Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Treadwell for Ross
(08-16-2019, 10:48 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Is Malone really playing better than Ross though?
Malone has been in the league as long as Ross has and only has 75 yards and 1 TD in regular season games.
And if you're referring to these two preseason games thus far, Malone is actually getting outshined by Tate, Willis, and Morgan. Malone only has 3 receptions for 36 yards in the preseason thus far.
If Andy doesn't under throw Malone on that TD bom he would unquestionably have the best preseason out of all the WRs. I think people are being to harsh on him right now. 
Also getting rid off Ross would be fullish at this point . Dude is a good role player for this team.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2019, 01:28 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: If Andy doesn't under throw Malone on that TD bom he would unquestionably have the best preseason out of all the WRs. I think people are being to harsh on him right now. 
Also getting rid off Ross would be fullish at this point . Dude is a good role player for this team.

Unquestionably? Idk about all that. Damion Willis had a really good game 2. With 5 rec for 59 yds. And Auden Tate has had some big catches, including a TD.

Malone only has 3 rec in 2 games, and had a drop. Plus he’s probably played more that any other WR.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
We already have one failed WR from Ole Miss.
The current pass happy offenses are putting up numbers not seen before.
But at the same time WRs coming out of college.aren't being coached up
To play that position proficently.
They run 3 or 4 routes out of the route tree.
That's all they need in the college air raid game.
Treadwell game simply hasn't expanded.
The college game came easy for him.
Now that defensive backs are faster smarter at this level
He's been locked down.
Pass on him
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2019, 01:28 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: If Andy doesn't under throw Malone on that TD bom he would unquestionably have the best preseason out of all the WRs. I think people are being to harsh on him right now. 

Malone has the same "problem" Ross has. Both guys can get deep but neither is good at coming back and high-pointing the ball when Dalton underthrows it. Malone should be a bit more criticized than Ross for not doing this given their size difference (6'3" vs 5'11").

I think ultimately Zampese tried to add a dimension to the offense when he was OC that doesn't cater to Dalton well, and thus we saw the drafting of Ross and Malone but neither have done much outside of Ross in the Red Zone.

I think receivers like Boyd fit better to Dalton's skill set than those like Ross, Malone, and Core. AJ is special because he can pretty much do it all.
Stanley Morgan and Auden Tate fit well and even Damion Willis. Damion Willis is decently fast but he also knows how to fully extend and high-point the ball.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-17-2019, 03:02 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Unquestionably? Idk about all that. Damion Willis had a really good game 2. With 5 rec for 59 yds. And Auden Tate has had some big catches, including a TD.

Malone only has 3 rec in 2 games, and had a drop. Plus he’s probably played more that any other WR.
If Dalton doesn't miss that pass he has a 40 yard TD reception on his resume. 
(08-17-2019, 10:44 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Malone has the same "problem" Ross has. Both guys can get deep but neither is good at coming back and high-pointing the ball when Dalton underthrows it. Malone should be a bit more criticized than Ross for not doing this given their size difference (6'3" vs 5'11").

I think ultimately Zampese tried to add a dimension to the offense when he was OC that doesn't cater to Dalton well, and thus we saw the drafting of Ross and Malone but neither have done much outside of Ross in the Red Zone.

I think receivers like Boyd fit better to Dalton's skill set than those like Ross, Malone, and Core. AJ is special because he can pretty much do it all.
Stanley Morgan and Auden Tate fit well and even Damion Willis. Damion Willis is decently fast but he also knows how to fully extend and high-point the ball.
I don't think necessarily think that's true. I think it has more to do that neither has had the playing time to develop chemistry with Dalton. Also I will give you two examples where both players made nice plays on the ball.
Ross his TD against Baltimore last season and Malone his TD against the Colts in 17.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2019, 12:45 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: If Dalton doesn't miss that pass he has a 40 yard TD reception on his resume. 
I don't think necessarily think that's true. I think it has more to do that neither has had the playing time to develop chemistry with Dalton. Also I will give you two examples where both players made nice plays on the ball.
Ross his TD against Baltimore last season and Malone his TD against the Colts in 17.

What I'm very specifically meaning when I say neither Ross and Malone do well is "climbing the ladder" to high-point the ball, and I think when Dalton tries to throw the ball very deep (e.g. like 50 yards downfield) he lofts it and it often requires a WR to come back to the ball and have to "climb the ladder" to get it.

In the case of Ross's TD catch, he didn't go up and get it. He caught on his upper-right shoulder on a 22-yard pass.

In the case of the Malone TD catch, he went down to his knees to catch a pass in the end zone on a 25-yard pass.

I just watched those specific TDs on YouTube to confirm that's what happened.

Dalton doesn't usually loft passes under 30 yards. I have noticed him lofting passes that are (much) deeper than that, like the one that was very underthrown to Josh Malone in the first preseason game that was (I believe) ~50-60 yards.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Well...  I suppose so, since they never really got around to using it and they just have clothes hanging from it in the "junk room".

It would be useful and in super-sweet mint condition.

[Image: th?id=OIP.gBvcEyHuU2bqcA6sfo8wSgHaJs&pid...=300&h=300]

So I say YES!
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote