Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wash PS game
Maybe it was Skin OL issues, but I saw our run defense stuffing plays all night. Peterson ripped off a big one early, but overall of DL controlled the LOS for a change and Pratt showed up in both run and pass defense. He impressed me tonight. Have you seen his build? He reminds me of Takeo Spikes size wise.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 12:11 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: A bit of both I'd say.

Like I said in the gameday thread. We started off awful but all things considered we recovered well. I felt we took some strides in the right direction after that putrid start.

Have to get those penalties under control ! But to be fair there's always a ton of them in preseason and I thought a couple holding calls were on the weak side.

That presnap stuff has to go though !

I think a lot of what's going on right now is weeding guys out.   Probably get a better idea how it's shaking out next week.  Even if the execution isn't perfect, there's a lot to like about Zac's offense.   It could be really good by the end of the year.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 12:44 AM)McC Wrote: I think a lot of what's going on right now is weeding guys out.   Probably get a better idea how it's shaking out next week.  Even if the execution isn't perfect, there's a lot to like about Zac's offense.   It could be really good by the end of the year.  

Oh it is

They're always evaluating players more than running a gameplan in preseason. 
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 12:15 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: so after those only 2 plays you mentioned.. Redskins ran roughly 20 or so plays for 100 yards and one TD the rest of 1st half... so tell me again how they were horrible ?

Please quote where I said they were horrible
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Does anyone else think Hart is doing better this season thus far?
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 01:07 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: Does anyone else think Hart is doing better this season thus far?

How many sacks did we give up tonight? I think zero. QB Pressures - Maybe 2 or 3

Hart seems much better thus far, but hard to gauge in preseason. He also needs to stop the false starts, but n holding calls against Hart with a flag happy crew throwing them all night.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 12:20 AM)NKURyan Wrote: Miscellaneous thoughts:

I am cautiously optimistic about our offensive line's ability to pass block.

The run blocking has been an issue, but my recollection without looking it up is that they struggled to run all preseason last year and then as soon as the season started Mixon had no issues.

Finley looks like a legit find as a backup. Not saying he's going to take over for Dalton or anything, but that's still a big upgrade.

Nice to see the defense bounce back.

They are going to have some tough decisions on cut day at WR.

This team has such little margin for error that they have got to quit shooting themselves in the foot with penalties.

I love that they're not afraid to take shots downfield.

I think you'll definitely see "improvement" when Mixon is getting the bulk of the carries. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 12:44 AM)McC Wrote: I think a lot of what's going on right now is weeding guys out.   Probably get a better idea how it's shaking out next week.  Even if the execution isn't perfect, there's a lot to like about Zac's offense.   It could be really good by the end of the year.  

No need to wait that long. Get the holding issues cleared up and it could be good out of the gate. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 01:16 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: No need to wait that long. Get the holding issues cleared up and it could be good out of the gate. 

That would be great.  But I've prepared myself for some growing pains.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Thoughts
Poor run Blocking but thought pass protection was solid
Deep WR core thought all of them played well
Sample and Pratt looked good out there
Finley looked good out there but fans are overeacting over his performance. 5.8 YPA isn't going to win many games in the NFL.
Defense- what a statement made by this unit. Lou got a lot of shit last week but they were dominant in every way possible tonight. 2/12 on 3rd downs, 4.7 YPP, and only 8 first downs.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
The WRs are much improved over last year. Damien Willis looks like a star in the making. The TD he caught was pretty amazing. Too bad he got the PI call. Auden Tate also looked good. Nice TD catch. And Morgan continues to impress. I know Cody Core made some plays tonight, but I think ZAT's going to have some tough cuts to make.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 01:12 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I think you'll definitely see "improvement" when Mixon is getting the bulk of the carries. 

Yep... Trayveon Williams gets what's blocked, and that's it. Then he gets injured, and leaves the game.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 12:44 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Maybe it was Skin OL issues, but I saw our run defense stuffing plays all night. Peterson ripped off a big one early, but overall of DL controlled the LOS for a change and Pratt showed up in both run and pass defense. He impressed me tonight. Have you seen his build? He reminds me of Takeo Spikes size wise.

I was going to say, look at the Peterson run; even then, our line moved theirs off the LOS and we were in position to make the tackle (think it was Preston or Pratt), but Peterson is just too fast and agile still, he turned the corner and left our guys in the dust; not every RB will do that.

(08-16-2019, 01:07 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: Does anyone else think Hart is doing better this season thus far?

Looks good so far, but we'll see in the regular season.

I will say, Kerrigan was stonewalled on every pass rush to Hart.

(08-16-2019, 01:11 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: How many sacks did we give up tonight? I think zero. QB Pressures - Maybe 2 or 3

Hart seems much better thus far, but hard to gauge in preseason. He also needs to stop the false starts, but n holding calls against Hart with a flag happy crew throwing them all night.

I will say about that FS, one (or two) guys also jumped at the same time AND, the play clock was at 0 without a snap, so I wouldn't be surprised if he was looking more at that, than the actual ball.

Not making excuses either; watch it again, if you can.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
OL Looked better all around... Ill take holding over sacks in the Preseason... some of those were a little tacky...

D looked much better overall.

Still looks like spots are open for competition.

Rookies Showing up which is nice.

Tate apparently came from the matrix.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 01:53 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Finley looked good out there but fans are overeacting over his performance. 5.8 YPA isn't going to win many games in the NFL.

Yep. I love the fact that Finley has clearly won the backup QB job but the same people calling for him to start or get a chance with the 1s are the same ones that would crucify Dalton for dinking-and-dunking, for throwing well short of the first down marker on 3rd and long like Finley was doing last night.

I don't want to poo poo Finley's performance, but SOME people need to calm down and recognize reality.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 11:10 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Yep. I love the fact that Finley has clearly won the backup QB job but the same people calling for him to start or get a chance with the 1s are the same ones that would crucify Dalton for dinking-and-dunking, for throwing well short of the first down marker on 3rd and long like Finley was doing last night.

I don't want to poo poo Finley's performance, but SOME people need to calm down and recognize reality.

Yes you do.

Reply/Quote
Andrew Brown showed up again this week. No he didnt put up the stats like he did against the chiefs but he was still getting pressure even against the Redskins first team. He had a very nice play where he split a double team and forced a holding call against the first team OG/C.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 12:20 PM)Synric Wrote: Andrew Brown showed up again this week. No he didnt put up the stats like he did against the chiefs but he was still getting pressure even against the Redskins first team. He had a very nice play where he split a double team and forced a holding call against the first team OG/C.

Brown has been making a strong case for making the team.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 12:20 PM)Synric Wrote: Andrew Brown showed up again this week. No he didnt put up the stats like he did against the chiefs but he was still getting pressure even against the Redskins first team. He had a very nice play where he split a double team and forced a holding call against the first team OG/C.

If it's a keep/cut battle between Brown/Wren, looks like Brown is making a strong case to make the team.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 12:40 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: If it's a keep/cut battle between Brown/Wren, looks like Brown is making a strong case to make the team.

If I was deciding after the first two games I would go with Geno, Dunlap, Billings, Hubbard, Lawson, Brown, Wren, Wynn, Glasgow. That's 9 cutting Jordan Willis and Josh Tupou.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote