Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Was tanking part of the plan?
(10-25-2019, 02:54 AM)Andy2AJ Wrote: Lol, a better question would be this ‘plan’ you speak of? It hasn’t taken effect in 30 years, I don’t see it happening now

The plan is to make money
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2019, 02:48 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: If the Bengals were truly tanking then they would be trading assets right now.

So, no. This team isnt tanking.

well at least if they were planning to tank... right now they are tanking though  (just not on purpose which is worse)
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2019, 11:00 AM)ochocincos Wrote: 4 of the OL starters were not starting on the Bengals last year. Now, the C is actually performing better this year than last but the rest are worse. Hart is even worse this year too compared to last. The biggest change is going from Pollack to Turner. Part of it is also how the RBs are being used. Lazor did a decent job of calling plays to utilize the RBs to get them effective. Taylor's playcalling seems to be to put Mixon in when running and Bernard in when passing overall.

Thank you! I keep hearing that it’s basically the same line. It’s not even close. Bobby Hart is the only guy in the same position and he’s still terrible. Last week it was similar because Redmen came back but it’s even worse than last year.
Reply/Quote
Tanking? On purpose? Cincinnati? Of course that’s a possibility but usually when an NFL team deliberately tanks they tank for a reason. Everyone remembers the Colts during their “suck for Luck” season but for whom are the 2019 Cincinnati Bengals tanking? I fully understand Tua Tagovailoa just became more attractive to Mike Brown because he’s injured and big name injured players are Mikey Boy’s thing because it brings gullible fans to the stadium and injured college players get paid less in the NFL. Basically Tua Tagovailoa would be drafted and essentially “red shirted” while he gets well and goes through rehab. Also, should Tua — or Jonah Williams — be a bust, the Bengals can hide behind the injury excuse.

Tanking just to tank isn’t the way to get butts in seats. It’s no way to win either but I’ve given up on the Front Office with respect to winning. Look at the coaching staff they hired; these guys should be issued restraining orders keeping them as far from any NFL stadium as possible. The only — ONLY — coordinator who improved his part of the team is the bottom of the barrel selection for defensive coordinator: Lou Anarumo. The 2019 defense still allows way too many yards but they allow far less points than the 2018 defense. Lou isn’t the long term answer but at least the part of the team he touched got better, not worse.

Tanking for no reason? Welcome to Cincinnati.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2019, 02:48 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: If the Bengals were truly tanking then they would be trading assets right now.

So, no. This team isnt tanking.

I agree. What is sad about it though is there is probably a 50/50 chance we get beat by the Dolphins who are deliberately tanking.
Reply/Quote
As far as we can tell, they are trying to win and coming up short every time.
Reply/Quote