Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Was AJ Green even at the game today?
Didn’t see him on the sidelines and wasn’t mentioned on TV, or did I miss something? With all the trade rumors makes me wonder.
Reply/Quote
Probably put a bag on his head and was hiding out.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 03:34 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Probably put a bag on his head and was hiding out.

I bet ol' Mikey had Katie make it and then sold it to him.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
hopefully he's packing his bags for his trade to New England
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
Yeah he was. I saw him in the background of one of the shots they had of the Benagls sideline.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
He was there.
Tiger

2024 MOCK DRAFT (4 ROUND)

1ST ROUND-OT-JC LATHAM-ALABAMA
2ND ROUND-OG-COOPER BEEBE-KANSAS
3RD ROUND-DT-DEWAYNE CARTER-DUKE
3RD ROUND-WR-JACOB COWING-ARIZONA
4TH ROUND-CB-MIKE SAINRISTIL-MICHIGAN
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 08:33 AM)corpjet Wrote: hopefully he's packing his bags for his trade to New England

New Orleans....New England doesn’t need anymore help and I like Brees. Plus pick will still probably end up being higher although I’d be fine with them winning the super bowl especially if they had green.

And yes he was there, I believe I saw him on the sidelines
Reply/Quote
Please make the trade, send Billy price packing to....

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27785915/barnwell-10-nfl-trade-candidates-proposing-deals-make-sense
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
AJ wants to stay. I don't have a link to the article but he was recently interviewed and basically said he wants to model his career after Larry Fitzgerald. A guy who is respected because he puts his head down and works hard. He doesn't complain when his team is down. He doesn't blame anyone when things go wrong and he just gos out every game and gives everything he can regardless of the teams record.

AJ wants to be seen as Larry as is and he knows that can't happen if he gives up on the team that drafted him.

I'm not quoting exactly but that was the gist of it.
Reply/Quote
I expect AJ to be traded.Have to admit,it’ best for the team.His absence sort of makes you suspect there may be something to these trade rumors.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 03:58 PM)motoarch Wrote: AJ wants to stay. I don't have a link to the article but he was recently interviewed and basically said he wants to model his career after Larry Fitzgerald. A guy who is respected because he puts his head down and works hard. He doesn't complain when his team is down. He doesn't blame anyone when things go wrong and he just gos out every game and gives everything he can regardless of the teams record.

AJ wants to be seen as Larry as is and he knows that can't happen if he gives up on the team that drafted him.

Guy is pure class. For selfish reasons I’d love to see him retire in stripes.

Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 06:13 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Guy is pure class. For selfish reasons I’d love to see him retire in stripes.

...and I hope AJ Green stays in Cincinnati too but I don’t see it happening. In all seriousness he deserves to retire with at least one ring.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 03:58 PM)motoarch Wrote: AJ wants to stay.  I don't have a link to the article but he was recently interviewed and basically said he wants to model his career after Larry Fitzgerald.  A guy who is respected because he puts his head down and works hard.  He doesn't complain when his team is down.  He doesn't blame anyone when things go wrong and he just gos out every game and gives everything he can regardless of the teams record.

It's possible to play for more than one team without giving up on any of them.  It must be the owners spreading this narrative that a classy player will spend his entire career with the team that drafted him no matter how lazy they are. 

The NFL is a level playing field between teams and yet leaving the Bengals to play for the Patriots is almost viewed as cheating or taking the easy way out. That says everything.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 07:29 PM)Nately120 Wrote: It's possible to play for more than one team without giving up on any of them.  It must be the owners spreading this narrative that a classy player will spend his entire career with the team that drafted him no matter how lazy they are. 

The NFL is a level playing field between teams and yet leaving the Bengals to play for the Patriots is almost viewed as cheating or taking the easy way out.  That says everything.

I think the 'how' has a big part of that perception. Guys like Dillon and Pickens bash the organization to get out.

BUT, Mike Brown generally hangs onto these players with a tight grip...not allowing them to leave until they become disgruntled. That kind of creates the situation.

I feel like it's time to let AJ go while we can get more than a compensatory pick.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 07:39 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think the 'how' has a big part of that perception. Guys like Dillon and Pickens bash the organization to get out.

BUT, Mike Brown generally hangs onto these players with a tight grip...not allowing them to leave until they become disgruntled. That kind of creates the situation.

I feel like it's time to let AJ go while we can get more than a compensatory pick.

Loyalty is a two way street. If we want AJ here extend him, or trade him if we don't .  Right now we're just sitting around. 
Reply/Quote
Y'all should be ashamed for trying to get rid of Green. He deserves better.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 07:29 PM)Nately120 Wrote: It's possible to play for more than one team without giving up on any of them.  It must be the owners spreading this narrative that a classy player will spend his entire career with the team that drafted him no matter how lazy they are. 

The NFL is a level playing field between teams and yet leaving the Bengals to play for the Patriots is almost viewed as cheating or taking the easy way out.  That says everything.

His words not mine
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2019, 09:52 AM)motoarch Wrote: His words not mine

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply you were the one saying it.  It's just one of those things that applies to the general concept of fans.  At any rate, the second AJ says he wants to stay a Bengal they should have extended him.
Reply/Quote
Green is a class act. I would hate to see him leave.
Reply/Quote