Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Was There A Fine?
(12-26-2021, 12:30 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: If you've ever watched more than that game, you will see many instances of plays just like that, where a player is going to the ground and they have to check replay to see if someone had touched them on the way down. 

Kareem was pulling the ball away from Lock and his momentum took him straight to the ground, not to the ground after a step or two. He doesn't have to forcefully "tackle" him for him to be down. He just has to be in contact as Kareem is going down. Which he was.

If the call was made against the Bengals in that exact same scenario, i'd say he was down by contact and that team should retain the ball. I've seen plays like that hundreds of times. 

He was clearly, without even the smallest chance otherwise, down right where he hit the ground the first time. 

Also, Dalvin Cook should have been down by contact in the opener. It was highly questionable that the ball was out of his control before he hit the ground and the SF WR that caught a pass over the middle did not fumble because he never had possession with 2 feet clearly down before the ball was knocked loose. 

Well if that's the rule, he was down... And I agree. Cook didn't fumble that ball in the opener, but I'll take it.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 12:43 PM)jason Wrote: Well if that's the rule, he was down... And I agree. Cook didn't fumble that ball in the opener, but I'll take it.

You can't prove that without a doubt. Cool

Which is why we got to keep the ball!ThumbsUp
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 12:48 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: You can't prove that without a doubt. Cool

Which is why we got to keep the ball!ThumbsUp

My lyin' eyes strike again.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 12:49 PM)jason Wrote: My lyin' eyes strike again.

You can't hide 'em
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote