Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Want to see more of dawson.
The argument is moving Dawson above Lamur in the depth chart and rotation. Lamur practices well but is awful in actual play. Dawson is the reverse. Well, I know which one I'd take...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2015, 07:43 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Yes he can.  In fact Dawson has played this year and he has not looked good at all.

From the amnount of hype Dawson gets around here you would think he was a first round pick.  The fact is that it is rare for 4th round picks to step in and be solid starters their rookie season.

Have to say I was wondering what happened after Vinnie Rey went down.   I saw Dawson in and then suddenly he was gone.

Staff (ours and his college staff) have said that he is instinctive but undisciplined.  Zim's defense (and by extension Guenther's) is strongly dependent on everyone being disciplined and not free lancing.  Our staff also said he has real problems shedding and tends to run around blockers, taking himself out of his gap.

My supposition was that he was in for one play and ran around a block and the pulled his butt out of there.

Apparently the difference between Dawson and Burfict is that Burfict was able and willing to discipline himself to the scheme.

It may be a while before we see Dawson on the field.  Old habits are hard to break... especially if you don't think rules apply to you.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2015, 02:02 PM)3wt Wrote: Have to say I was wondering what happened after Vinnie Rey went down.   I saw Dawson in and then suddenly he was gone.

Staff (ours and his college staff) have said that he is instinctive but undisciplined.  Zim's defense (and by extension Guenther's) is strongly dependent on everyone being disciplined and not free lancing.  Our staff also said he has real problems shedding and tends to run around blockers, taking himself out of his gap.

My supposition was that he was in for one play and ran around a block and the pulled his butt out of there.

Apparently the difference between Dawson and Burfict is that Burfict was able and willing to discipline himself to the scheme.

It may be a while before we see Dawson on the field.  Old habits are hard to break... especially if you don't think rules apply to you.

I'd tend to agree with this... My hope is when Tez comes back, Dawson can't pretend to be King Sh!t anymore. He's going to see a much better linebacker working his ass off on the details he may not think are important.
Reply/Quote