Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Washington Commanders ?
What an apt name for a football team representing a city chock full of people who believe they are to rule over us all with an iron fist.
Whatever

Ok, now.... let's hear all the Handmaid's Tale jokes.
Rename the stadium to Gilead ?
Hilarious

[Image: 2022-02-02T142546Z_1312044575_MT1USATODA...00x800.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2022, 01:44 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: What an apt name for a football team representing a city chock full of people who believe they are to rule over us all with an iron fist.
Whatever

Ok, now.... let's hear all the Handmaid's Tale jokes.
Rename the stadium to Gilead ?
Hilarious

[Image: 2022-02-02T142546Z_1312044575_MT1USATODA...00x800.jpg]

The Commies?

Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2022, 02:18 PM)GMDino Wrote: The Commies?

Ninja

That has been suggested around the interwebs.
Tongue

I always thought the Washington Red Tape, Overlords, or Bandits (sorry USFL) would have been quite fitting.
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2022, 02:30 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: That has been suggested around the interwebs.
Tongue

I always thought the Washington Red Tape, Overlords, or Bandits (sorry USFL) would have been quite fitting.

They could have went with Revenuers
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2022, 02:44 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: They could have went with Revenuers

Ooohh.... I like it !
ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2022, 02:44 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: They could have went with Revenuers

Or the Competents? Seeing how the government is competen....  Hilarious couldn't finish that with a straight face.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Unfortunately, I think the Washington Commandeers may be a more fitting name for a DC squad.
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2022, 03:04 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Unfortunately, I think the Washington Commandeers may be a more fitting name for a DC squad.

That's pretty decent.
Although, I have to admit I threw the Handmaid's Tale bit in there for you to run with.
Nervous
Reply/Quote
All seriousness aside, and the jokes write themselves, but it's not the worst name in sports.

Maybe I just don't care enough anymore... Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
I personally would've gone with the Washington Lobbyists
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
Maybe they'll relocate the Jets to New Jersey and rename them The Generals.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
I advocated for the Bureaucrats all along. LOL
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2022, 03:12 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: That's pretty decent.
Although, I have to admit I threw the Handmaid's Tale bit in there for you to run with.
Nervous

I don't know what that is. 
Reply/Quote
Believe it or not, the Washington Football team played a role in this year's astounding Bengal's story. Those thugs nearly broke Joe B.'s leg in half, and THAT WAS ONLY 14 MONTHS AGO!
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2022, 03:36 PM)basballguy Wrote: I personally would've gone with the Washington Lobbyists

This one is the best, or at least best reflects how Washington works. 

The "Commanders" has an authoritarian appeal, but also complements right wing views that politicians in Washington
are the problem, not the people who vote them in.
Reply/Quote
The all-black uniform just makes me think they're Steelers alternate/color rush uniforms. I dislike the trend of seemingly every team getting an all-black uniform as it is just erasing unique uniforms and it's boring.

I don't love Commanders, but I HATED Football Team, so whatever. I think they missed out on Armada or Red Wolves just for the whole broadside or wolf howls they could have done for celebration sounds.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Their nickname is the Commies, they wear Red and Yellow and they have an autocratic ruler with multiple ethical and moral scandals associated with him.

They should just re-locate the team to Volgograd.
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2022, 05:04 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I don't know what that is. 

It is a novel, developed into a popular tv show.

The plot, per Wikipedia....

In a world where fertility rates have collapsed as a result of sexually transmitted diseases and environmental pollution,[11] the totalitariantheonomic government of Gilead establishes rule in the former United States in the aftermath of a civil war.[12][13][14] Society is organized by power-hungry leaders along with a new, militarized, hierarchical regime of religious fanaticism and newly created social classes, in which women are brutally subjugated. By law, women in Gilead are forced to work in very limited roles, including some as natal slaves, and they are not allowed to own property, have careers, handle money, or read.[14]

World infertility has led to the enslavement of fertile women in Gilead determined by the new regime to be "fallen women", citing an extremist interpretation of the Biblical account of Bilhah; these women often include those who have entered multiple marriages (termed "adulteresses", as divorce is not recognised under Gileadian law), single or unmarried mothers, lesbians (homosexuals being termed "gender traitors"), non-Christians, adherents of Christian denominations other than the "Sons of Jacob", political dissidents, and academics. These women, called Handmaids, are assigned to the homes of the ruling elite, where they must submit to ritualized rape (referred to as "the ceremony") by their male masters ("Commanders") in the presence of their wives, to be impregnated and bear children for them.[14] Handmaids are given names created by the addition of the prefix Of- to the first name of the man who has them. When they are transferred, their names are changed.
Along with the Handmaids, much of society is now grouped into classes that dictate their freedoms and duties. Women are divided into a small range of social categories, each one signified by a plain dress in a specific color. Handmaids wear long red dresses, heavy brown boots and white coifs, with a larger white coif (known as "wings") to be worn outside, concealing them from public view and restricting their vision.
June Osborne, renamed Offred, is the Handmaid assigned to the home of the Gileadan Commander Fred Waterford and his wife Serena Joy. The Waterfords, key players in the formation and rise of Gilead, struggle with the realities of the society they helped create. During "the time before", June was married to Luke and had a daughter, Hannah. At the beginning of the story, while attempting to flee Gilead with her husband and daughter, June was captured and forced to become a Handmaid because of the adultery she and her husband committed. June's daughter was taken and given to an upper-class family to raise, and her husband escaped into Canada. Much of the plot revolves around June's desire to be reunited with her husband and daughter and the internal evolution of her strength to its somewhat darker version.
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2022, 02:02 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: It is a novel, developed into a popular tv show.

During "the time before", June was married to Luke and had a daughter, Hannah.

I only knew it was a thing, not what it was actually about, but you're telling me that they went into that new society in less than a generation? That's.... eh.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote