Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Walton should be cut
I agree to certain point. Maybe send him to PS. Hill and Carson should fill out our RB roster. I have become a huge fan of Tre, guy is unstoppable! Something else to possibly consider, when Gio's contract up? (Before anyone gets riled up, I believe if we had 53 Gios on this team we would be unbeatable, nobody plays with as much heart and goes about it quietly)..
Reply/Quote
Something to consider is our offensive line couldn't open a can of Pepsi much less a running lane. That makes every back look terrible. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2018, 01:06 PM)grampahol Wrote: Something to consider is our offensive line couldn't open a can of Pepsi much less a running lane. That makes every back look terrible. 

^^^^^

Every running back would be cut if they used their numbers against the other team's first string DL and LB group during this preseason, and yes that includes Mixon who other than a catch and run TD could bot get yards running
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2018, 01:06 PM)grampahol Wrote: Something to consider is our offensive line couldn't open a can of Pepsi much less a running lane. That makes every back look terrible. 

the other backups where running with the same bad OLs he(Walton) was yesterday... as they rotated the backs in... with better production
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2018, 12:46 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I think he has more long-term upside than either Carson or Hill. We have to remember the kid is only 21 years old, and doesnt turn 22 til next spring.

For the short-term though, he needs to sit this season behind Carson as backup and Hill too if they roll with 5.

if everyone else has looked better how does he have more upside?
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2018, 10:43 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Don't remember Walton getting injured, we lost a safety near the end of the game.....

Walton had shoulder injury I believe
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2018, 01:18 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: if everyone else has looked better how does he have more upside?

I think he has a skill set that can evolve better in a couple of years than Carson or Hill. That doesnt mean he is better now though, as he should be playing his senior year at the U., especially after missing most of his junior season.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
This will be a good case to test to see if the team is really trying to change and let the best players play. Or is it still keep the drafted players becuase we can't admit the mistake. To me, he has to go to the PS.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2018, 01:44 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I think he has a skill set that can evolve better in a couple of years than Carson or Hill. That doesnt mean he is better now though, as he should be playing his senior year at the U., especially after missing most of his junior season.

sounds like the perfect canidate for a practice squad...

The announcers kept talking about what a steal he was  but then he did next to nothing... so stashing him shouldn't be an issue.
Reply/Quote
Walton is the best RB behind Mixon and Gio. Gio is in a contract year so Walton is his replacement. He'll end up being a pick we all love. I suspect they might keep 4 RB and keep Tra like they used to keep the Rev as a special team player and emergency backup. But really, Tra might be an above average backup but who really cares? They might not even keep FB or HB so that would make room as well.
Reply/Quote
A few things:
Walton’s best attribute is his receiving skills and we didn’t see many targets going his way. Secondly, he’s coming of ankle surgery less than a year ago, so he’s probably still not back to full strength in that ankle and he hadn’t played football since the first week of last October, got some rust to knock off. Lastly, he’s a rookie things are still going way too fast for him, just give him time for the game to slow down and you’ll see why his Miami teammates called him the best player on the team.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2018, 04:37 PM)yang Wrote: Walton is the best RB behind Mixon and Gio.  Gio is in a contract year so Walton is his replacement.  He'll end up being a pick we all love.  I suspect they might keep 4 RB and keep Tra  like they used to keep the Rev as a special team player and emergency backup.  But really, Tra might be an above average backup but who really cares?   They might not even keep FB or HB so that would make room as well.

Gio is signed through the end of next season, 2019. Maybe the Bengals drafted Walton as a just in case replacement for the 2020 season though, in case Gio wants to try his legs elsewhere come then.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Why not put Walton on the PS. Seems too early to give up on a 4th round.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote