Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Was the play where Apple got faded by Kupp in the 4th a bad play by Apple?
(06-12-2022, 07:06 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: But Hopkins can't assume that Donald is going to beat Spain that quick and simply run over there after the snap, leaving the middle wide open. 

Eh I don't necessarily agree with that take. If you're gonna assume anyone is going to beat a team mate that quickly, you assume it's gonna be Donald.
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2022, 11:23 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Eh I don't necessarily agree with that take. If you're gonna assume anyone is going to beat a team mate that quickly, you assume it's gonna be Donald.

It's also important to note that it is very easy to criticize using screenshots. Donald beat Spain in less than two seconds. In that span of <2 seconds, Hopkins checked for any incoming rushers and turned around to try to get to Donald. Short of Hopkins snapping the ball and just abandoning post, he wasn't going to get there. Spain was just beaten too quickly. 
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2022, 11:38 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: It's also important to note that it is very easy to criticize using screenshots. Donald beat Spain in less than two seconds. In that span of <2 seconds, Hopkins checked for any incoming rushers and turned around to try to get to Donald. Short of Hopkins snapping the ball and just abandoning post, he wasn't going to get there. Spain was just beaten too quickly. 

Yep

Hopkins would have had to just crash immediately to that position.

But it's not just that one play that beat us.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
People stick to 1 or 2 plays but in reality the Bengals had 8 drives that ended in a punt or on downs. They scored on 4 drives 2 of them were a 1 play 75 yard TD and a field goal off an interception...So really the Bengals struggled to move the ball most of the game.

The Bengals were an inconsistent offense most of the year.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(06-13-2022, 11:44 AM)Synric Wrote: People stick to 1 or 2 plays but in reality the Bengals had 8 drives that ended in a punt or on downs. They scored on 4 drives 2 of them were a 1 play 75 yard TD and a field goal off an interception...So really the Bengals struggled to move the ball most of the game.

The Bengals were an inconsistent offense most of the year.

Bingo
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2022, 11:23 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Eh I don't necessarily agree with that take. If you're gonna assume anyone is going to beat a team mate that quickly, you assume it's gonna be Donald.

The speed in which Donald beat Spain was what made the play. From the beginning, each guy has an assignment and they have to assume that the guy next to them is going to do their job. 

It's easy to look at it with hindsight, but in real time, it was simply a fantastic play by AD. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2022, 11:38 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: It's also important to note that it is very easy to criticize using screenshots. Donald beat Spain in less than two seconds. In that span of <2 seconds, Hopkins checked for any incoming rushers and turned around to try to get to Donald. Short of Hopkins snapping the ball and just abandoning post, he wasn't going to get there. Spain was just beaten too quickly. 

Yep. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote