Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wash PS game
The skins first team D was still in for Price's first series. And he was dominant.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 01:53 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Finley looked good out there but fans are overeacting over his performance. 5.8 YPA isn't going to win many games in the NFL.

The year Foles won the superbowl he averaged 5.3 YPA.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 05:11 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The year Foles won the superbowl he averaged 5.3 YPA.

Not to mention that it's preseason with a limited playbook. I wouldn't get to broke up about YPA.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 05:34 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Not to mention that it's preseason with a limited playbook. I wouldn't get to broke up about YPA.

Gotta find a negative.

Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 05:11 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The year Foles won the superbowl he averaged 5.3 YPA.

Good to know he also averaged 9.2 in the playoffs that season.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 12:45 PM)Synric Wrote: If I was deciding after the first two games I would go with Geno, Dunlap, Billings, Hubbard, Lawson, Brown, Wren, Wynn, Glasgow. That's 9 cutting Jordan Willis and Josh Tupou.

I have liked what i have heard for the most part about this game but didn't Jordan Willis have a great play?

Thought i just saw him in the highlights?
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 05:05 PM)Joelist Wrote: The skins first team D was still in for Price's first series. And he was dominant.

Great news, with Price, Hart and Pratt impressing early this entire team should be much better this season...
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 06:14 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I have liked what i have heard for the most part about this game but didn't Jordan Willis have a great play?

Yeah he had a sack force fumble
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 05:05 PM)Joelist Wrote: The skins first team D was still in for Price's first series. And he was dominant.

It doesn't seem like it.  Tim Settle was in for Deron Payne at NT, backup LB's including Marquis Flowers were in.  Looked like about the only starter that played into the 2nd was Sweat.  But the backup NT was definitely in, which is most pertinent when we're guaging C play.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 06:32 PM)Whatever Wrote: It doesn't seem like it.  Tim Settle was in for Deron Payne at NT, backup LB's including Marquis Flowers were in.  Looked like about the only starter that played into the 2nd was Sweat.  But the backup NT was definitely in, which is most pertinent when we're guaging C play.

After the first series yes, but that first series they had the first string front in. We brought in Price at Center and moved Hopkins to LG. 
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 07:16 PM)Joelist Wrote: After the first series yes, but that first series they had the first string front in. We brought in Price at Center and moved Hopkins to LG. 

You don't have to try so hard. Price will most likely be our starting center. No need to make things up. 

Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 01:55 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I as well as others took a good bit of heat last season on Tate . I think there's a fair chance that narrative may soon be changing.

I'm still not very high on Core though to be honest.

I'm not really either.....but he did catch a few balls. That's sadly better than we've seen before! LOL

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(08-17-2019, 07:10 AM)Wyche Wrote: I'm not really either.....but he did catch a few balls. That's sadly better than we've seen before! LOL

Core has had a decent camp. My fear is he can't get separation and is not tenacious going after and winning 50/50 balls. We saw a year ago, he is a below average WR when he was called upon, but players improve so we will see how it comes out as we do know he is one of Simmons favorite and best ST guys. Since ST play 20% of the snaps, that makes him a good option to make the 53.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 06:14 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I have liked what i have heard for the most part about this game but didn't Jordan Willis have a great play?

Dont get hung up on that one play. Kerry Wynn probably had the best game of any defender on the team Thursday.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 11:10 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Yep. I love the fact that Finley has clearly won the backup QB job but the same people calling for him to start or get a chance with the 1s are the same ones that would crucify Dalton for dinking-and-dunking, for throwing well short of the first down marker on 3rd and long like Finley was doing last night.

I don't want to poo poo Finley's performance, but SOME people need to calm down and recognize reality.

He does well with pocket presence but we've seen that before with other young QBs that have come and gone here.

It's a lot more natural when you haven't played years behind a line that isn't trustworthy and at times has been downright scary.

In the 1st Pre-season game Dalton looked more calm and his footwork was less jumpy.

This PS game he looked skittish to me. 

A lot of Finley's passes where dink & dunk check down types that will drive up your completion percentage.

That's pretty much the norm in a PS vanilla ran offense gameplan.

For years I've been posting that Dalton needed more check down stuff in regular season.

Plays that put the RB available in the middle of the field just beyond the LOS.

A few yards gained instead of incompletions or negative yardage situations.

No, I don't want Dalton dinking & dunking all game but it would be nice to give him some outlet passes.

Not just some stuff like waiting for Gio to get to the sidelines on screen passes which always look the same no matter who the OC is(which we've seen time and time again).

The one negative thing I haven't seen mentioned is how Finley was staring down WRs.

In real game situations against 1st teamers that could result in picks instead of positive plays.

I hope Finley certainly gets the nod over Driskel and can step up if need be in the future.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 05:35 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Gotta find a negative.

Some people just HAVE to find a negative and focus on it when it comes to Dalton, so it only makes sense that some would do it when it comes to Finley. 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2019, 09:22 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Some people just HAVE to find a negative and focus on it when it comes to Dalton, so it only makes sense that some would do it when it comes to Finley. 

In 9 years I'm not sure I've ever seen anyone dig so deep as to criticize Andy's YPA. No doubt there are those that are overly critical of Andy and they are just as silly as those that are overly defensive. 

Bottom line: Finley had a good PS game, Andy had a crappy one; yet there are more people criticizing Finley's play than Andy's. 

Reply/Quote
(08-17-2019, 09:22 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Some people just HAVE to find a negative and focus on it when it comes to Dalton, so it only makes sense that some would do it when it comes to Finley. 

All players can and will be critiqued.

Especially on a frickin' message board.

Hilarious 

Bunch of comedians in this place.

Did we not forget how even guys like Green, Geno, and all Bengal greats past and present have had a "gotta find a negative" critique on them.
Reply/Quote
Couple of things....
1) Had to laugh at the AARP and walker comments in regards to getting gashed by AP. AP gashes everyone, it's what he does, and he gets his walker at the same med supply place as Brady and Brees….
2) I thought at the start of preseason, our o-line would have it's usual pass pro problems, but would be big enough to road grade the run game, and that's the direction the team seems to be going. But, this line seems to be better at Pass Protection than they are run blocking.
3) Ellis runs hard, can catch, and has made a statement. If he doesn't make this team, he's making someone else's.
4)I'm quite surprised by Core (who I have blasted) and Malone. Both seem to have upped their game this year, and if Ross is not careful, he'll be the odd man out.

And lastly..... I'm surprised no one has mentioned it here, but did you all catch the stiff arm Mixon laid on Josh Norman???? Took him right out of his cleats...….. I watched a slow motion gif of it yesterday, it was brutal. Joe is ready......
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2019, 09:27 AM)bfine32 Wrote: In 9 years I'm not sure I've ever seen anyone dig so deep as to criticize Andy's YPA. No doubt there are those that are overly critical of Andy and they are just as silly as those that are overly defensive. 

Bottom line: Finley had a good PS game, Andy had a crappy one; yet there are more people criticizing Finley's play than Andy's. 

Dude I've seen great QBs have bad pre-season games.

Andy doesn't even sniff great for me.

We're gonna take a look-see on Finley because he was getting trashed in camp and miraculously played decent in PS.

You don't think even Phil would want to see an heir apparent for Dalton?

Andy's clock is ticking and even his most staunchest supporters know it.

I just have memories of Dan "The Fever" Lefevour gonna ball out.

It's pre-season.
Reply/Quote