Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Watch the Steelers' Left Guard, #73 to Determine Pass or Run
Ever watch Ramon Foster, the Steelers' left guard, before the snap?  If he comes out of the huddle, goes to the line, and stays in his stance, the Steelers run the ball 100% of the time.  If Foster comes up out of his stance, looks over both shoulders, makes line adjustments, signals to Ben Roethlisberger the line is ready, then goes back into his stance, the Steelers pass or run a play action 100% of the time.  It's the biggest indicator I've ever seen!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
That's 100% on Dalton, he should have picked up on that watching game film on the Steelers D Ninja

Couldn't be a sub-par job by the coaches in their preparation could it ?
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2016, 05:32 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: That's 100% on Dalton, he should have picked up on that watching game film on the Steelers D  Ninja

This.....F.I.K can pick up on this from his couch, but Mediocre Marv and His Merry Band can't?  Pitiful.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2016, 05:32 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: That's 100% on Dalton, he should have picked up on that watching game film on the Steelers D  Ninja

Hilarious

Yes, and it's on Andy Dalton that he didn't look up from his iPad where he was looking at photos of the Pittsburgh secondary, notice Ramon Foster, and run over to Paul Guenther and point this out.
Reply/Quote

Thanks Andy.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

WTH? Did I miss something? How is Dalton responsible for catching this "tell"? One of the almighty, intelligent Coaches and/or LBers should have picked this up from film weeks ago. STUPID BENGAL COACHES & I AM BEGINNING TO THINK SOME PLAYERS SHOULD BE INCLUDED IN THE STUPID CATEGORY.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2016, 07:12 PM)Derrick Wrote: WTH? Did I miss something? How is Dalton responsible for catching this "tell"? One of the almighty, intelligent Coaches and/or LBers should have picked this up from film weeks ago. STUPID BENGAL COACHES & I AM BEGINNING TO THINK SOME PLAYERS SHOULD BE INCLUDED IN THE STUPID CATEGORY.

I get the notion to blame the coaches for all and everything these days; but it's really super-obvious that this one is on Dalton.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2016, 07:12 PM)Derrick Wrote: WTH? Did I miss something? How is Dalton responsible for catching this "tell"? One of the almighty, intelligent Coaches and/or LBers should have picked this up from film weeks ago. STUPID BENGAL COACHES & I AM BEGINNING TO THINK SOME PLAYERS SHOULD BE INCLUDED IN THE STUPID CATEGORY.

JUST TO SET THE RECORD STRAIGHT ...  this is a bengalfan74 post, not mine (bengalguy71)   Nervous
Reply/Quote
And Dalton should have scored on that kickoff return as well.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2016, 11:06 PM)BB2W Wrote: This is not true... What you are seeing is the Steelers silent snap count out of shotgun which is mostly used during away games because of crowd noise. Ben breaks the huddle and says set and everyone gets set besides Foster and a potential man in motion. Ideally, Foster looks back at Ben to make sure he's ready and Foster surveys the line of scrimmage to make sure everyone is set before getting set himself and within 2 seconds he hits Pouncey on the left thigh to snap the ball. There were many plays during the game yesterday where the same sequence was followed by a run play out of shotgun. It has been a constant procedure since at least Munchak joined the staff and may be related to Todd Haley.

You may think that would be an easy read of the snap for defenders on the left side of the defense but Foster always hits Pouncey's thigh without him snapping in some sort of a "silent hard count" to keep the rush off balance. This is why you may see the process repeated over and over not to mention audibles.

This doesn't happen on run plays.
Reply/Quote