Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wasting those Rookie QB Contract Years
(11-01-2022, 03:07 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We're not a SB contender. Basically, if a team has a good pass rusher they can shutdown our offense.

then say SB contender though we went last year so does that mean never now?  I still see us as competitive, this was the only blowout lose we have had. also what teams in the AFC are playing at SB contender level besides KC and Buffalo ,, maybe Ravens but that is about it. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Get rid of Bates and Mixon and you can sign Higgins. Have to draft another receiver though. Somehow landing Marvin Harrison Jr in 2024 would be ridiculous but they better be nowhere near being able to draft him.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 03:22 PM)Housh Wrote: Idk about you but I’m not paying 50 mill for a guy that turns into chopped shit without his number 1 guy.

If anything this is an argument to pay Jamarr Chase 30 mill a year and make him the highest paid WR. If the standard is 50 mill and guys like ARod are getting that then Burrow is somewhere closer to 40 million. When he’s on he’s on but he’s not worth top 3 QB money and I’m fine with losing him if it really came down to it.

Man...did you turn on Burrow quick. You start threads about how he's never failed and he can carry this team.

Now you're fine with letting him walk?
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 03:37 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Get rid of Bates and Mixon and you can sign Higgins.  Have to draft another receiver though.  Somehow landing Marvin Harrison Jr in 2024 would be ridiculous but they better be nowhere near being able to draft him.

So we'd have like $100-110 million a year in Burrow/Chase/Higgins?
Reply/Quote
I'm kind of surprised this thread is so controversial. It's a given that having a good QB on a rookie deal is a cheat code.

When Burrow makes $45 million a year and Chase $30 million a year...we're going to need to surround them with cheaper guys.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 03:41 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: So we'd have like $100-110 million a year in Burrow/Chase/Higgins?

Maybe?  I don't really know.  The cap keeps going up but that may be too much.  But you need someone to take advantage of the attention paid to Chase.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 03:48 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Maybe?  I don't really know.  The cap keeps going up but that may be too much.  But you need someone to take advantage of the attention paid to Chase.

The Saints when they had Brees has a bunch of cheap WR's and spread the ball around. I think you keep Chase and keep bringing in speed guys in the draft.

Then, invest money in the lines.

The Bengals will likely struggle with building around Burrow paid highly with this coaching staff.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 03:29 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I don;t think they have overall been as consistent as expected especially Cappa... better yes but to the level what we expected no.. now that might be because of Pollack some also

I’m going to trust my eyes and Joe Goodberry’s opinion on Cappa over yours. Unless you can convince me you watch the same amount of film he does.

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 03:52 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The Saints when they had Brees has a bunch of cheap WR's and spread the ball around. I think you keep Chase and keep bringing in speed guys in the draft.

Then, invest money in the lines.

The Bengals will likely struggle with building around Burrow paid highly with this coaching staff.

Yeah I suppose if you have a rock solid line then you can get away with a stud and some burners. I’d keep everyone for next year though.

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 04:12 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’m going to trust my eyes and Joe Goodberry’s opinion on Cappa over yours. Unless you can convince me you watch the same amount of film he does.

Cappa, Karras, and Volson have been fine. Volson may have a bright future that could be Pro Bowl. It's hard to say of course.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 04:59 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Cappa, Karras, and Volson have been fine. Volson may have a bright future that could be Pro Bowl. It's hard to say of course.

Volson is being overrated. His pressure rate is high for a LG

Jonah had a high pff rating last season, but people here say he wasnt as good as his rating because of all the sacks he allowed

but when Volson puts up a decent score, everyone just ignores the pressure rate and claims he's good? It's confusing. Selective thinking
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 03:07 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We're not a SB contender. Basically, if a team has a good pass rusher they can shutdown our offense.

very well and simply put...
everyteam that has a game wrecker edge guy has prison sex with our O line
so far Watt, Parsons, Garrett...oh and that rookie from last night too....with the basketball name; Isaiah Thomas?
did i miss anyone here? 
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 03:22 PM)Housh Wrote: Idk about you but I’m not paying 50 mill for a guy that turns into chopped shit without his number 1 guy.

If anything this is an argument to pay Jamarr Chase 30 mill a year and make him the highest paid WR. If the standard is 50 mill and guys like ARod are getting that then Burrow is somewhere closer to 40 million. When he’s on he’s on but he’s not worth top 3 QB money and I’m fine with losing him if it really came down to it.

NO, give Burrow an elite line & we don't need but one #1 receiver. Give him the same time that Brissett had & we blow out a lot of teams.
Reply/Quote