Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Was OPI on AJ legit?
I wasn't able to watch the game, so I had to follow the play-by-play text on phone.
I just need to know... was the OPI on AJ legit, or do I need to start ignoring the NFL, again?
Reply/Quote
Unfortunetly it was.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
It wasn't explicit, but it was there.
Reply/Quote
It was legit. Heart breaking series of events there at the end.
Reply/Quote
Yeah good call Green pushed off wouldn’t score if he didn’t , he was pinned up against the sideline.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 08:36 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Unfortunetly it was.

OK, thanks!
Reply/Quote
It was legit, but they allowed Williams (Chargers) to do it a ton this game and get away from it. It's whatever. I'm not surprised how this game ended. The offense looked bad all game and Taylor looks way over his head, just like last season.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It was ticky tacky in my opinion but I can understand the call. There is always some hand fighting so I didn’t think it was that bad. If it happened against us with no call I don’t think I’d be screaming for a PI...
Reply/Quote
People are not mad because he pushed off... People are mad because williams pushed off all game not 1 called...

Sent from my BV9600 using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Depends on what team you play for.

But yeah, by the rule it was legit.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
The charger defender had an Oscar worthy reaction to it right when it happened and that helped seal the flag.
Reply/Quote
Seemed legit...plus it's hard to go down the "the fix is on!" rabbit hole when it's the LA Chargers on the other side of the call.
Reply/Quote
No

Only because the Chargers didn’t get Called for it all game
Reply/Quote
As others have said, it was the right call, the issue with the call is that they allowed OPI all game long, and then wait till it matters most to make the call.

But, you can't allow a team to linger around and toss INT's and give up fumbles then blame a call for the loss. That game should have been put away long before that call.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 08:38 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: It was ticky tacky in my opinion but I can understand the call. There is always some hand fighting so I didn’t think it was that bad. If it happened against us with no call I don’t think I’d be screaming for a PI...

Everyone should see how Hayward was grabbing onto AJ there as well; he doesn't do that, there's no push. Should've been a no-call, despite the push-off, as a result.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
It was legit, but that is the only time the legit call was made in the entire game.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 08:50 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: As others have said, it was the right call, the issue with the call is that they allowed OPI all game long, and then wait till it matters most to make the call.

But, you can't allow a team to linger around and toss INT's and give up fumbles then blame a call for the loss. That game should have been put away long before that call.

This ^^^
Reply/Quote
I hate refs that insert them into the outcomes of games when they make calls that normally aren't as scrutinized.

It's just like basketball. You go all game with ticky tack fouls not being called, and then they decide at the very last minute to go by the book.

It's bs. Call the game consistently.
Reply/Quote
It was a ticky-tack call but AJ did push off. Chargers DB saw the ref right there and flopped like a motherhuncher! Ref didn't throw the flag until after the flop.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 08:57 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I hate refs that insert them into the outcomes of games when they make calls that normally aren't as scrutinized.

It's just like basketball.  You go all game with ticky tack fouls not being called, and then they decide at the very last minute to go by the book.

It's bs.  Call the game consistently.

I think you meant season.

That's what drives me nuts about sports, and not just the NFL.

You see it all the time, where things aren't called the same from one game to the next, and then come post season it's completely different.

How many championship games have you seen, from any sport, where the announcers make a comment like "The officials are letting them play tough today" or something similar.  Basically admitting that they aren't using the same standard that everyone else had to play by.
Reply/Quote