Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Was Joe Burrow Bungalized against the Steelers?
You guys are all missing the point. Burrow is being Andrew Lucked... You can't take the amount of abuse he has the last 3 years and it not take a toll.. That's 1 way he's being Bungalized, if he is. Shitty coaching, and an even worse Oline..
Reply/Quote
I’d be more concerned if he didn’t take it hard.

He was really bad yesterday and still should have won the game.

Only the Bengals lose because of a backup long-snapper. And although I put nothing past this franchise, I doubt that will happen again.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 10:07 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: After the SB run, if the Bengals thought they could just show up and win...that notion is gone.

This loss is good in that sense. I'd rather have it happen now, than against the Bills in the playoffs.

There is no way in hell anyone in the organization actually thought that..
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 12:38 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I’d be more concerned if he didn’t take it hard.

He was really bad yesterday and still should have won the game.

Only the Bengals lose because of a backup long-snapper. And although I put nothing past this franchise, I doubt that will happen again.

The team that always finds new ways to let you down..
Reply/Quote
I'm only going to say this once. Tony, a fan of the Cincinnati Bengals does not use in any form the word bungle
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 12:47 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I'm only going to say this once. Tony, a fan of the Cincinnati Bengals does not use in any form the word bungle

Ya but it's a term we are familiar with when this organization is known for destroying players. Kinda like they did with Klingler and a ton of others..
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 11:51 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Well, I wouldn't tell people to hit the panic button, but we are in the AFC and lost to an AFC opponent.  Aaron Rodgers has played his entire career in a division with the Bears, the Lions, and the Vikings...the Packers have won that division even in years where he himself missed almost half the season.

If Rodgers took that rumored trade to the Broncos and laid an egg in week 1 in the AFC and in the AFC West no less, I bet there would be far less reason to R E L A X.  Much like Patriots-era Brady, he's good no doubt, but he's also in a spot where he has a lot more leeway than we do.  Tough luck for us, I guess.

BUt yes, Burrow will be much better and we're in a bit of a good spot since the Steelers are in flux and already lost Watt and Harris, the Browns can scrape by but will be playing a backup and a rusty sex offender who has to get rubbed down by dudes all year at QB, and the Ravens...well, we need to beat them to play it safe.  I guess we picked a better than usual year to lay an egg in week one, right?

They got blown out by the Saints last year opening weekend, that was an NFC loss (Not divisional but hurt their seeding), so it was a big deal. 

The point really is that QB's are going to lay an egg at some point in the year. I prefer it comes week 1 than week 11 because one is a comfort thing while the other is usually because of other more serious factors. Heck the difference between how he played the 2nd half vs the 1st should be reassuring in itself. 
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 01:39 PM)Au165 Wrote: They got blown out by the Saints last year opening weekend, that was an NFC loss (Not divisional but hurt their seeding), so it was a big deal. 

The point really is that QB's are going to lay an egg at some point in the year. I prefer it comes week 1 than week 11 because one is a comfort thing while the other is usually because of other more serious factors. Heck the difference between how he played the 2nd half vs the 1st should be reassuring in itself. 

I agree QBs are going to lay eggs, I"m just saying that Aaron Rodgers has a pretty cake walk to the division title, as evidenced by his ability to make the playoffs after phoning it in and/or missing games.  He's in a division with three franchises that have been mostly crap his entire life. Same way you could set your watch by people getting giddy when Brady and the Patriots were "DONE" because they went into Miami and lost. Fast forward and they are the only team in the division with more than 6 wins. Crisis averted.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 01:56 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I agree QBs are going to lay eggs, I"m just saying that Aaron Rodgers has a pretty cake walk to the division title, as evidenced by his ability to make the playoffs after phoning it in and/or missing games.  He's in a division with three franchises that have been mostly crap his entire life.

They were the NFC 1 seed that year and even lost a game to the Vikings in the regular season. Cake walk division or not they are playing for bye's not division titles so the failure in terms of expectations was not minimal. Had Burrow not missed most of camp this would have registered more for me but he kind of a traumatic instance like a month ago almost dying and all so I'll give him a break. The things he did poorly were things we know he usually does great so that's comforting to know this was more outlier than normal.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 02:00 PM)Au165 Wrote: They were the NFC 1 seed that year and even lost a game to the Vikings in the regular season. Cake walk division or not they are playing for bye's not division titles so the failure in terms of expectations was not minimal. Had Burrow not missed most of camp this would have registered more for me but he kind of a traumatic instance like a month ago almost dying and all so I'll give him a break. The things he did poorly were things we know he usually does great so that's comforting to know this was more outlier than normal.

I'm giving Burrow a break, I'm just saying Rodgers has a lot more reason to R-E-L-A-X than most QBs.  The season is young, but the AFC is a murderer's row of teams and QBs.  Rodgers has to go through Kirk Cousins and two jobbers to win that division and then the playoffs comes down to him versus Matt Stafford or a 45 year old Tom Brady, but he'll probably lose to the 49ers yet again, hardy har.

If Rodgers were trying to keep up with the AFC this year he could shove that relax up his arse.  With that being said, if we were in the NFC North I'd spot Burrow an 0-3 start before I started to worry about Rich Man's Andy Dalton and the Vikings. 
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 12:47 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I'm only going to say this once. Tony, a fan of the Cincinnati Bengals does not use in any form the word bungle

Thank you!

We beat the Steelers.  We know it.  They know it.  We had a bad game, and still beat them.

Zak shouldn't have had to even think about throwing the challenge flag on Chase's TD.  Refs blew that one.  How that wasn't reviewed by the refs is beyond me. Where Taylor screwed up is not throwing the challenge flag.  I heard his presser...he was too far away....not in position to see it.....blah, blah!  That's why you have the guys up in the booth.  If they were too afraid to tell him to throw the red flag on what was a clear TD, they need to be replaced, immediately.

Joe B always puts on the brave face.  He did suck.  But, he's a winner.  He pulled it out for the team.  Will give him credit, he won't make excuses.  But, he could have used another week to heal.  I'm sure he didn't want to.  But, should have been made to.  We could have beat the Steelers without him.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 11:27 AM)Au165 Wrote: Aaron Rodgers has laid eggs in the last two opening day games including his MVP year.

We all need to R-E-L-A-X.

Nah we're going to overreact after this one performance. 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 11:20 AM)Graphicguy Wrote: First….Please don’t use the term “BUNGLIZED”.  Hated it when other fans used the term “BUNGLE (anything)”.  Hate it even more when BENGALS fans say it.

Pistons…agree that the idea of resting your starters with no pre-season game experiences is now going to be a thing of the past.  I get what Taylor was doing….keeping the starters from getting hurt, but especially the OL needed to work together in a game to gel.

That’s behind us.

Still, we had the game won, more than once.  Burrow is full of GRIT and DETERMINATION.  Bad game?  Who cares.  Let’s go win it anyway.

Plus, it will be more fun to crush the Steelers in their house later on.

Embarrassing to use the word "bungle" as a supposed fan. 
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 05:02 PM)WhoDey Wrote: Embarrassing to use the word "bungle" as a supposed fan. 

I mean the organization has a tendency to bungalize players. There is a past.. I'll just say **** them up from now on. Y'all are weak AF
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 05:04 PM)Tony Wrote: I mean the organization has a tendency to bungalize players. There is a past.. I'll just say **** them up from now on. Y'all are weak AF

Says the guy who thinks a players career was destroyed because of 1 bad game after playing in the superbowl last year. 
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 11:51 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Well, I wouldn't tell people to hit the panic button, but we are in the AFC and lost to an AFC opponent.  Aaron Rodgers has played his entire career in a division with the Bears, the Lions, and the Vikings...the Packers have won that division even in years where he himself missed almost half the season.

If Rodgers took that rumored trade to the Broncos and laid an egg in week 1 in the AFC and in the AFC West no less, I bet there would be far less reason to R E L A X.  Much like Patriots-era Brady, he's good no doubt, but he's also in a spot where he has a lot more leeway than we do.  Tough luck for us, I guess.

BUt yes, Burrow will be much better and we're in a bit of a good spot since the Steelers are in flux and already lost Watt and Harris, the Browns can scrape by but will be playing a backup and a rusty sex offender who has to get rubbed down by dudes all year at QB, and the Ravens...well, we need to beat them to play it safe.  I guess we picked a better than usual year to lay an egg in week one, right?

Well they could be saying things about us too , like oline still bad, Burrow is a sack machine, 0-1 in division is never a good start...
Reply/Quote
The term you used shows your true colors.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 05:12 PM)TheFan Wrote: Says the guy who thinks a players career was destroyed because of 1 bad game after playing in the superbowl last year. 

1 game? Dude has been getting destroyed for 3 years.. How many times has he been injured and banged up? You can't take that type of abuse and it not take a toll.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 09:15 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: The term you used shows your true colors.

I been here since 1988, and watched every game. Even the shitty 90s..
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 09:23 PM)Tony Wrote: 1 game? Dude has been getting destroyed for 3 years.. How many times has he been injured and banged up? You can't take that type of abuse and it not take a toll.

He could have a similar career to Wilson or Ben just as easily as him turning into Luck. Burrow doesn’t snowboard as far as I know, so that’s a start. Ninja

Reply/Quote