Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Was OPI on AJ legit?
Ticky Tack at best.

Unfortunately, the Bengals will never get calls that close...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
just a lousy ticytack call, even said by the NFL NETWORK BOBBLE HEADS!

Reply/Quote
It was very ticky tacky with the game on the line. Like others have said.. 81 on San Diego pushed off all day. I'm not really fuming about it because I think the DB sold it real good(I don't even think he meant to, I think he was thinking he was gonna have to flip directions). Oh well, there's always next week.
Reply/Quote
Randy can’t miss that kick and his fake ass injury drama after made me more mad
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
hayword played the part of getting hacked really well. I guess thats a penalty. Pretty lame one if you ask me.
Reply/Quote
Oscar-worthy performance by the DB. I'm not sure AJ needed to do what he did to get open and score. He did extend his arms and the refs will call that on the Bengals. They won't on many other teams. Basically though, it's not the most egregious call. Tomorrow I will be more diplomatic and say it wasn't a bad call.
Reply/Quote
Can't get the full arm extension on the push off. It was a penalty.

If the opposing team's WR did that to a Bengals CB to get a game winning TD with seconds left, and they didn't call it, this forum would be on fire with outrage.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 09:46 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Can't get the full arm extension on the push off. It was a penalty.

If the opposing team's WR did that to a Bengals CB to get a game winning TD with seconds left, and they didn't call it, this forum would be on fire with outrage.

We all know they wouldn't call that on JuJu Smith-Schuster and any receiver catching a ball from Tom Brady. 
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 09:52 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: We all know they wouldn't call that on JuJu Smith-Schuster and any receiver catching a ball from Tom Brady. 

Exactly. I saw what green did, and it reminded me of antonio brown getting away with that constantly
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 08:40 PM)ah5 Wrote: People are not mad because he pushed off... People are mad because williams pushed off all game not 1 called...

Sent from my BV9600 using Tapatalk

You can't push off when they leave you open in a zone.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Kudos for most people on this thread being objective and level-headed. I'm going to go the other direction - there's no way that's called on Pittsburgh.

I'll also disagree that the Bengals let the Chargers hang around. LAC had close to 150 more yards until that last drive. The offense looked like the early 2019 version in the first half. Throw in being -2 in turnovers and I thought the Bengals were fortunate to have a chance to win on that last dri
Reply/Quote
Was it legit? Yes. Has it been evenly applied in the league and even in this game? No. AJ probably could have done a spin, with his elbow out, and still got enough separation and made the catch, but that's not what happened.
Reply/Quote
Yes
Reply/Quote
I think the best way to say it - it may have been a legit penalty, but the way that the game was called for the first 59:47, it was out of character for the officials to call it.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 08:34 PM)Tomkat Wrote: I wasn't able to watch the game, so I had to follow the play-by-play text on phone.
I just need to know... was the OPI on AJ legit, or do I need to start ignoring the NFL, again?

It was legit and it could have been called on Mike Williams a couple times earlier in the game but wasn't. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
As much as I hated it and the timing of it it was legit IMO and didn't help the way the DB sold it. DB doesn't sell, it may go uncalled. I had much bigger issue though with us not getting any calls for Chargers laying on top of our guys after catches to run clock knowing we were out of timeouts. Happened on 2-3 plays as Burrow was driving them. Laying on guys trying to get up quickly to run back to run another play. 15 yard penalty plus possibly adding a few ticks back on the clock may have made the difference with Burrow having enough time for couple more end zone plays and avoid the need for the FG. He was hot and I think would have found someone for the TD on that drive with a tiny bit of extra time.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 08:36 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Unfortunetly it was.

I don't think it was.

AJ was trying to free himself from the grip the DB had on him.  That was 1000% no call, TD, Bengals win.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
No
Reply/Quote
No considering Officials never batted an eye at mike Williams for doing same thing all game
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 07:59 AM)Kaiden.Gower Wrote: No considering Officials never batted an eye at mike Williams for doing same thing all game

Two different issues. It was a legit call. They did not call it for most of the game against Williams. Both are correct.
Reply/Quote