Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Walton should be cut
He's not even the third best running back on the team. Tra Carson is.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2018, 09:00 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: He's not even the third best running back on the team. Tra Carson is.

He looked significantly better last night; found holes, ran hard.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Not even sure he's the 4th best rb on the team right now. But I doubt they cut him.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I'm not disagreeing with you and I dont think he's good but if this game made you decide Carson is better then him that's weird. In his and Hills defense, Carson has also been in the league longer.

Speaking of Hill. Why is he not getting more talk like Walton? He was drafted like 1 round later.
Reply/Quote
He’d be my odd man out if we keep 4.

Mixon
Gio
Carson
Hill

Maybe practice squad for Walton. Still scratching my head over that pick tbh.

Reply/Quote
I wasn't a fan of taking a rb in the 4th, but he would be my 4th rb. If something happened to Gio or Mixon as chances are one of them will miss a game or two or more, Carson is the one to step in that 2 spot.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Walton is one I hope they stash on the practice squad. I'd love to see what he could do at QB as well.... but, I suspect he makes the roster and Hill doesn't because of teams...
Reply/Quote
Did Walton not get injured in the game last night. We will put him on IR for the year with a mystery injury
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2018, 10:41 AM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: Did Walton not get injured in the game last night. We will put him on IR for the year with a mystery injury

Don't remember Walton getting injured, we lost a safety near the end of the game.....
Reply/Quote
I hope they put Walton on the PS, Hill and Carson are clearly better at this point. But I highly doubt they cut him !
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2018, 10:43 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Don't remember Walton getting injured, we lost a safety near the end of the game.....

Walton was indeed hurt last night.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2018, 10:43 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Don't remember Walton getting injured, we lost a safety near the end of the game.....

"Mark Walton is expected to be fine following his injury in the Bengals’ preseason finale. "
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2018, 10:06 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He’d be my odd man out if we keep 4.

Mixon
Gio
Carson
Hill

Maybe practice squad for Walton. Still scratching my head over that pick tbh.

Upside.  He has skills

I'm with you.  In fact I'd put Hill at the third spot.  I think he's a stud.

But it won't happen.   Hill will be waived and plucked by someone at some point before the season's over - like we did.

I'd rather risk Walton.   All three were facing common opposition last night.  They all did positive things, but the one that stood out to me was Hill
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2018, 11:05 AM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: "Mark Walton is expected to be fine following his injury in the Bengals’ preseason finale. "

Oh Drats,  I like it when we stash a player on IR to save them for a year.
Reply/Quote
Walton gave us 22 rushes for 19 yards in preseason. Hill..17/87. Carson 20/77. Stats won't matter though. I kind of understand that. They didn't draft Walton to cast him aside so quickly. It just won't happen. I'd be surprised.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2018, 09:00 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: He's not even the third best running back on the team. Tra Carson is.

Walton shouldn't be on the Roster you are Correct...

Tra Carson and Brain Hill should be the final 2 backs.  With flowers making the practice squad based on what they show'd this preseason.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2018, 09:06 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: He looked significantly better last night; found holes, ran hard.

he was completely ineffective all preseason.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2018, 12:36 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: he was completely ineffective all preseason.

Oh, not saying he should be on the team, but he looked much better last night; better than the numbers reflect too.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2018, 12:40 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Oh, not saying he should be on the team, but he looked much better last night; better than the numbers reflect too.

I think he has more long-term upside than either Carson or Hill. We have to remember the kid is only 21 years old, and doesnt turn 22 til next spring.

For the short-term though, he needs to sit this season behind Carson as backup and Hill too if they roll with 5.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Walton should be released. I don't care if he was a 4th round pick. The team needs to just own the mistake, and send him on his way. The guy can't even get it done versus backups and scrubs, why even waste any more time, energy and money on the guy. I respect him as a man, his story of what he's had to overcome in life is noteworthy. He just don't look like an NFL back to me.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote