Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Watch this video: police at the house
Watch this and comment.  I guess the police chief isn't too happy .  

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2015/11/taser_video_for_carol_in_tusca.html

All I saw was a couple of dumbasses get forcibly restrained because they were actively resisting.
[Image: 12193888_945290662225883_362849164234645...e=56C4C4CB]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
"Ask him if you are being arrested or detained." 'Ask him if you are being arrested or detained." 'Ask him if you are being arrested or detained."

Apparently she heard something somewhere.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(11-10-2015, 10:59 AM)michaelsean Wrote: "Ask him if you are being arrested or detained." 'Ask him if you are being arrested or detained." 'Ask him if you are being arrested or detained."

Apparently she heard something somewhere.

Well that's a legit question.
(11-10-2015, 11:07 AM)GMDino Wrote: Well that's a legit question.

She doesn't know why.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(11-10-2015, 11:25 AM)michaelsean Wrote: She doesn't know why.  

But still a legit question before the drag you away. Ninja
Seems like an overreaction to a noise complaint, but the students should understand that you cannot challenge a cop in the streets and hope to win. While you do have rights, you're only going to end up being charged with resisting arrest if you attempt to "defend" those rights without a lawyer and outside of the court room.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(11-10-2015, 11:51 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Seems like an overreaction to a noise complaint, but the students should understand that you cannot challenge a cop in the streets and hope to win. While you do have rights, you're only going to end up being charged with resisting arrest if you attempt to "defend" those rights without a lawyer and outside of the court room.

Yeah.  The cops are going to win every time.  You have video.  Comply and complain later.

(11-10-2015, 11:51 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Seems like an overreaction to a noise complaint, but the students should understand that you cannot challenge a cop in the streets and hope to win. While you do have rights, you're only going to end up being charged with resisting arrest if you attempt to "defend" those rights without a lawyer and outside of the court room.

Ain't that a shame....
(11-10-2015, 11:55 AM)GMDino Wrote: Ain't that a shame....

Not really....IT's how you keep yourself form getting hurt.  The system is in place so that the officers can safely conduct their business and if the over reach the citizen has recourse.  It does not provide the citizen with authority to defend with violence.  These kids should have simply complied and if their rights were violated they then get a lawyer.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

(11-10-2015, 11:55 AM)GMDino Wrote: Ain't that a shame....

(11-10-2015, 12:07 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Not really....IT's how you keep yourself form getting hurt.  The system is in place so that the officers can safely conduct their business and if the over reach the citizen has recourse.  It does not provide the citizen with authority to defend with violence.  These kids should have simply complied and if their rights were violated they then get a lawyer.

Agreed. Police have a difficult job, and while they may receive a good deal of thanks, they are faced much more often and more directly with animosity. In this digital era there is almost always going to be a way to bring actions against the police after the fact, but if you resist in the immediate then you have done nothing but escalated the situation. Comply, be polite, take down a badge number of whatever, and file a complaint. That's the best way to ensure everyone's safety.
(11-10-2015, 12:07 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Not really....IT's how you keep yourself form getting hurt.  The system is in place so that the officers can safely conduct their business and if the over reach the citizen has recourse.  It does not provide the citizen with authority to defend with violence.  These kids should have simply complied and if their rights were violated they then get a lawyer.

As long as there is video...
(11-10-2015, 12:33 PM)GMDino Wrote: As long as there is video...

more and more states are moving to chest cams as well.  Just recently an officer was charged for overstepping based on the chest cam.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

(11-10-2015, 12:33 PM)GMDino Wrote: As long as there is video...

Even without the video you can file a complaint. There are often witnesses. The biggest thing, though, is that if you do nothing to resist, if you comply, 99.9% of the time nothing will happen to endanger you. Your rights may be violated in some way, but if you take that complaint to the department rather than "I was resisting because he was overreaching and so he whipped my ass" it goes in your favor a lot more easily.
(11-10-2015, 12:30 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Agreed. Police have a difficult job, and while they may receive a good deal of thanks, they are faced much more often and more directly with animosity. In this digital era there is almost always going to be a way to bring actions against the police after the fact, but if you resist in the immediate then you have done nothing but escalated the situation. Comply, be polite, take down a badge number of whatever, and file a complaint. That's the best way to ensure everyone's safety.

Notice those filming in the house being polite and quiet were fine. The girl shrieking over the cop the entire time and the guy resisting and the ones having a bad time....if they were just polite from the get go....and this video doesn't show what happened when the cops first got there. How many times they asked him to step outside or what he said before hand.
(11-10-2015, 12:38 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: more and more states are moving to chest cams as well.  Just recently an officer was charged for overstepping based on the chest cam.

(11-10-2015, 12:41 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Even without the video you can file a complaint. There are often witnesses. The biggest thing, though, is that if you do nothing to resist, if you comply, 99.9% of the time nothing will happen to endanger you. Your rights may be violated in some way, but if you take that complaint to the department rather than "I was resisting because he was overreaching and so he whipped my ass" it goes in your favor a lot more easily.

Let me know when they are found guilty of anything.  

What's the point of having rights and knowing them if you're told your best bet is be quite let the officer do whatever and then "file a complaint"?

NOTE: I am not suggesting resisting or being violent toward the officers.  I'm ASKING if you know your rights why ALLOW them to violated if you can protest in a peaceful manner?
(11-10-2015, 12:51 PM)GMDino Wrote: Let me know when they are found guilty of anything.  

What's the point of having rights and knowing them if you're told your best bet is be quite let the officer do whatever and then "file a complaint"?

NOTE: I am not suggesting resisting or being violent toward the officers.  I'm ASKING if you know your rights why ALLOW them to violated if you can protest in a peaceful manner?

Rights are all about recourse. 

(11-10-2015, 12:55 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Rights are all about recourse. 

And not getting beaten and then  "filing a complaint"?
(11-10-2015, 12:51 PM)GMDino Wrote: Let me know when they are found guilty of anything.  

Wouldn't a peaceful protest had been not opening the door, without a warrant,  In the first place ?