Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Walter mock, YES PLEASE
I googled "most accurate draft predictor 2019," and it came up Charlie Campbell of Walter Football. I hope that he is as accurate this year.

1. Joe Burrow, QB, LSU
2. Isaiah Wilson, T, Georgia
3. Lloyd Cushenberry, C, LSU
4. Willie Gay, Jr., OLB, Mississippi State
5. J.K. Hill, WR, OSU
6. David Woodward, OLB/ILB, Utah State
7. Didn't predict 7th round.

Checks the boxes on all our needs, and even doubles up on our two weakest positions. Some surprises at where he has some guys slotted, but remember, he had the most accurate mock last year.

I'd give it an A. What do you think?
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2020, 05:30 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: I googled "most accurate draft predictor 2019," and it came up Charlie Campbell of Walter Football.  I hope that he is as accurate this year.

1.  Joe Burrow, QB, LSU
2.  Isaiah Wilson, T, Georgia
3.  Lloyd Cushenberry, C, LSU
4.  Willie Gay, Jr., OLB, Mississippi State
5.  J.K. Hill, WR, OSU
6.  David Woodward, OLB/ILB, Utah State
7.  Didn't predict 7th round.

Checks the boxes on all our needs, and even doubles up on our two weakest positions.  Some surprises at where he has some guys slotted, but remember, he had the most accurate mock last year.

I'd give it an A.  What do you think?
 with us switching to a 4 LBs.. anything short of a LB taken in 2 and 3 is a B for me.. but I like the draft as a whole.. I know who i like in 7th round though  Brian Herrien RB from Georgia if there....
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
No on Woodward. No on the mock.
Reply/Quote
Hard pass on Willie gay. I’m ok with the rest, though I’m not sure about Woodward. He was good when he played but all of those injuries man. I know it’s a late round pick but man that’s a big risk.
Reply/Quote
Hate it. I see Joe Burrow being the only one who turns out. I'm really pulling for Evan Weaver at linebacker in the 4th. I think he is a huge sleeper that we need to take. Not the fastest guy but he knows where to go and has great instincts. That is my sleeper pick.
Tiger

2024 MOCK DRAFT (4 ROUND)

1ST ROUND-OT-JC LATHAM-ALABAMA
2ND ROUND-OG-COOPER BEEBE-KANSAS
3RD ROUND-DT-DEWAYNE CARTER-DUKE
3RD ROUND-WR-JACOB COWING-ARIZONA
4TH ROUND-CB-MIKE SAINRISTIL-MICHIGAN
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2020, 09:05 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Hard pass on Willie gay. I’m ok with the rest, though I’m not sure about Woodward. He was good when he played but all of those injuries man. I know it’s a late round pick but man that’s a big risk.

Hard pass in the 4th?  The guy ran a 4.46, hits like a locomotive, and has the NFL blood lines.  His "red flags" were academic cheating (along with 10 teammates and not exactly an issue for a pro), and oh yeah, that little bitty fight with his QB.  Face it, you gotta be a little bit psycho to play LB in the NFL.  

Course I would rather have more of a sure thing at LB than him and Woodward, but if you don't get an LB early, you take what you can.  If we hit on one of them, I'm happy.  
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2020, 01:04 AM)Nati#1 Wrote: Hate it. I see Joe Burrow being the only one who turns out. I'm really pulling for Evan Weaver at linebacker in the 4th. I think he is a huge sleeper that we need to take. Not the fastest guy but he knows where to go and has great instincts. That is my sleeper pick.

Hahahah Weaver is not going to be a good pro. He was a solid college player but Weaver will be wasted roster spot for whomever drafts him.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2020, 03:15 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: Hard pass in the 4th?  The guy ran a 4.46, hits like a locomotive, and has the NFL blood lines.  His "red flags" were academic cheating (along with 10 teammates and not exactly an issue for a pro), and oh yeah, that little bitty fight with his QB.  Face it, you gotta be a little bit psycho to play LB in the NFL.  

Course I would rather have more of a sure thing at LB than him and Woodward, but if you don't get an LB early, you take what you can.  If we hit on one of them, I'm happy.  

Maybe you see something that I don’t-I’m not a pro talent evaluator, but I have seen plenty of tape where he struggles to get to the sidelines to make plays on outside runs, and that’s what the bengals are looking for. Coupled with red flags and Taylor’s preference of good character.

Honestly, I believe that the bengals are hoping that Queen is there at 33 if they really want an early lber, otherwise I think they are going offense the 2nd day, then find some talented multipositional defensive players with a lb with good coverage skills and teach them the rest. There’s a guy from Purdue who potentially fits that bill.
Reply/Quote
I'm completely down with it. I'd draft oline until we had the best in the league and our second string oline was in the top 5
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2020, 10:29 PM)bonesaw Wrote: I'm completely down with it.  I'd draft oline until we had the best in the league and our second string oline was in the top 5

In the NFL, you will usually end up being only as good as your backups because you know some of them will be playing.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-19-2020, 11:23 PM)McC Wrote: In the NFL, you will usually end up being only as good as your backups because you know some of them will be playing.

I wouldn't mind it.  I actually like Willie Gay Jr.  I personally would rather have a WR in 3 as opposed to another OL, but it's whatever.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2020, 05:30 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: I googled "most accurate draft predictor 2019," and it came up Charlie Campbell of Walter Football.  I hope that he is as accurate this year.

1.  Joe Burrow, QB, LSU
2.  Isaiah Wilson, T, Georgia
3.  Lloyd Cushenberry, C, LSU
4.  Willie Gay, Jr., OLB, Mississippi State
5.  J.K. Hill, WR, OSU
6.  David Woodward, OLB/ILB, Utah State
7.  Didn't predict 7th round.

Checks the boxes on all our needs, and even doubles up on our two weakest positions.  Some surprises at where he has some guys slotted, but remember, he had the most accurate mock last year.

I'd give it an A.  What do you think?

I like it a lot except for Cushenberry and Hill.  We don't need guys bouncing around to new positions, especially in the first three rounds.  We need those guys on the field to play.  

KJ Hill is not as good as what we have at slot WR and he will not play outside.  
Reply/Quote