Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Washington targeting Haskins, pick at 15...
Do you...
1) Trade back with them to let them jump past Miami, picking up an extra pick or two but potentially costing you at linebacker.
OR
2) Stand pat and hope they trade ahead of you, helping a top 10 player fall to you.
Reply/Quote
If Bush is there (not White) and Washington is trying to move up, I’d be asking for a lot more than a 3rd round pick. Maybe if this LB class was deeper then I would say sure. A 3rd is what most would have us receiving in a trade down scenario with the Skins. It would be about even value I think.

For what it’s worth, I believe that they will jump way past us. They’re going to be calling every team ahead of the Giants at 6 and after the 49ers at 2 (3-5).

With that being said, option 2.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
I would offer Dalton, 3rd and 6th rounders to the Skins for their 15th pick. I would take Haskins and Taylor (OT). I think Dalton's salary is reasonable, Dalton is known quantity and has had good production under Skins HC.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2019, 04:37 PM)NKURyan Wrote: Do you...
1) Trade back with them to let them jump past Miami, picking up an extra pick or two but potentially costing you at linebacker.
OR
2) Stand pat and hope they trade ahead of you, helping a top 10 player fall to you

Honestly, I'd root for either of those to happen but would prefer #1. There should still be an OT they like at 15 plus they get to address another position likely in the 3rd. 
There are two scenarios that I think will make me the most excited this draft:
A) Trade back from 11, go OT in 1st, BPA in 2nd, and have an extra 3rd
B) One of the Devins in the 1st, and OT in 2nd
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2019, 04:54 PM)Takedown Wrote: If Bush is there (not White) and Washington is trying to move up, I’d be asking for a lot more than a 3rd round pick. Maybe if this LB class was deeper then I would say sure. A 3rd is what most would have us receiving in a trade down scenario with the Skins. It would be about even value I think.

For what it’s worth, I believe that they will jump way past us. They’re going to be calling every team ahead of the Giants at 6 and after the 49ers at 2 (3-5).

With that being said, option 2.

Do they need to jump the Giants, though? Everyone seems to think NYG likes Jones over Haskins...
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2019, 05:09 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote:  
Honestly, I'd root for either of those to happen but would prefer #1. There should still be an OT they like at 15 plus they get to address another position likely in the 3rd. 
There are two scenarios that I think will make me the most excited this draft:
A) Trade back from 11, go OT in 1st, BPA in 2nd, and have an extra 3rd
B) One of the Devins in the 1st, and OT in 2nd

I tend to lean #1 as well, but I'm really nervous that if they don't get a LB in the 1st they might not get a contributor there at all. Yes, they could theoretically get Mack Wilson in the 2nd, but that's no sure thing.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2019, 05:26 PM)NKURyan Wrote: Do they need to jump the Giants, though? Everyone seems to think NYG likes Jones over Haskins...

I keep hering they don't want either at #6 and will likely trying get a QB at #17 or try to move up from #17 to get one.  Hard to imagine any team taking Jones with the 6th pick.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2019, 06:04 PM)McC Wrote: I keep hering they don't want either at #6 and will likely trying get a QB at #17 or try to move up from #17 to get one.  Hard to imagine any team taking Jones with the 6th pick.

Either way there's no reason for Washington to jump up that high, then. Not too many teams between New York and Miami that seem to be leaning QB...
Reply/Quote
Rumor is Snyder is running the first round and he wants a QB which signals he will be trading up.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2019, 06:36 PM)Au165 Wrote: Rumor is Snyder is running the first round and he wants a QB which signals he will be trading up.

They kinda need one but they are in salary cap hell with Alex Smith and Case Keenum...Bruce Allen and Jay Gruden are likely to be fired soon.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2019, 06:46 PM)Synric Wrote: They kinda need one but they are in salary cap hell with Alex Smith and Case Keenum...Bruce Allen and Jay Gruden are likely to be fired soon.

Plus they apparently rushed Colt McCoy back from injury and he now needs another surgery.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2019, 05:26 PM)NKURyan Wrote: Do they need to jump the Giants, though? Everyone seems to think NYG likes Jones over Haskins...

It's not so much what the Giants may or may not want, it's about what the Skins want and they may want to solidify their chances. 

I don't think Haskins is on the Giants' radar like you said.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
Wait to see who is there at 11. If you have four prospects almost equally graded, I think that you trade the pick if you can get good value for it. Good value might be taking a second and swapping 3rd and 4th rounders, or taking a 4th and swapping next year's first rounders if you think they're going to be awful.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2019, 05:01 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I would offer Dalton, 3rd and 6th rounders to the Skins for their 15th pick.  I would take Haskins and Taylor (OT).  I think Dalton's salary is reasonable, Dalton is known quantity and has had good production under Skins HC.

Interesting idea. Dalton reunited with Gruden in DC. Taylor gets his own rookie QB to groom and a monster RT to help protect him. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
OR
2) Stand pat and hope they trade ahead of you, helping a top 10 player fall to you.

This scenario doesn't exactly make sense. Washington probably wouldn't trade with the Bengals at 11 until the 11th pick actually is on the clock and Haskins is still available. And regardless, it really depends on who else is picked in the Top 10.

I really look to trade back if the following 10 players are all gone:
Bosa, Allen, Quinnen, Oliver, White, Jonah, Taylor, Murray, Hockenson, Bush.

I think 15 would be perfect to trade back to and take someone like Wilkins, Ford, or Dillard. Plus you should get Washington's 3rd rounder (perhaps more) to help even more.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
So rumor now is they want to move up for Daniel Jones, not Haskins.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 02:48 PM)Au165 Wrote: So rumor now is they want to move up for Daniel Jones, not Haskins.

This draft has been nuts lol. They wouldn't really move up to the top 5 for Jones... would they?
Reply/Quote
OR

number one,we need quality picks and to get another one in the forth or fifth is epic. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote