Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS***
(10-26-2015, 12:07 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Yup.  A character of his caliber deserves a much better send-off, but at this point, I'd be pretty annoyed if he survived that situation.  I would bet that he survives, due to the intentional ambiguity of the scene.  They could have cleared this up completely by zooming back 5 feet.  I think that they intentionally made us believe that he was killed.  Also, the set photos say that he'll still be around for a while....unless those were a clever ploy to throw everyone off the scent of Glenn's death.

Still...how do you get out of that situation? I think they'd have a rough time rationally explaining that one.

I suppose they could say it was Nick on top of him getting shredded and have someone pull him under the fence. Maybe as a way to introduce (and get people to more favorably accept) Jesus?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2015, 01:49 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: I don't know which would be more lame. Killing him off like that, or having him survive it somehow.

Really wrote themselves into a corner on this one.

Yeah... that is my take on it in a nutshell.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2015, 12:48 PM)Benton Wrote: I suppose they could say it was Nick on top of him getting shredded and have someone pull him under the fence. Maybe as a way to introduce (and get people to more favorably accept) Jesus?

Maybe someone blows another truck horn and they all start following it. But even then, there'd still be quite few left with the taste of blood in their mouths who wouldn't want to leave the table so early.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
Man, I have really been enjoying this season and last episode was amazing. I may be in the minority here, but I thought Glenn dying was a really cool way to show just how brutal the world they live in can be and to show that anything can happen and anyone can die at any time. I was in disbelief that actually happened and I think that made it that much cooler.

As for Glenn "not dying", I really hope thats no the case. That would be super lame if they ended up bringing him back because somehow Nicholas' body was on top of his. Either he is dead or hes not, stop playing with peoples emotions.

Also, during talking dead last night one of the writers texted in to Chris Hartwick (or whatever his name is) and said "Glenn maybe dead, or not dead. But we can promise that he will be back to fulfill the story either in a physical or spiritual way".

Not sure what the hell that means.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2015, 11:52 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: SHOW SPOILER FOR UPCOMING EPISODE

>>
>
>>

>>
>

>
>>
>
>

>
>>

>
>
>

Ummm.... here is a set pic of Glenn with Jesus... some are saying that Nicholas' body on top of him shielded him. Or he was on set to film a flashback at the same time Jesus was filming a scene

[Image: 12190842_1055409637825430_27422408604456...e=56B7229E]

>
>
>

>
>
>
>>

>
>
>
>
>> END

That looks photoshopped. 
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2015, 01:50 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Also, during talking dead last night one of the writers texted in to Chris Hartwick (or whatever his name is) and said "Glenn maybe dead, or not dead. But we can promise that he will be back to fulfill the story either in a physical or spiritual way".

Probably trying to play on how they brought Beth back. As a ghost when Tyrese was dying. Or vision, however you want to call it.

But what story could be open to a lot of interpretation, either the story of last night (his possible death) or the things he was yet to do in the show but did do in the comics.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2015, 01:55 PM)Benton Wrote: Probably trying to play on how they brought Beth back. As a ghost when Tyrese was dying. Or vision, however you want to call it.

But what story could be open to a lot of interpretation, either the story of last night (his possible death) or the things he was yet to do in the show but did do in the comics.

This was his exact quote: 

“In some way we will see Glenn — some version of Glenn or parts of Glenn — again. Either in flashback or the current story to help complete the story.”
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2015, 01:50 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Man, I have really been enjoying this season and last episode was amazing. I may be in the minority here, but I thought Glenn dying was a really cool way to show just how brutal the world they live in can be and to show that anything can happen and anyone can die at any time. I was in disbelief that actually happened and I think that made it that much cooler.

As for Glenn "not dying", I really hope thats no the case. That would be super lame if they ended up bringing him back because somehow Nicholas' body was on top of his. Either he is dead or hes not, stop playing with peoples emotions.

Also, during talking dead last night one of the writers texted in to Chris Hartwick (or whatever his name is) and said "Glenn maybe dead, or not dead. But we can promise that he will be back to fulfill the story either in a physical or spiritual way".

Well when rick was losing his mind he was seeing his dead wife.. So maggie possible could go into total crazy mode and see glenn...

Im still holding out hope that dude that shot himself was on top of glenn getting eating and glenn was trying to get out and under the dumpster.

But if thats his end then he stay true to himself and it cost him. Not everyone can be saved but he never gave up on that aspect.

But if he is somehow not dead he is still in a horrible position. The fact that he called Rick a dumbass over his last radio call (also what he called him the first time they met in the episode "guts") probly tells us its over.

Glenn was an awesome character but from what i heard about the comics his end was coming just not expected this way.

Looking forward to how this progresses.... So many of the towns people have been lost either to the horde or to the wolves in the last 2 episodes. that alexandrea no longer seems like an ideal place for them to stay. To big with to few to defend it. Seems the series is gonna pick up the pace or at least leave another comfy spot.

And seeing how the group especially maggie respondes to this.

And that doesnt even include the situation rick is in. after being attacked by the wolves morgan let go... and how that plays in assuming rick makes it out.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2015, 04:01 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Well when rick was losing his mind he was seeing his dead wife.. So maggie possible could go into total crazy mode and see glenn...

Im still holding out hope that dude that shot himself was on top of glenn getting eating and glenn was trying to get out and under the dumpster.

But if thats his end then he stay true to himself and it cost him.  Not everyone can be saved but he never gave up on that aspect.

But if he is somehow not dead he is still in a horrible position.  The fact that he called Rick a dumbass over his last radio call (also what he called him the first time they met in the episode "guts") probly tells us its over.

Glenn was an awesome character but  from what i heard about the comics his end was coming  just not expected this way.

Looking forward to how this progresses....  So many of the towns people have been lost either to the horde or to the wolves in the last 2 episodes.  that alexandrea no longer seems like an ideal place for them to stay.   To big with to few to defend it. Seems the series is gonna pick up the pace or at least leave another comfy spot.

And seeing how the group especially maggie respondes to this.

And that doesnt even include the situation rick is in. after being attacked by the wolves morgan let go... and how that plays in assuming rick makes it out.

Like I said before, if they bring Glenn back (or he somehow survives) then thats super lame. Trolling the audience making them believe a main character had died is weak in my opinion. Either kill him or don't kill him. Dont try to dupe the audience. 

Also, what the hell was exactly going on in this episode regarding Rick and Daryl? Where was Daryl riding off to on his motorcycle and what exactly was Rick's plan with the RV? Maybe I just wasnt paying attention, but I was confused. 
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2015, 04:25 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Like I said before, if they bring Glenn back (or he somehow survives) then thats super lame. Trolling the audience making them believe a main character had died is weak in my opinion. Either kill him or don't kill him. Dont try to dupe the audience. 

Also, what the hell was exactly going on in this episode regarding Rick and Daryl? Where was Daryl riding off to on his motorcycle and what exactly was Rick's plan with the RV? Maybe I just wasnt paying attention, but I was confused. 

ricks plan with the RV was to head off those Zombies that were heading to the horn(alexandrea) and get them to follow him towards where the rest of the heard and away from town... But the RV died.

Darryl i believe was headed back to help the group then took a moment and decided to head back as they werent responding. as i think hes part of the escape plan for Abraham and (the girl i forgot her name)

Glenns probly dead. But we will know next sunday at least it wasnt a mid season cliff hanger. And like i said even if he made it under the dumpster unless theres a manhole cover he can open with no leverage hes not going anywhere. so most likely hes dead

and the Ricktatorship is probly coming back assuming rick makes it in tact.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2015, 04:25 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Like I said before, if they bring Glenn back (or he somehow survives) then thats super lame. Trolling the audience making them believe a main character had died is weak in my opinion. Either kill him or don't kill him. Dont try to dupe the audience. 

I agree. That would be lame and totally unbelievable for him to escape that scene. It's been a while since they killed an "A" character in the show, so it seemed appropriate. My wife was pissed though.
[Image: 29p43f6.png]

Quote:"Massillon High School is ahead of us," owner Mike Brown said when asked about an indoor practice facility. "We don't have one."
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2015, 01:52 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: That looks photoshopped. 

http://screencrush.com/files/2015/09/AG084364_01.jpg

Not photoshopped. This is another shot and it was posted over a month ago. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-26-2015, 12:48 PM)Benton Wrote: I suppose they could say it was Nick on top of him getting shredded and have someone pull him under the fence. Maybe as a way to introduce (and get people to more favorably accept) Jesus?

I think it is way too soon for Jesus. If the end of the first half ends with the horde attacking, he comes at the start of the 2nd half. If it doesn't, he comes at the end of the first half. He hasn't been on set that long filming. 

However, here is a shot of the dumpster
[Image: 12193466_10207670112059189_5198315914970...e=56B64954]

plenty of room under there for Glenn. 

Someone pointed out that he had no blood coming from his mouth and you'd expect that if his guts were torn out. The intestines were also way too close to his head. A wound there would have been his chest.

If you watch the video, the shirt being torn open is tan (Nicholas') and later Glenn raises his head and his blue shirt is clearly visible. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybfGq9hkqUU

As it panes out, you can see his face and possible movement. The actual feasting seems to happen much further down.

[Image: 12042993_10153698449997630_3239179279548...e=56B4E1A7]

It is possible that Nicholas and the amount of blood that spills on his, and walker blood on him from earlier, may give him enough cover to slide himself under the dumpster. 

I do believe he is dead, though.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I will say after watching bmores linked clip again, it looks more like it's not Glenn's guts getting yanked out. It looks like they're in his chest.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2015, 08:21 PM)Benton Wrote: I will say after watching bmores linked clip again, it looks more like it's not Glenn's guts getting yanked out. It looks like they're in his chest.

Still, the writers expecting you to accept that of the dozens of zombies surrounding them, not a single one went for Glenn's head or neck? A slap in the face to the intelligence of all the viewers. 
Reply/Quote
Look at it this way: you're going to mourn Glenn soon regardless. If he isn't dead already, he'll be dead in the final episode of season 6.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I thought Glenns death was excellent because nobody saw it coming. Too many shows/movies (ALL) are too predictable and that becomes lame after awhile. The death didn't do disservice to his character, Glenn still did many heroic things in his life and he died while trying to help haunted Nicolas become whole again. Many people die suddenly and tragically in real life.

Still, i'm not sure he is even really dead. I think the shows producers want him to be dead in the manner that he was killed but ultimately chickened out due to fear of backlash. He will most likely find his way to the dumpster or worse yet it was all in haunted Nicolas's head with that being a turning point for his character. Another theory is it's a different point in time and the horn has yet to blow.

Reply/Quote
that one small town had a lot of dead end alleys.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2015, 09:16 AM)bengal_fan_in_toronto Wrote: that one small town had a lot of dead end alleys.

Hence the term 'dead-end town'.

Mellow
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2015, 10:27 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Look at it this way: you're going to mourn Glenn soon regardless. If he isn't dead already, he'll be dead in the final episode of season 6.

Thanks for that, man. 
Reply/Quote