Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Walton cut
Good move, Bengals. Get rid of the trash before it has a chance to really smell the place up. He wasn't that good, anyway.

https://www.bengals.com/news/bengals-waive-mark-walton

Quote:“It’s important for our team to get off to a fresh start as we begin the 2019 season,” said head coach Zac Taylor. “For that reason, we felt it best if we move forward without Mark Walton. We hope his situation gets resolved, but we don’t want to take anything away from the good work that so many other players have already begun to demonstrate.”
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Good move by the team, Zac won't want any baggage with his team
Reply/Quote
Do you think His 21 yards on 22 carries last preseason is enough to get his jersey retired?
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
Considering the usual Bengal's statement accompanying releases is "thank you and good luck" what Zac said was pretty forceful.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
It's always hard to watch someone with a gift just throw it away. All this guy had to do was keep his nose clean and save money for a few years and he could've been set for life. Now he's likely out of the league.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
wheres the guys now that defended the Bengals. drafting of him now?
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2019, 05:30 PM)impactplaya Wrote: wheres the guys now that defended the Bengals. drafting of him now?

Is it really necessary to pick that fight?  Can't it just be good that the Bengals got rid of a shitty player with off-field issues?  FWIW, I thought Walton was a bad pick, as well.  However, we're all fans of the same team around here, no need to try to stir up dissention among the crew.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2019, 04:48 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote:  Now he's likely out of the league.

Back up RB is probably the easiest position on the roster to fill.  They are a dime a dozen.

Too bad he did not have talent like Henry or Thurman.  He'd still be around.
Reply/Quote
Looks like he made 1.165 mil with us. His total contract was 4 years, 3.14 mil. He forfeits about 2 million. Great winter Mark...
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2019, 05:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Back up RB is probably the easiest position on the roster to fill.  They are a dime a dozen.

Too bad he did not have talent like Henry or Thurman.  He'd still be around.

Yeah it really is a talent/risk ratio. A 4th round RB that had a disappointing rookie year? The juice isn't worth the squeeze. 

Tbh though, with the offseason Walton has had, he'd have to be a special talent for someone to look the other way.

(04-06-2019, 06:18 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Looks like he made 1.165 mil with us.  His total contract was 4 years, 3.14 mil.   He forfeits about 2 million.  Great winter Mark...

..and if his money decisions are anything like his life decisions, he'll be broke in a year.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2019, 04:03 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Good move, Bengals. Get rid of the trash before it has a chance to really smell the place up. He wasn't that good, anyway.

https://www.bengals.com/news/bengals-waive-mark-walton

I like the way Zac talks, refreshing.

Yeah, Walton shouldn't of made the team last season, he was the worst RB on the roster in Preseason and everyone could see it.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2019, 07:02 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I like the way Zac talks, refreshing.

Yeah, Walton shouldn't of made the team last season, he was the worst RB on the roster in Preseason and everyone could see it.

ez replacement with one of the 6th round picks 
Reply/Quote
If he had run as hard in games as he did when the police were hitting him with a taser he'd still be in the league.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Give the recent events and problems he has had it's hard not to support this decision
Reply/Quote
Talk about using the winning lottery ticket to wipe your behind. It really amazes me how people throw away a life changing situation.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2019, 05:34 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Is it really necessary to pick that fight?  Can't it just be good that the Bengals got rid of a shitty player with off-field issues?  FWIW, I thought Walton was a bad pick, as well.  However, we're all fans of the same team around here, no need to try to stir up dissention among the crew.

Im.not picking a fight to be honest. its just when he got arrested tne 2nd time I was basically told I didnt know what I was talking about in regards to how he was a draft pick we didnt need 
I just wanted to know where those guys are now.
thats all
Reply/Quote
Good move on the Bengals part.

He'll look back on this 10 years from now and wonder how he was so stupid.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2019, 08:02 PM)kalibengal Wrote: ez replacement with one of the 6th round picks 

Agreed, #3 RB's are a dime a dozen nowadayz and there are tons of good ones in the Draft.

A good one ought to fall to the 6th where we have 3 picks.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2019, 05:30 PM)impactplaya Wrote: wheres the guys now that defended the Bengals. drafting of him now?

I did. I’ll own it.

But what you’re doing is silly. People who defended taking him did so because they thought he had talent. I did and I still do. No one knew he was a complete jackass off the field.

But you win this round, Captain Hindsight. Commence with the Gatorade shower.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
Unpopular opinion here, but I hope the kid gets his head on straight. His father was murdered when he was a young child, his mom died a couple of years ago, and he has a little girl I think to take care of. He has the potential talent to be on a roster, I don't doubt that at all. But obviously his 3 arrests this year and what they were for tells me that his 'home life' has interfered way too much into how he performs on the field, because he doesn't have the overwhelming talent to overcome it. Just my 2 cents.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote