Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Waiting for the Other Shoe to Drop
Why are you guys feeding an obvious troll job? Let him wallow in his negativity. He's "waiting for the other shoe to drop" and yet he apparently hasn't watched a game.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2018, 02:37 PM)BengalD Wrote: So I went and looked up some statistics and I found: 12 teams (multiple super bowl victories) have won 84.6 % (44) of the super bowls. 8 teams(one super bowl victory) have won 15.4% of the super bowls. And should the Bengals win the super bowl that would be 9 of 53 almost 17%. Since there are 32 and all teams have a chance to start with - each time is entitled to 3.125 % chance of winning. So realistically this season this team has somewhere between 3.125% and 17% percent chance of winning the super bowl. Obviously those numbers are just chances based on eligibility and history and do not include human factors. Additionally - whatever the chances are of winning the super bowl truly are (I would love to ask Watson) , - they've been increased to some degree by virtue of the first two wins. Just a factoid - vegas started the season with a 1.25% chance of the Bengals winning the super bowl (somewhere around 80-1) and are now at 3.03% (33-1) .

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=4901664]

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2018, 04:36 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: they throw temper tantrums like 5 year olds,    Panic

Very entertaining this buggers are!  Popcorn

(09-19-2018, 06:11 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Too late.

Oh the irony.

Smirk
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2018, 06:19 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Why are you guys feeding an obvious troll job?  Let him wallow in his negativity.  He's "waiting for the other shoe to drop" and yet he apparently hasn't watched a game.

Violin  (Wallowing)   Violin
Reply/Quote
FYI, after 2 games, Andy has the 7th highest passer rating in the NFL
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
To the OP...
Look, there's NOTHING WRONG with being "nervous," we've all been conditioned for failure as Bengals fans. HOWEVER, don't let that nervousness RUIN your enjoyment when they find success.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2018, 07:43 PM)Tomkat Wrote: To the OP...
Look, there's NOTHING WRONG with being "nervous," we've all been conditioned for failure as Bengals fans.  HOWEVER, don't let that nervousness RUIN your enjoyment when they find success.

If history is rewritten, regardless of when, I will be at the closest party!  Who Dey
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2018, 06:10 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Watch out beaker!!  They got other rooms for that.  Mods don't like it when you stray.

For that reason and that reason alone I will say no more on the subject.

I just don't think "expect the same old same old" would be his message to a true believer like yourself. Seems like he would want you to believe something more encouraging.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2018, 11:27 PM)Beaker Wrote: I just don't think "expect the same old same old" would be his message to a true believer like yourself. Seems like he would want you to believe something more encouraging.

Reader's Digest version, NFL football is not high on His order and priorities.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2018, 11:05 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: If history is rewritten, regardless of when, I will be at the closest party!  Who Dey

I meant that to include regular season games, too... the Bengals are 2-0!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2018, 01:23 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: That would be MIKE BROWN!!

(09-19-2018, 06:30 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: [Image: tenor.gif?itemid=4901664]

That's too funny! Rep.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2018, 01:35 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: As of now, the Bengals are undefeated and are in first place. 

See if this holds true in late December.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Why let a couple of wins get in the way of whining and complaining. Since we don't have many reasons now lets talk about what things we can pretend will go wrong.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2018, 06:47 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Hope for the best, expect the worst.  (Psst.  It's 26 years and counting)  History will change or it will be 27 and counting.  Time will tell.

The saying actually is hope for the best, plan for the worst.

And being pessimistic makes sense--2-0, both games won by double digits.  Who wouldn't be negative?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote