Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Was It a Blitz?
I will go on Game Pass and watch this play myself later today, but the play, concerning the OL, that was most distrubing, was when Dalton didn't even have time to make the hand off before a defensive player slapped the ball loose.

Was that a lineman or a blitzing LB?
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 09:57 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I will go on Game Pass and watch this play myself later today, but the play, concerning the OL, that was most distrubing, was when Dalton didn't even have time to make the hand off before a defensive player slapped the ball loose.

Are you talking about the speed option to the weak side on 3rd and short?
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 09:57 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I will go on Game Pass and watch this play myself later today, but the play, concerning the OL, that was most distrubing, was when Dalton didn't even have time to make the hand off before a defensive player slapped the ball loose.

It was Alan Branch, a DE
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 10:09 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: It was Alan Branch, a DE

That was inexcusable. Embarrassing.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 10:46 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: That was inexcusable. Embarrassing.

I'm not sure how much work Fisher has had at left guard prior to this game, but he wasn't pretty at it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 09:59 AM)Au165 Wrote: Are you talking about the speed option to the weak side on 3rd and short?

Yes, that's the one that he's talking about.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 12:34 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Yes, that's the one that he's talking about.

Speed options are dumb in the nfl in general. You leave one man unblocked and hope your QB can suck him in and flip it before he gets hit. While the guy on this one who came through wasn't the guy who was supposed to be unblocked this is more bad play calling by Zampese. I just don't understand what his play calling is trying to accomplish.
Reply/Quote