Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Washington defense no joke.
(11-18-2020, 11:18 AM)Bengal Jim Wrote: Chase Young scares me, need to protect Joe Burrow!

Yes the young is going to win some battles  and Burrow needs to protect self by improving in the the pocket or get out of pocket.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Did Burrow and Young have a friendship at OSU? Hoping maybe so because it might keep Chase from taking that end of career shot on him when the OL turnstiles his ass through there.

Reply/Quote
Perspective washington has avg giving up 30 pts a game to rams ravens browns and cardinals and lions. 16 to Eagles Giants Cowboys. I put our offense potential between those groups so score 24 to 26 and we can win.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2020, 01:59 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Did Burrow and Young have a friendship at OSU? Hoping maybe so because it might keep Chase from taking that end of career shot on him when the OL turnstiles his ass through there.

If the classless team we played last Sunday didn't end his career, I'm not worried about any other team doing it. The only NFL team that will go out and really try to end his career is the dirt-bag sub-human trash team we saw Sunday.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
There defense is definitely pretty decent.

That said, sometimes I think the numbers get skewed with how one side of the ball relates to other. Here's what I mean with this:

When you have an absolutely putrid offense, it can sometimes help defensive totals. Teams don't have to score as much to beat you. They'll run out a more conservative approach, and may take their foot off the gas later in the games, knowing your offense can't close a two score gap. Also, if you're offense is bad you may impliment more of ball control approach, or you lack big play ability. Both of these contribute to time of possession.

On the flip side, if you have any unbelieveable offense, it can sometimes hurt your defensive totals. Teams may be forced to be ultra aggressive just to try to keep up with you. Your defense may run more of prevent, bend don't break, we'll give you all of the underneath stuff, while protecting a sizeable lead late in the game. If you're offense is explosive, you may score very quickly. Thus giving a time of possession advantage to your opponent, leading to more yards and more opportunites to pad the stats.

This isn't to say that they're not a perfectly capable D. But I think they may look better on paper than they actually are. You see this a lot, good defenses paired with bad offenses, and good offenses paired with bad defenses. I think there is a coorelation there outside of talent on each side of the ball.
Reply/Quote
If you really look at their schedule and the results, I think a lot of their defensive numbers are from playing a bad Giants team twice already (and losing to them once...how the ****??) and a week one win over a terrible Eagles team and beating Dallas with their 4th string QB. Every game they have played that isn't a divisional game has been a loss and the team they played scored big. Joe has a chance to really put up some big numbers Sunday.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-18-2020, 02:12 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: There defense is definitely pretty decent.

That said, sometimes I think the numbers get skewed with how one side of the ball relates to other.  Here's what I mean with this:

When you have an absolutely putrid offense, it can sometimes help defensive totals.  Teams don't have to score as much to beat you.  They'll run out a more conservative approach, and may take their foot off the gas later in the games, knowing your offense can't close a two score gap.  Also, if you're offense is bad you may impliment more of ball control approach, or you lack big play ability.  Both of these contribute to time of possession.

On the flip side, if you have any unbelieveable offense, it can sometimes hurt your defensive totals.  Teams may be forced to be ultra aggressive just to try to keep up with you.  Your defense may run more of prevent, bend don't break, we'll give you all of the underneath stuff, while protecting a sizeable lead late in the game.  If you're offense is explosive, you may score very quickly.  Thus giving a time of possession advantage to your opponent, leading to more yards and more opportunities to pad the stats.

This isn't to say that they're not a perfectly capable D.  But I think they may look better on paper than they actually are.  You see this a lot, good defenses paired with bad offenses, and good offenses paired with bad defenses.  I think there is a coorelation there outside of talent on each side of the ball.

They really don't have any good QBs in that division either. The best QB in that division is probably Jones now that Dak is hurt (they played Boys after his was hurt) and they lost two times to him.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote