Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Was it just me????
2nd and 17 one play before dalton's first int,was it just me or was that really a catch by a.j green right before going out of bounds???
Why didn't we challenge this play??To me this makes the ensuing third down call much more manageable and at the very least maybe we don't turn the ball over right there,anyways that entire sequence just confused me....
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 08:29 PM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: 2nd and 17 one play before dalton's first int,was it just me or was that really a catch by a.j green right before going out of bounds???
Why didn't we challenge this play??To me this makes the ensuing third down call much more manageable and at the very least maybe we don't turn the ball over right there,anyways that entire sequence just confused me....

Looked like a catch, but if you challenge again...even if you're successful, you only get 1 more the rest of the game. If it's questionable and doesn't get overturned, you're out of challenges.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
True...didn't realize we were just successful on a challenge with a.js other catch...
Reply/Quote
I don't believe you can call challenges on back to back plays. That was my rationalization. Couldn't challenge even if we wanted to.
Reply/Quote
If I had to guess AJ bobbled the ball as he was going out of bounds. I didnt see anyone on the Bengals upset about it
Reply/Quote
It looked like when he was getting up, the ball was at his waist and on the ground. It looked like he completed the the”process” of the catch. As he was getting up the ref signaled incomplete. Even walking back to the huddle he had his hands up like wtf?
Reply/Quote
Just watched it again it was a clear catch even a.j looked confused as i was,the announcers didn't even realize it was ruled incomplete...
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 08:34 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Looked like a catch, but if you challenge again...even if you're successful, you only get 1 more the rest of the game. If it's questionable and doesn't get overturned, you're out of challenges.
you still challenge. period. dumb not to
Reply/Quote
Yea that play was WTF. He took like 5 steps before he went out of bounds with the ball. Those refs were pretty crappy today with the missed and incorrect calls.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 07:21 AM)treee Wrote: Yea that play was WTF. He took like 5 steps before he went out of bounds with the ball. Those refs were pretty crappy today with the missed and incorrect calls.

Wasn't it John parry's crew? 

We lost this game before it even started  Whatever
Reply/Quote
I was telling my dad they forgot to mark the yardage for the catch? I was like "he made it past the original LOS, not the current LOS...it was an 8 yard catch".

Didn't even see them call it incomplete. And that is typical NFL for Bengals...call it incomplete, make the Bengals challenge it to overturn, not the other way around.
Reply/Quote
The ref was signaling out of bounds, Green had the wtf look but the announcers didn't say anything. I thought it was a catch but I also though his TD was too so.
Reply/Quote
I wish marvin would've challenged that call,I think that particular sequence changed momentum because that int the next play was a forced throw...
Reply/Quote
Well, I still don't understand why AJ's catch wasn't good along the sideline and I didn't see on TV why it went back to 3rd and 17.

Anyone can explain me what happened there ?

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
Yeah, I was going crazy over this. Don't know how that call was missed, and the announcers were talking about everything other than what was happening on the field. Gotta wonder why Marvin didn't challenge? I know he had just used one, but he was successful on that challenge. 3rd and 9 obviously a lot more doable than 3rd and 17.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 08:35 AM)TKUHL Wrote: The ref was signaling out of bounds, Green had the wtf look but the announcers didn't say anything. I thought it was a catch but I also though his TD was too so.

He clearly dropped the TD catch. He caught the one on the sidelines though.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 07:13 AM)bengaltruth Wrote: you still challenge. period. dumb not to

You challenge. At the time, without hindsight, i said..."nah, 8 yards isn't worth it at this point in the game".

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote