Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Waiver Claim- OL Isaiah Prince
(12-07-2019, 11:37 AM)Nati#1 Wrote: I think this guy could take boobie harts job

The Dolphins drafted Prince as, and played him at Guard.  From what I read, they wanted to hold onto him, but needed the roster space for someone else.  While his pass blocking was terrible at Ohio State, he did come on strong as a run blocker his Senior year.  It's really not uncommon for guys that were Tackles in college, to find homes as Guards in the NFL.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
They would stack the team with OSU O-linemen. You never trust an olineman or QB from an Urban Meyer team. They just dont translate to the nfl. You may get 1 but it is rare with his teams. Urban produces good D lineman, Db's and wr's. It was the same way when he was at Florida.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2019, 11:48 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The Dolphins drafted Prince as, and played him at Guard.  From what I read, they wanted to hold onto him, but needed the roster space for someone else.  While his pass blocking was terrible at Ohio State, he did come on strong as a run blocker his Senior year.  It's really not uncommon for guys that were Tackles in college, to find homes as Guards in the NFL.

Oh boy.  Zac got us some more Dolphins trash.  Just love his connections.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2019, 12:13 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Oh boy.  Zac got us some more Dolphins trash.  Just love his connections.

I don't think that the Dolphins viewed Prince as trash.  The article, which I can't seem to find again, said that they were hoping to just keep him on the PS, until another roster spot opened up.  He played in 4 games, 2 of them as a starter.

And, I can't fault Zac Taylor or the Bengals for keeping their eyes on every available opportunity to find players that may be able to help improve the team.  Sure, Prince isn't great player, but you're not going to find many All Pros available at this point in the season.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2019, 12:26 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I don't think that the Dolphins viewed Prince as trash.  The article, which I can't seem to find again, said that they were hoping to just keep him on the PS, until another roster spot opened up.  He played in 4 games, 2 of them as a starter.

And, I can't fault Zac Taylor or the Bengals for keeping their eyes on every available opportunity to find players that may be able to help improve the team.  Sure, Prince isn't great player, but you're not going to find many All Pros available at this point in the season.

Prince is not good.

Just because one of the other worst teams in the league might have wanted to keep him on their PS doesn't mean a whole lot.

Oh well.  Can't go anywhere but up at this point.

Maybe the get rid of Hart's ridiculous contract...  then again... Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2019, 12:50 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Prince is not good.

No shit?  He really sucks?  That's a brilliant deduction you have made, Sherlock Holmes.  In case you haven't noticed, all of the Bengals OL currently suck, the two highest graded guys that we have can't even rate a 61 on PFF's rating system.

All I was saying, is that the Dolphins really didn't want to give up on him, they needed the roster spot to cover another need.  Yeah, I know the Dolphins are just another 3 win team.  However, for as lifeless as they looked early on, they are showing some signs of life, a little fight, and they just might not be as bad as their record indicates.  They threw their young players out there to sink or swim, at first they really struggled.  Now, they are developing, have built a little cohesiveness, and are gradually achieving some small successes.

But yeah, Prince sucks.  He's not a superstar that will come and save the day.  But, at least the Bengals are looking at players that may be worth putting some developmental time into.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
They must have been looking for OT who wouldn’t push Hart for playing time.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2019, 03:51 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: No shit?  He really sucks?  That's a brilliant deduction you have made, Sherlock Holmes.  In case you haven't noticed, all of the Bengals OL currently suck, the two highest graded guys that we have can't even rate a 61 on PFF's rating system.

All I was saying, is that the Dolphins really didn't want to give up on him, they needed the roster spot to cover another need.  Yeah, I know the Dolphins are just another 3 win team.  However, for as lifeless as they looked early on, they are showing some signs of life, a little fight, and they just might not be as bad as their record indicates.  They threw their young players out there to sink or swim, at first they really struggled.  Now, they are developing, have built a little cohesiveness, and are gradually achieving some small successes.

But yeah, Prince sucks.  He's not a superstar that will come and save the day.  But, at least the Bengals are looking at players that may be worth putting some developmental time into.

jeezus.

I haven't really claimed to done any research other watching him suck on the Buckeyes.

People are so sensitive about signing Bucks that at least played well in college 'round these parts.

I'm certainly not on board for this guy.

Who is gonna develop his ass BTW.  Turner or Hooch?
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2019, 12:50 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Prince is not good.

Just because one of the other worst teams in the league might have wanted to keep him on their PS doesn't mean a whole lot.

Oh well.  Can't go anywhere but up at this point.

Maybe the get rid of Hart's ridiculous contract...  then again... Bengals.

I'm so hoping there's some dead wood chopping this offseason. Hart and Kirkpatrick top my list. I highly doubt Prince is ever more than a backup though.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2019, 09:41 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'm so hoping there's some dead wood chopping this offseason. Hart and Kirkpatrick top my list. I highly doubt Prince is ever more than a backup though.

Oh I'm not saying that it's more than a warm body.

A warm body might be better than Hart his season anyway.

It's not like the team is playing for anything more than pride and a possible contracts at this point.

Booby should be making back-up money and clinging to stay on as a back up.

Instead he's starting on a team that is lucky to win one damn game this year but making $$$$ all the while.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2019, 09:35 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: jeezus.

I haven't really claimed to done any research other watching him suck on the Buckeyes.

People are so sensitive about signing Bucks that at least played well in college 'round these parts.

I'm certainly not on board for this guy.

Who is gonna develop his ass BTW.  Turner or Hooch?

Easy now, I meant nothing personal toward your opinion.  I cussed Prince several times, during his college career.  I'm just saying that some guys are late developers, the Dolphins really didn't want him to get away, and that even as a subpar prospect he might be better than some of the slugs occupying roster spots on our current team.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2019, 12:45 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: ... I cussed Prince several times, during his college career.  I'm just saying that some guys are late developers...

Hell, Tom Brady couldn't even beat Brian Griese for the starting QB position while at Michigan!
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2019, 08:19 PM)michaelsean Wrote: He is terrible. One of the worst pass blocking tackles I can remember at OSU

He still started on that team, and had a lot of the tools.  I think it is a good pickup and thought he might make more sense as a guard?
Reply/Quote