Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Walton cut
(04-07-2019, 01:41 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: No sympathy from me. For every one of him there are thousands more with the same difficult upbringing who would have taken the opportunity he had and made his life and his family's life better. To me that is the bottom line. Golden opportunity and he f*cked it up. I will save my sympathy for those who will never have such a great opportunity. Also remember that the NFL and the NFLPA provide a lot of counsel to rookies on how to adjust, how to act, how to manage money, etc etc. To mess all that up is not sad, it is pathetic. 

I think perhaps you confuse me with someone who believes in endless forgiveness. I do not, but on the other hand I also do not believe in endless punishments.
Walton should pay for his crimes. He dug his own hole, but he didn't go on a murderous spree either.
I just hope he's able to clean up his life. If not then he gets what's coming to him.
I simply hope he's able to come out on the other side as a productive citizen instead of one who lets every little thing that ever happened to him ruin his entire life. 
If that's too soft on people then oh well. I've seen and known people whose lives were completely ruined because of one transgression as a young person. I've known people who got away with far worse crimes only to go on to keep committing more crimes.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2019, 06:21 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Are you sure about that?  His draft/combine grade was 5.34, says has a chance to be a backup or special teamer.  His 4.66 40 time is a bit of a detriment, as well.  From what I've been reading, we could likely pick him up with one of our 6th round picks.

In the case of Snell, those numbers don't do justice to what is put down on the field of play.  He is a hard runner that gets better as the game wears on.  A very determined runner that can be a battering ram, or can make guys miss at times.  The numbers he put up at UK, of all places, against SEC competition (and the Nittany Lions for good measure) are nothing to sneeze at.  He may not pan out, but it won't be for a lack of effort or drive.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
This bum. Not sure why the tape of last year wasn't enough.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/05/10/mark-walton-trying-out-for-dolphins/

Especially after this offseason.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2019, 05:00 PM)jj22 Wrote: This bum. Not sure why the tape of last year wasn't enough.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/05/10/mark-walton-trying-out-for-dolphins/

Especially after this offseason.

Likely just giving the hometown kid a look.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2019, 05:18 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Likely just giving the hometown kid a look.

He is now officially a Fin.
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2019, 03:13 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: He is now officially a Fin.

Good for him.  Hopefully it wasn't as part of a parking lot protection deal with the local Crips chapter..   Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote