Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wash PS game
(08-16-2019, 12:45 PM)Synric Wrote: If I was deciding after the first two games I would go with Geno, Dunlap, Billings, Hubbard, Lawson, Brown, Wren, Wynn, Glasgow. That's 9 cutting Jordan Willis and Josh Tupou.

Willis had a nice sack last night.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 12:49 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Willis had a nice sack last night.

He did but so did Wynn who also had couple more pressures and was all over the place. It would be a tough decision between the two but I would go with Kerry Wynn.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 12:52 PM)Synric Wrote: He did but so did Wynn who also had couple more pressures and was all over the place. It would be a tough decision between the two but I would go with Kerry Wynn.

Right now, I say both get a spot. I think Wynn was brought in to replace M. Johnson.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 12:56 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Right now, I say both get a spot. I think Wynn was brought in to replace M. Johnson.

They could keep 10 DL they have done so before but I was just giving my list of the usual 9 after the first two pre season performances.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
First team OL unit was disgusting.

Finley..excellent

First team D is also struggling

Phat Randy missing xps
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 01:06 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Please quote where I said they were horrible

Well you are correct you said not impressed sorry but then you referenced 2 early plays only so should I showed how the defense was solid after that so still cant agee with tour not impressed statement 
Reply/Quote
After the rough start, the team settled down and played good ball. Gotta give Cody Core some cred, as I've been a very vocal critic of his. He made a couple nice catches, and was sure handed on the gimmies. He looked much improved. People still wanna call me an idiot for pimping Auden Tate?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 01:46 PM)Wyche Wrote: After the rough start, the team settled down and played good ball. Gotta give Cody Core some cred, as I've been a very vocal critic of his. He made a couple nice catches, and was sure handed on the gimmies. He looked much improved. People still wanna call me an idiot for pimping Auden Tate?

I as well as others took a good bit of heat last season on Tate . I think there's a fair chance that narrative may soon be changing.

I'm still not very high on Core though to be honest.
Reply/Quote
The 1st string plays the regular season and they did not impress. Second string did decent against a bad Redskins team. Hard to judge, but they won, so that's better than losing.
Reply/Quote
Looking at the WR group only, I am still concerned while Green is out. I love Boyd, but other than Boyd right now, I have not see others be able to separate. Of course once we add in the RB and TE group of Mixon, Gio and Eifert that can hide the WR weakness.

But man, I do wish we could get Ross on the field healthy and keep him healthy. I would love to see what Callahan and ZT can do with  him in Green's absence. I still have not given up on Malone, but he needs to keep getting better. I just don't see Core as a threat against great corners. Tate can be situational, but has trouble separating.

The guy to keep an eye on is Willis. I loved his play last night and thought he got a BS PI call negating a TD. But I see him as a longer term option who could be special in a year or 2 so not ready to step in during Green's absence.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Hopefully this next game we both put Price back with the #1s where he belongs and stop being so fracking vanilla. We have a new playbook and if we expect the team not to have major issues right out of the gate they need to be running the plays they will be using when it counts.
Reply/Quote
Just watched the game again , Finley is really impressive. I love his pocket presence. He doesn’t have a great arm n accuracy is ok but his pocket presence is outstanding. Reminds me of a poor mans Tom Brady. I know it’s crazy especially considering all the negativity from his practices. Only two games but we need to see what he does with Talent like Green n Mixon
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 01:59 PM)Destro Wrote: The 1st string plays the regular season and they did not impress. Second string did decent against a bad Redskins team. Hard to judge, but they won, so that's better than losing.

To be fair, half of their first string has yet to play any serious minutes.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 02:54 PM)Joelist Wrote: Hopefully this next game we both put Price back with the #1s where he belongs and stop being so fracking vanilla. We have a new playbook and if we expect the team not to have major issues right out of the gate they need to be running the plays they will be using when it counts.

I did not see the game but read your comments from last night and today regarding Price looking really good.  And I SO want him to be.

But my suspicion is that when Price came in the Washington 1st String DTs went out - which might explain the glaring differences.

Could you tell?
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 03:08 PM)NKURyan Wrote: To be fair, half of their first string has yet to play any serious minutes.

'Tis true. Wish the O-line was better, but about 50% of the league is in need of that. Defensively, I just want better tackling. Simple tackling is also lost of a large amount of players, but it is so disheartening to see the two hand touch being played.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 12:45 PM)Synric Wrote: If I was deciding after the first two games I would go with Geno, Dunlap, Billings, Hubbard, Lawson, Brown, Wren, Wynn, Glasgow. That's 9 cutting Jordan Willis and Josh Tupou.

Willis and Tupou have been playing decent as well... Its a hard call right now.   Hopefully these last few games some people start to distance themselves from the pack  or cuts downs will be ruff...

DL and WR  are gonna be hard calls this year.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 02:54 PM)Joelist Wrote: Hopefully this next game we both put Price back with the #1s where he belongs and stop being so fracking vanilla. We have a new playbook and if we expect the team not to have major issues right out of the gate they need to be running the plays they will be using when it counts.

you don't tip your hat in preseason

you work on them plays non media practice days
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 03:21 PM)3wt Wrote: I did not see the game but read your comments from last night and today regarding Price looking really good.  And I SO want him to be.

But my suspicion is that when Price came in the Washington 1st String DTs went out - which might explain the glaring differences.

Could you tell?

This.

People need to realize that looking good against 2nd stringers doesn't mean you're a starter.  It means you're a quality backup.

I have high hopes for Price, but it's concerning that he seemingly hasn't solidified the starting job despite basically practicing there full time while Hopkins plays everywhere.  I would still probably give the job mainly due to age and contract status, but both guys are mediocre against 1's and look good vs 2's.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 04:53 PM)Whatever Wrote: This.

People need to realize that looking good against 2nd stringers doesn't mean you're a starter.  It means you're a quality backup.

I have high hopes for Price, but it's concerning that he seemingly hasn't solidified the starting job despite basically practicing there full time while Hopkins plays everywhere.  I would still probably give the job mainly due to age and contract status, but both guys are mediocre against 1's and look good vs 2's.

Taylor and Turner have said numerous times, nobody's position is solidified. They want to see what the line looked like with Hopkins at C. Price played well last week in KC and last night. That's all you can do. 
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 04:53 PM)Whatever Wrote: This.

I don't know ?

I'm not so certain it's that as much as it is ZT actually giving all the options a real look and we're just not used to that from the standard operating procedure of the now gone coaching staff.
Reply/Quote