Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wanna see Herbert's flaws?
Just watch tonight's game. For whatever reason, Arizona St. seems to be having Oregon's number, especially when they're playing in Tempe. Herbert, despite all of his physical tools, is pretty much doing his best Carson Palmer imitation. i.e. Just standing there and over and underthrowing receivers, staring guys down and telegraphing his moves.

They say that watching college stars in their worst games is about equal to seeing how they will react to life in the NFL. If that is true, perhaps Herbert, with all of his experience, isn't the guy that the Bengals should be looking at?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
You can see Marvin's name all over the Arizona State defense.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 12:09 AM)Synric Wrote: You can see Marvin's name all over the Arizona State defense.

It's funny that you say that.  The camera panned to Marvin feeding Herm advice on a 3rd down play, while ASU is on offense.  Next thing you know, it's 4th down.   LOL

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2019, 11:56 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Just watch tonight's game. For whatever reason, Arizona St. seems to be having Oregon's number, especially when they're playing in Tempe. Herbert, despite all of his physical tools, is pretty much doing his best Carson Palmer imitation. i.e. Just standing there and over and underthrowing receivers, staring guys down and telegraphing his moves.

They say that watching college stars in their worst games is about equal to seeing how they will react to life in the NFL. If that is true, perhaps Herbert, with all of his experience, isn't the guy that the Bengals should be looking at?

...I have said for months he is not the guy. You are seeing tonight what he is, a guy who locks on to his first read and when he’s under pressure he completely melts down.
Reply/Quote
If there was any doubt about the best QB this class, it has been cleared up tonight. The Bengals have two players to look at; Young and Burrow.
Reply/Quote
I saw Burrow underthrow receivers twice on long TDs tonight. Honestly I think Tua is a better passer, but he's a dinged up midget.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 12:25 AM)ElkValleyBengal Wrote: I saw Burrow underthrow receivers twice on long TDs tonight.

One of those under throws was after sliding through the pocket very very smoothly avoiding an arm sack while keeping his head up and eyes downfield and making a competitive throw.

Hi.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 12:21 AM)Au165 Wrote: ...I have said for months he is not the guy. You are seeing tonight what he is, a guy who locks on to his first read and when he’s under pressure he completely melts down.

Arizona is jumping the underneath throws, making tackles, and just completely disrupting the Oregon offense. 

Right now there is one quarterback in the 2020 draft class.

Reply/Quote

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Dang! And just like that, they coach him up a bit, and whammo a perfect TD drive. Almost like a taller, stronger arm AD.

Too bad he couldn't perform like that the entire game..

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 12:46 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Dang!  And just like that, they coach him up a bit, and whammo a perfect TD drive.  Almost like a taller, stronger arm AD.

Too bad he couldn't perform like that the entire game..

The corner and safety jumped the underneath routes on that TD less Herbert more defense mistake solid offensive play call.

Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 12:49 AM)Synric Wrote: The corner and safety jumped the underneath routes on that TD less Herbert more defense mistake solid offensive play call.

Right, any QB can make that. I’d rather talk about him throwing what should have been the game ending interception on this last drive. His decision making is so bad when his 1st receiver is covered.
Reply/Quote
This pretty much sums up Justin Herbert.

Also for anyone that cares... If the Bengals lose today I'm probably going to do a way to early roster shake up mock draft.

Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 01:20 PM)Synric Wrote: This pretty much sums up Justin Herbert.

Also for anyone that cares... If the Bengals lose today I'm probably going to do a way to early roster shake up mock draft.

I'd have to agree on Herbert.  He's very hot/cold, and I was astonished to see him just standing in the pocket when when of his better attributes is supposed to be good use of his feet.  Didn't reset his feet, didn't move around the pocket much, forced the ball for some ugly interceptions, continually stared down receivers and telegraphed his targets.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
If we go QB it has to be Burrow.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 01:39 PM)Big Boss Wrote: If we go QB it has to be Burrow.

Agreed. It’s Burrow or Young. QB is the bigger need, so Burrow makes sense but Young is the better player.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 01:20 PM)Synric Wrote: This pretty much sums up Justin Herbert.

This was his knock last year and why he went back to school. He is still the same guy, which tells me he will be the same guy in the NFL. 
Reply/Quote
I hope to see how Burrow does against Ohio State...
Reply/Quote
Draft Chase young then Jacob Eason. Eason could be a nfl stud if not we have opportunities in next years draft nab one of those qbs however chase young is not a miss and damn near a lock on a Joey bosa nick bosa level impact. We can’t miss again on a top ten pick let alone number 1 overal. Chase young has to be the pick.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 11:16 AM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Draft Chase young then Jacob Eason.  Eason could be a nfl stud if not we have opportunities in next years draft nab one of those qbs however chase young is not a miss and damn near a lock on a Joey boss nick boss level impact.  We can’t miss again on a top ten pick let alone number 1 overal.  Chase young has to be the pick.

Jacob Eason is an arm only. He is a statue that panics under pressure always going backwards instead of navigating the pocket. He has a big arm but is inaccurate sailing his intermediate passes regularly (10 to 19 yards). 

Jalen Hurts has the worst eyes in the draft he stares down his targets and when pressure comes he pulls his head and eyes down losing sight of the field (Sick of this after seeing Dalton do it for years). Hes a 1 read and run QB that doesnt make any of his checks it's all done on the sideline.

Tua Tagovailoa has had 3 major surgeries in 2 years. 

Jordan Love after a great 2018 season took a huge step back in 2019.

Jake Fromm loves to use touch outside the numbers but struggles trying to tread the needle in the middle of the field.

Anthony Gordon comes from that Mike Leach Air Raid which is designed to put up large QB numbers...but I like him in the 3rd round he might be the surprise QB of the draft.

Reply/Quote