Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Watching Bengals/Steelers on TV?
I've watched or streamed EVERY game so far, this season - but, I don't think I can bring myself to watch the Bengals/Steelers game, even though it will be on regular TV here in central PA.

I just KNOW that some bullshit call or penalty, or non-call (ALL GOING AGAINST THE BENGALS) will piss me off to the point that I've learned from the past that it's just better to NOT watch.

Anyone else gonna skip watching this game to save their blood pressure and health?
Reply/Quote
I can't do that. I have no control over this. That is all.
Reply/Quote
Must. Watch.
Reply/Quote
Why wouldn't you watch the biggest game of the year?
[Image: sig2.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Nah, I'll be watching. This season is crazy, and there are a bunch of upsets. No team seems to be killing it (besides maybe the Eagles). I would be scared of even making any bets this year.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2017, 12:10 AM)Tomkat Wrote: I've watched or streamed EVERY game so far, this season - but, I don't think I can bring myself to watch the Bengals/Steelers game, even though it will be on regular TV here in central PA.

I just KNOW that some bullshit call or penalty, or non-call (ALL GOING AGAINST THE BENGALS) will piss me off to the point that I've learned from the past that it's just better to NOT watch.

Anyone else gonna skip watching this game to save their blood pressure and health?

Tiger Who Dey Dancing Pitt Sux Dancing Who Dey Tiger ..........I'M WATCHING.  BENGALS WIN AND BOTH TEAM HAVE 3 LOSSES.  STEELERS WILL HAVE 1 MORE WHEN DUE TO BYE WEEK, BUT BENGALS WILL HAVE KEY WIN OVER STEELERS AND 2-! IN AFC NORTH.  ...GO BENGALS !!!!!
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I'm almost to the point of believing we'll win this one just because if we don't it pretty much eliminates the dramatic climax of pigBen making his miraculous comeback with 3 broken legs later in the season (not to mention the offensive juggernaut of the Ravens nobody seems to be paying any attention to) 
Now that there's the 'petition' to get rid of officiating bias (HAHAHA!) the league braintrust can't be appearing to be completely tone dead, just sort of tone deaf..
No, if the Squeelers are completely running away with everything viewers just won't tune in and it's still too early to suspend VB. That has to wait for the big game when we're right at the point of almost beating Pissburg and he gets the obligatory 2 personal fouls and twin 15 yard penalties and ejected just in time for lil Ben to ride off into the sunset as the great American hero . 

Don't call me cynical. Surely will do just fine. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
steelers v. bengals is one of the brightest moments in my year...

i'll have everything well planned out....make crock pot of chilli sat night so it's ready to go at noon sunday....
bought a gal of ORANGE juice to drink....& will drink out of my ORANGE bengals glass...
only use my ORANGE bic to light my bowl....
wear an ORANGE shirt...
Reply/Quote
Won't be home until 6 or later on Sunday, so I'll have the DVR set to watch it later. But, I probably won't be able to resist knowing what's happening, so I'll no doubt turn on the radio or the live tv feed at some point. When I see it's not going well I'll simply delete the DVR recording and find some hockey to watch and forget football for the rest of the day. Then we're on to Indianapolis.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Oh yes; I won’t miss this one! Ben Roethlisberger isn’t having a stellar season. If the Bengals can pressure him every time he drops back, things might be very uncomfortable for the Steelers.
Reply/Quote
Since the game got switched to the late broadcast, I will be seeing it in NC. You can bet your ass that I'll be watching, because if they don't win, it may be the last time I see them on broadcast this season.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2017, 12:10 AM)Tomkat Wrote: I've watched or streamed EVERY game so far, this season - but, I don't think I can bring myself to watch the Bengals/Steelers game, even though it will be on regular TV here in central PA.

If you want to try to find something that doesn't go your way you'll always find it. It's why so many people are unhappy. The refs could make 100 penalty calls and 95 calls right. 3 wrong could go the Bengals way, 2 wrong go the Steelers way, and all you'll focus on is those 2. 

If you want to be a whiner and not watch the game because you're already assuming Steelerism, go ahead. Stop trying to drag other people down with you.
Reply/Quote

My inner smart man tells me not watching is the way to go.  My inner idiot says screw that, you know you'll watch every minute.  The inner idiot isn't right much, but he'll be right come Sunday.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

I had thought I'd given up on the Bengals even after the Browns game and was fully planning on not watching the Bills game, but there I was, streaming the game on my tablet. So, no, I will NOT be skipping this game.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
*******. Sheez. Running around with your tale between your legs before the game even starts.

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2017, 11:20 AM)jeremydc Wrote: *******. Sheez. Running around with your tale between your legs before the game even starts.

How many times you gonna say the same damn thing before you figure it's enough.  I'm just curious.  At least you save your anger and indignation for the really important things.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I'll be that one guy rocking his Ken Riley jersey on the home side lol. A spec of orange in a sea of black and gold.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I'll be watching the Bengals beat the Steelers 30-27 this week. Personally, I don't care who wins as I think the Bengals won't make the playoffs this year either way. Our oline will let us down again.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
I am looking forward to watching the game, especially after a bye week.  I think Vontaze Burfict will be fun to watch.  It seems like he always makes a big play against the Steelers, like that time he tackled Le’Veon Bell by jumping on his shoulders and twisting him like a cork screw until his knees popped.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2017, 04:45 PM)OBX Bengal Wrote: I am looking forward to watching the game, especially after a bye week.  I think Vontaze Burfict will be fun to watch.  It seems like he always makes a big play against the Steelers, like that time he tackled Le’Veon Bell by jumping on his shoulders and twisting him like a cork screw until his knees popped.

That's what I'm talking about!  The Super Destroyer always kicks it up a notch, when playing the rivals.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote