Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Watch this, and you will want him...
Highlight reel looks great, but I do not remember him doing anything at all during this year's game when Louisville beat FS  63-20. Maybe he didn't play??? I'm not sure I trust that Fournette is going to hold up in the NFL, so I would take Cook over him....
Reply/Quote
Louisville jumped out to a huge lead early and took FSU's rushing attack of the game. Better example would be what he did against Michigan's top rated defense in the bowl game

[Image: sig.jpg]

[Image: monkeysridingdogsherdingsheep1.gif?w=1000]
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2017, 05:03 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Highlight reel looks great, but I do not remember him doing anything at all during this year's game when Louisville beat FS  63-20. Maybe he didn't play??? I'm not sure I trust that Fournette is going to hold up in the NFL, so I would take Cook over him....

Didn't Adrian Peterson have injury concerns coming out of college? Yea the last few years have been filled with injuries for him but his first 7 seasons were pretty damn clean.

Also Tyler Eifert wasn't considered injury prone coming out of college and look out him now.

Point being you can't really predict that kind of stuff unless they have Major medical issues like Lattimore from a couple years back.

If the medical stuff is cleared at the combine and you evaluate these guys on talent and measurables I think the choice becomes easier to make in favor of Fournette.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2017, 05:22 PM)TheWhoDeyKid Wrote: Louisville jumped out to a huge lead early and took FSU's rushing attack of the game.  Better example would be what he did against Michigan's top rated defense in the bowl game

That's most likely dead on correct, but the Louisville game was the only time I watched FSU play this year....
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2017, 05:25 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Didn't Adrian Peterson have injury concerns coming out of college? Yea the last few years have been filled with injuries for him but his first 7 seasons were pretty damn clean.

Also Tyler Eifert wasn't considered injury prone coming out of college and look out him now.

Point being you can't really predict that kind of stuff unless they have Major medical issues like Lattimore from a couple years back.

If the medical stuff is cleared at the combine and you evaluate these guys on talent and measurables I think the choice becomes easier to make in favor of Fournette.

That's true as well, there is no predicting injuries. That said, a running back with ankle or knee injuries gives me pause....
Reply/Quote
Things that stand out are his outstanding balance and how slippery he is.  Will he look like a Jamaal Charles type dude against NFL talent and behind this line?  Don't know.  I'm hoping for trenches/LB at 9, but I wouldn't be too miffed if they got this guy.  
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2017, 05:22 PM)TheWhoDeyKid Wrote: Louisville jumped out to a huge lead early and took FSU's rushing attack of the game.  Better example would be what he did against Michigan's top rated defense in the bowl game

Michigan was without Peppers though
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2017, 10:34 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Michigan was without Peppers though

Peppers would not have stopped Cook.  Besides, that's only 1 player and that D was stacked.  Peppers is a flashy play maker not a run stuffing defender

[Image: sig.jpg]

[Image: monkeysridingdogsherdingsheep1.gif?w=1000]
Reply/Quote
With the state of our RB's being a huge question mark I wouldn't be mad if we took him at 9 !

We have so many needs, Gio is uncertain as to what he'll be upon return. I'm not at all convinced Hill's problems are just O-line. And as much as I like Burkhead and want to keep him I'd guess he's a long shot to remain.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2017, 03:36 PM)Au165 Wrote: This draft is to deep at HB to get one in the top 10 with so many other needs. If you wait until te 2nd you could possibly get D'Onta Foreman.

None of those guys look like Cook.  The guy is a true difference maker, and offense is where we need a difference maker most.  I'd take him in a heart beat.  He runs like his hair is on fire.  He's got true vision, acceleration and will put his shoulder down and plow on the goal line.  And he catches the deep ball very well, so we get a deep threat out of him.  He's scary good.

He's got baggage though: a lot of mileage on him, he fumbles, and several run ins with the law.  He'd be a risk.

The only reason he might be there is his background and fumbling.  And if he is there I don't think they'll take him.  But if he's there he's the best chance to get us back on track to the playoffs with one draft pick.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2017, 03:36 PM)Au165 Wrote: This draft is to deep at HB to get one in the top 10 with so many other needs. If you wait until te 2nd you could possibly get D'Onta Foreman.

Foreman in the 2nd would be a huge reach.  The dude is 6'1" and 250.  If a back that big isn't going to limit the playbook, I don't know who would.  If' he's that big now, just imagine how heavy he will be after 3 years of being to his own devices, and off of the college training table...

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2017, 09:04 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Foreman in the 2nd would be a huge reach.  The dude is 6'1" and 250.  If a back that big isn't going to limit the playbook, I don't know who would.  If' he's that big now, just imagine how heavy he will be after 3 years of being to his own devices, and off of the college training table...

Not at all. Foreman is 241, the exact same size and weight as Legaret Blount and Steven Jackson coming out, and he is a good comparison to Jackson. Foreman led the nation in rushing in a power 5 conference and did it without a bowl game. Combine weigh in and 40 will be a big deal as he is projected to run a mid 4.4 40.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2017, 12:37 AM)Au165 Wrote: Not at all. Foreman is 241, the exact same size and weight as Legaret Blount and Steven Jackson coming out, and he is a good comparison to Jackson. Foreman led the nation in rushing in a power 5 conference and did it without a bowl game. Combine weigh in and 40 will be a big deal as he is projected to run a mid 4.4 40.

yeah but Steven Jackson actually caught passes. 
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2017, 12:42 AM)Jpoore Wrote: yeah but Steven Jackson actually caught passes. 

You're really caught up on the pass catching thing. It really isn't that big of a deal. I already explained it to you already. Hasn't doesn't mean can't and even if he isn't great he will be a check down most of the time but it sells play action better because the will crash on it.

Side note Jackson only caught 44 balls in his entire college career.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2017, 12:56 AM)Au165 Wrote: You're really caught up on the pass catching thing. It really isn't that big of a deal. I already explained it to you already. Hasn't doesn't mean can't and even if he isn't great he will be a check down most of the time but it sells play action better because the will crash on it.

Side note Jackson only caught 44 balls in his entire college career.
The best rbs in NFL are pass catching backs as well as rbs. U have to be able to do both nowadays.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2017, 01:01 AM)Jpoore Wrote: The best rbs in NFL are pass catching backs as well as rbs. U have to be able to do both nowadays.

Don't confuse can't with hasn't. We will see at the combine workouts.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2017, 01:25 AM)Au165 Wrote: Don't confuse can't with hasn't. We will see at the combine workouts.

Here's another dude stuck on 1 player LOL. The bengals already have a 235-240 lb back who isnt producing ok let's go draft another one who is even bigger...NO thanks ! 
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2017, 02:27 AM)pulses Wrote: Here's another dude stuck on 1 player LOL. The bengals already have a 235-240 lb back who isnt producing ok let's go draft another one who is even bigger...NO thanks ! 

Not stuck at all, I am simply having a discussion about him refuting some misinformation. I would be fine with a host of backs and this is a good class to look in the mid rounds. With that said, I don't think Hill is here long term so someone on the bigger side is ideal to me as we will stay a two back team as long as Marvin is here. We have a smaller back, so it would make sense to have a bigger back to pair him with.

Side question: Have you ever actually watched tape on any of these guys, or Hill for that matter? Hills issue is that he refuses to play within his size, meaning he wants to dance in the whole like a small back he refuses to stick his foot in the ground make one cut and go. If you look at a guy like Blount or Deangelo Williams they make their cut and go, if Hill would get back to this as he did his rookie year he would find success. The issue is he refuses to do it.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2017, 03:50 AM)Shady Wrote: They say defense wins championships, and I expect us to take a DE or a LB, but I wouldn't pass on this guy, not with our situation at RB. Our defense played pretty well down the stretch.

Ok, but what does it take to win a playoff game?
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-26-2017, 12:24 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Ok, but what does it take to win a playoff game?

A new coach...
Reply/Quote