Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Watching Lewis early teams...wow.
(11-15-2018, 01:14 PM)McC Wrote: Isn't it hard work being always sarcastic all the time about everything?  Doesn't seem worth the effort.  

It's called the Socratic method of arguing.  You present a point witch which I disagree, so I present it to you as if I believe it to be true and by doing so you see the inherent weakness in your argument.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2018, 01:35 PM)Nately120 Wrote: It's called the Socratic method of arguing.  You present a point witch which I disagree, so I present it to you as if I believe it to be true and by doing so you see the inherent weakness in your argument.  

Oh.  Okay.  Well, there you go.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2018, 01:25 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I agree with this but i also agree about the lack of swagger right now.

Have to have a little fire and even Burfict shown none in the Chiefs game. We need a DC that is a mean sumbitch
next year to bring some of this to this Defense. I like our players on Defense much better than what we had in 2005.

I want to see how much different the Defense is this Sunday with Marv taking over.

I wouldn't expected an all-out change in 1 week, but yes, there should be a little difference right away.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2018, 01:42 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I wouldn't expected an all-out change in 1 week, but yes, there should be a little difference right away.

Yeah but Austin was so passive it could look like night and day in 1 week.

Marv atleast has coached aggressive great Defenses in the past. Expecting much better than what we have seen
this season. More blitzing, better tackling and covering better with less cushion. Hated watching such a talented
player in William Jackson III just giving Michael Thomas the first down cause he would play so far off.

Happened many times where Will Jax was lined up past the 3rd down marker.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2018, 01:58 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah but Austin was so passive it could look like night and day in 1 week.

Marv atleast has coached aggressive great Defenses in the past. Expecting much better than what we have seen
this season. More blitzing, better tackling and covering better with less cushion. Hated watching such a talented
player in William Jackson III just giving Michael Thomas the first down cause he would play so far off.

Happened many times where Will Jax was lined up past the 3rd down marker.

Him, Dre, Phillips, Dennard (don't forget Dennard's catch percentage), all of have been playing too far off.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2018, 02:02 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Him, Dre, Phillips, Dennard (don't forget Dennard's catch percentage), all of have been playing too far off.

Yes, been really frustrating. Hope this ends. It is okay to give up a big play here and there as long as you don't just
consistently give up the first down every 3rd down lol
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2018, 02:11 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes, been really frustrating. Hope this ends. It is okay to give up a big play here and there as long as you don't just
consistently give up the first down every 3rd down lol
Aint that the truth!
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2018, 12:24 AM)spazz70 Wrote: BUT....31 INTs and 22 fumble recoveries in 2005....  That was what that team did....  Turnover machine

And that was the mantra of Austin's defense too. That's why I kept comparing him to Bresnahan.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-14-2018, 03:44 PM)impactplaya Wrote: I watching some games from 2005 and 2006 seasons.
I know the game was a bit different schematically
but talk about emotional contrast.
Marvins early Bengal teams had some confidence and swagger about them.
maybe thats the personalities of the roster collectively.
defensively guys were flying to the football.
the tackling was actual wrapping up eyes to the sky
even in that playoff loss to Pittsburgh
they still had confidence and drove the ball for 17 pts in the 1st half.
now today....
I see guys with none of that attitude overall.

I think you get beaten down from a culture perspective for not winning a playoff game in so long.

I appreciate all that Marvin has done here restoring us to atleast respectable...but that's why you make a HC change.

Imagine a guy like Mike Vrabel here or McVay if we hired him?
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2018, 12:24 AM)spazz70 Wrote: BUT....31 INTs and 22 fumble recoveries in 2005....  That was what that team did....  Turnover machine

Which goes to show that they were a turnover machine, not a tackling machine.

Also, did you know that the Bengals ranked in the top 5 of INTs from 2013-16.

And had MUCH better overall defenses and scoring defenses.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote