Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Career QB passer rating of active QBs
(07-09-2017, 04:05 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: And this is why I don't believe it's a "no-brainer" that the Bengals would have beaten the Steelers with the 05 team.

Like sure, Palmer makes a difference. There's no denying that. But the Steelers still put up 31 points. And the offense sizzled in the 2nd half.

The same thing happened in 2013 against the Chargers.

In the 1st half, the Bengals scored 10 points and could have scored more if it weren't for Gio's fumble within the 5 yard line.

In the first half, Dalton was 12 for 17 for 164 yards and a TD.
He completed 70% of his passes and had a QB rating of 120.7.

And then we saw how the 2nd half went

How was QB play 1st half v. 2nd half in our most current playoff game?

And did a RB fumble have ant effect on that?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2017, 09:23 PM)bfine32 Wrote: How was QB play 1st half v. 2nd half in our most current playoff game?

Marvin decided that the offense should fizzle in the first half of that one. Guess he had his halves mixed up. 

Too bad we can never throw a complete game together in the playoffs.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2017, 09:23 PM)bfine32 Wrote: How was QB play 1st half v. 2nd half in our most current playoff game?

Nope, the fumble by Hill does not effect how poorly the QB played.

QB play was also abysmal in the 3rd quarter.

Until the 4th quarter, QB play was 14 for 26 for 110 yards, 1 INT and 3 fumbles.

So in the 4th quarter, actually with 11:11 minutes left in the game, those were the QBs stats. (14 for 27 actually since the drive before in the 4th he threw once)

Oh, in the 2nd half the QB lost a fumble as well. So 1 TD and 1 turnover in the 2nd half.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2017, 05:24 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Many forget we were down 10 with 6 minutes to go and AD threw a perfect bomb down right sidelines to AJ that AJ admitted later he should have caught for a TD and then only down 3. It also would have boosted AD's numbers.

I'm really surprised AJ doesn't get more flak for his playoff performances, which range from decent to totally ineffective.  Dalton has more 300 yard passing games than Green has 100 yard receiving days in the playoffs.

In Andy's 4 playoff starts, he has never had a 100 yard rusher and has had only one 100 yard receiver(Marvin Jones vs SD).  He's been sacked 12 times, which would equate to 48 sacks in a year.  Last year, we gave up 41.
Reply/Quote
What an enjoyable thread to read. So many painful memories re hashed. All I got out this topic is the playoffs have been a complete organizational failure. Could dalton have performed better? Absolutely. Could the team have been better prepared? Almost assuredly. The defense gets shredded. The running game mostly throttled. Star players ignored for major stretches. Yes, the bengals get there. Then they choke. Commit stupid penalties. They don't know how to handle the big stage.

To me it's mostly coaching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2017, 11:40 AM)Whatever Wrote: I'm really surprised AJ doesn't get more flak for his playoff performances, which range from decent to totally ineffective.  Dalton has more 300 yard passing games than Green has 100 yard receiving days in the playoffs.

In Andy's 4 playoff starts, he has never had a 100 yard rusher and has had only one 100 yard receiver(Marvin Jones vs SD).  He's been sacked 12 times, which would equate to 48 sacks in a year.  Last year, we gave up 41.

Excellent points, but the human nature for the NFL QB is he gets the credit, so he will get the criticism.  

I don't agree with it.  It is a team game, and Dalton didn't play poorly on defense that cost them as many of those games as anything else, but if he ever (this year, IMHO) wins the Super Bowl, he will get all the credit and people will stop talking about 0-5 in the playoffs and start saying "Is he on the path to be a HOF QB?".

It will turn on a dime. 
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2017, 12:12 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Excellent points, but the human nature for the NFL QB is he gets the credit, so he will get the criticism.  

Except the same people who blame Andy for losses mostly credit others for the wins.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2017, 02:04 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: 1) Nope, the fumble by Hill does not effect how poorly the QB played.

2) QB play was also abysmal in the 3rd quarter.

Until the 4th quarter, QB play was 14 for 26 for 110 yards, 1 INT and 3 fumbles.

So in the 4th quarter, actually with 11:11 minutes left in the game, those were the QBs stats. (14 for 27 actually since the drive before in the 4th he threw once)

3)Oh, in the 2nd half the QB lost a fumble as well. So 1 TD and 1 turnover in the 2nd half.

1) Just as the fumble by Gio didn't effect how poorly(?) the QB played. Also don't forget Gio also fumbled in the second half of the Steeler's game. Did that one affect QB play?

2) So now we dissect by quarters (even minutes) and not by halves?

3) Didn't Andy fumble in that minutes/quarters/half that you were praising his performance?

Reply/Quote
(07-10-2017, 12:18 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Except the same people who blame Andy for losses mostly credit others for the wins.

This is just made up. 

Reply/Quote
(07-10-2017, 12:58 PM)bfine32 Wrote: This is just made up. 

Right. We've never heard about Andy being the product of all the weapons around him. Not from national media and certainly not here on the boards. 

Mellow
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2017, 07:45 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Right. We've never heard about Andy being the product of all the weapons around him. Not from national media and certainly not here on the boards. 

Mellow

Not sure why the funny face; however, this has absolutely nothing to do with what you said. Nor is it true

I run the gameball thread after every win and if you are suggesting Andy doesn't get his "fair" share of credit then we'll just disagree. 

But I realize this is going nowhere. Folks picked their side after year one and nothing is going to make them question it. 

Reply/Quote
(07-10-2017, 12:58 PM)bfine32 Wrote: 1) Just as the fumble by Gio didn't effect how poorly(?) the QB played. Also don't forget Gio also fumbled in the second half of the Steeler's game. Did that one affect QB play?

2) So now we dissect by quarters (even minutes) and not by halves?

3) Didn't Andy fumble in that minutes/quarters/half that you were praising his performance?

1. Nope. Neither affects QB play. Both did not play well enough to win.

2. If going by halves, then sure, let's do that.

McCarron in the 1st half:
7 of 14 for 59 yards. 1 interception. 2 fumbles (none lost).

2nd half:
16 of 27 for 153 yards. 1 TD. 1 lost fumble.

Dalton in 1st half:
12 of 17 for 164 yards. 1 TD. 1 fumble (none lost)

Dalton in 2nd half:
17 of 34 for 170 yards. 2 interceptions. 1 lost fumble.

3. Andy had a good entire half. McCarron had a good 4th quarter.
And Dalton did fumble in the first half. But it was recovered by his team. McCarron had a turnover each half.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2017, 09:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Not sure why the funny face; however, this has absolutely nothing to do with what you said. Nor is it true

I run the gameball thread after every win and if you are suggesting Andy doesn't get his "fair" share of credit then we'll just disagree. 

But I realize this is going nowhere. Folks picked their side after year one and nothing is going to make them question it

True. So look in the mirror and quit acting like you are not one of those folks. I would suggest you change folks to "we" to make an accurate statement.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2017, 09:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: But I realize this is going nowhere. Folks picked their side after year one and nothing is going to make them question it. 

I clearly did not.  I was not in the camp of drafting Dalton.  I was glad they didn't reach for a Ponder, Gabbert, or Locker in the first (which set back the Vikes, Jags, and Titans nicely) but I was not a fan of Dalton coming out of TCU.

Why?  Well, here was a short list of things I said:

"What?  He's 6'2" and 220 lbs?  He will get killed in the AFC North"
"TCU runs that spread....he won't know how to work under center, or read defenses"
"He's not overly fast, what does he bring to the table?"

and lastly, "He cost me $100 when he beat Wisconsin"

The more I researched him, the more I tried to understand the choice.  Maybe a part of me was hoping the Palmer divorce wasn't final.  Then, I watched him play.  Despite having a dearth of weapons, no OTAs, a new OC, etc.  he won 9 games and made the playoffs.  I saw him lose a game against Denver, but I could see this guy was a "gamer".  I always thought Palmer was talented, but I didn't see the case of the red-ass when it comes to just winning like I do in Dalton.

He has had his tough days (2.0 QB rating against Browns in a prime time game, first three playoff appearances), but he has also improved year over year, and last year showed he could still win games and post a decent statistical season with minimal weapons and a horrible line.  Not many QBs can do that.  

I am beyond excited to watch him this year.  I am now 100% fully in his camp.  I wasn't right away, but the guy won me over.  He is a steal at what he is being paid, a great guy off the field, and allergic to losing (before anyone throws out 6-9-1, I will remind you that even an average kicking game yields three more wins and a likely 6th consecutive playoff appearance.  
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2017, 11:51 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: 1. Nope. Neither affects QB play. Both did not play well enough to win.

2. If going by halves, then sure, let's do that.

McCarron in the 1st half:
7 of 14 for 59 yards. 1 interception. 2 fumbles (none lost).

2nd half:
16 of 27 for 153 yards. 1 TD. 1 lost fumble.

Dalton in 1st half:
12 of 17 for 164 yards. 1 TD. 1 fumble (none lost)

Dalton in 2nd half:
17 of 34 for 170 yards. 2 interceptions. 1 lost fumble.

3. Andy had a good entire half. McCarron had a good 4th quarter.
And Dalton did fumble in the first half. But it was recovered by his team. McCarron had a turnover each half.

1. Well that makes me wonder why you brought up Gio's fumble in the first place if it had no effect. Just saying?

2. So AJ's 2nd half against Pitt was every bit as good as Andy's 1st half and they each stunk in the other half. The point was not to determine which QB had the better game it was to destroy the assumption that a QB would just stink in the 2nd hald because that's what they do under Marvin. Our most recent playoff game our QB played much better in the second half than the 1st

3. Up until 12:06 in the second half and completed 50% of his passes for 26 yards, 1 first down, 1 fumble, and 0 scores. Is that part of the "entire half" you were talking about with Andy? 

You can keep trying or you can just say Andy had a good first half in the SD game and AJ had a good 2nd half in the Pitt game. Chances are you'll try to go a different direction. 

Reply/Quote
(07-11-2017, 08:18 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: True. So look in the mirror and quit acting like you are not one of those folks. I would suggest you change folks to "we" to make an accurate statement.

You must not have known my opinion of the guy he replaced. I absolutely loved the drafting of Andy Dalton and am generally satisfied with his level of play. I just call a bad game by the QB a bad game by the QB; many do not. 

Reply/Quote