Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Was Amelia Earhart Captured By The Japanese?
This site provides the theory that she was captured by the Japanese in 1937 on her trip around the world.

It might make sense that they captured her just two months before they invaded China and thought that she was an American spy.

This picture is after they were last heard from and looks a lot like Earhart:

[Image: 868a1341f143498fb90f28221fff206c_original.jpg]

Here's the entire article and it's an amazing theory:

Quote:NEW YORK (AP) -- The photo is haunting. Among a number of figures gathered on a dock, the fuzzy image seems to be that of a woman, her back to the camera, gazing at what may be her crippled aircraft loaded on a barge, and perhaps wondering what her future might hold.

Is this Amelia Earhart, the world-famous aviator, witnessed after her mysterious disappearance while attempting the first round-the-world flight 80 years ago this month?

That is the theory put forth in "Amelia Earhart: The Lost Evidence," a two-hour documentary airing Sunday at 9 p.m. EDT on the History channel. It uncovers records, including this newly revealed photograph that shows what may be a healthy Earhart along with her navigator Fred Noonan, after they were last heard from.

The film also argues that after the pair crash-landed in the Japanese-held Marshall Islands, they were picked up by the Japanese military and that Earhart, perhaps presumed to be a U.S. spy, was held prisoner.

And there's more: The United States government knew of her whereabouts and did nothing to rescue her, according to the film.

The disappearance of Earhart and Noonan on July 2, 1937, in the Western Pacific Ocean has gained legendary status among the age's unsolved mysteries.

By then she had already logged numerous aviation feats, including that of being the first woman to fly solo across the Atlantic Ocean in 1932. She reigned as an international hero.

And yet the U.S. government closed the book on its investigation just two weeks after her disappearance. Its vaguely worded findings were inconclusive.

Was there a cover-up? The film proposes there was.

The documentary is hosted by former FBI Executive Assistant Director Shawn Henry, whose fascination with the case is equaled by former U.S. Treasury Agent Les Kinney, who discovered the photo hidden and mislabeled in the U.S. National Archives.

In the documentary, that photo is subjected to facial-recognition and other forensic testing. It is judged authentic, and likely that of Earhart and Noonan.

The film also displays plane parts found in an uninhabited island of the Marshall Islands by Earhart investigator Dick Spink that are consistent with the aircraft that Earhart was flying on her round-the-world attempt. And it hears from the last living eyewitness who claims to have seen Earhart and Noonan after their crash.

The documentary tells of "a world-famous aviator who got caught up in an international dispute, was abandoned by her own government, and made the ultimate sacrifice," Henry sums up. "She may very well be the first casualty of World War II."

What do you think? I realize that it all wasn't as trackable with satellites and everything back then as it is today, but to just vanish like that seems almost impossible, so this theory makes sense to me.
Reply/Quote
Then a link from the same site shows this...

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/amelia-earhart-documentary-fake-claims-230243661.html

Seems like this was one of those money grabs posed as some sort of break through.
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2017, 01:14 PM)Au165 Wrote: Then a link from the same site shows this...

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/amelia-earhart-documentary-fake-claims-230243661.html

Seems like this was one of those money grabs posed as some sort of break through.

I didn't see anything too definitive in that link, either, though.

Maybe I'm just loving the suspense of it all.
Reply/Quote
If the special is solely on the History channel, you know damn well this is nothing but a big money grab by the tv producers.  As much as I'd like to find out the mystery too, I'm just not getting my hopes up.  This is what I call Fake News. 

[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/12/asia/amelia-earhart-photo-japan/index.html

annnnnnnd they did a whole show based on nothing haha. Some people found the picture in question in a coffee book from 1935 when Earhart was in the U.S. safe.
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2017, 09:54 AM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: If the special is solely on the History channel, you know damn well this is nothing but a big money grab by the tv producers.  As much as I'd like to find out the mystery too, I'm just not getting my hopes up.  This is what I call Fake News. 

Like shows that are searching for the Ark of the Covenant? Since I'm pretty sure I would have heard about the discovery of it, I'm confident I know how it's going to end.  The Oak Island one is the only one where I think there are few enough people involved that they may be able to keep a lid on it until the show airs.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
"Ultimately, historical accurateness is most important to us and our viewers."  History Channel

Riiight, then how do you explain Ancient Aliens?  What garbage this channel has become. Its turned into the next MTV.  They used to have music videos on it, now its just garbage. The History channel used to have this thing called History on it, not its nothing but fake news.  Its the dumbing down of America.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(07-12-2017, 12:42 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: The History channel used to have this thing called History on it, not its nothing but fake news.  Its the dumbing down of America.

And the Weather channel shows dubious fictional disaster shows.

But I don't think anyone is "dumbing down" America...most people seem to do that pretty well all on their own.
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply/Quote