Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Watching the Game and Not......
caring what happened was a different feeling, kind of numb.

Anyone else watch todays game with that attitude?
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
Yup. No BP spikes. Nothing.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Nope, I wanted us to win
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Pretty much the same. I stopped worrying about the outcomes after the absolutely uninspired performance vs. Cleveland. I watch because the offseason is long and I'll miss football by the time March gets here.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2018, 10:23 PM)corpjet Wrote: caring what happened was a different feeling, kind of numb.

Started doing this a couple years ago, makes for a much better end to the weekend. This time of year I get a lot done on Sundays.
Reply/Quote
I watched like a scout. Who is worth keeping, who should be sent packing. When they went for 2 before the end of the half (with a pathetic play call again) I knew they weren't going to win....and then, with 10 seconds on the clock, the Chargers drive down the field and kick a FG. It is almost like Groundhog Day...every opponent MUST score right before the half.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2018, 08:36 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I watched like a scout.  Who is worth keeping, who should be sent packing.  When they went for 2 before the end of the half (with a pathetic play call again) I knew they weren't going to win....and then, with 10 seconds on the clock, the Chargers drive down the field and kick a FG.  It is almost like Groundhog Day...every opponent MUST score right before the half.

So whats your take on a few guys from your scouting eyes.....

Can C Boling be our everyday LT and can we cut or trade C Glenn and save that $$$$$

What young player(s) looked the best?

Can Billy Price get the job done at center?

Can we go with the younger CBs and cut Dre and save that $$$
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2018, 09:51 AM)corpjet Wrote: So whats your take on a few guys from your scouting eyes.....

Can C Boling be our everyday LT and can we cut or trade C Glenn and save that $$$$$

The thing with moving Clint to LT is he will want a raise.  I thought he looked good as usual out there.  If worst came to worst, you could play Glenn at LT and Boling at RT, or vice versa.

I was impressed with the Ringo kid a few times.  Looks like a nice practice squad find, but it's only one game.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2018, 10:23 PM)corpjet Wrote: caring what happened was a different feeling, kind of numb.

This has been the last 2 weeks for me.

Reply/Quote
Sue me, but the TD not given to Jeff and the extremely unlucky (for the Bengals) 59-yard field goal were the difference in yesterday's game. It made me feel good to see them play that well with a patchwork, second-string offense and a defense who had been getting kicked around for pretty much all year. I can't stop caring though I often wish I could and really hope the Bengals can win at least against the Raiders. After that, we'll see!
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2018, 09:56 AM)Wyche Wrote: The thing with moving Clint to LT is he will want a raise.  I thought he looked good as usual out there.  If worst came to worst, you could play Glenn at LT and Boling at RT, or vice versa.

I was impressed with the Ringo kid a few times.  Looks like a nice practice squad find, but it's only one game.

Im fine with swapping them, if Boling can play LT pay him and leave him there, he did well last year and this year

Ringo I see as a guy busting his are to make a team, played with energy and enthusiasm, thats what we need for the last couple of weeks, guys busting tail to make the team for 2019
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2018, 10:42 AM)corpjet Wrote: Im fine with swapping them, if Boling can play LT pay him and leave him there, he did well last year and this year

Ringo I see as a guy busting his are to make a team, played with energy and enthusiasm, thats what we need for the last couple of weeks, guys busting tail to make the team for 2019

Yup.....he has played very well at LT....especially for a LG. LOL 

Agreed.  We got a lot of effort out of Joe Mixon too.  Actually, aside from John Ross doing his best Ced O impersonation, we got a lot of good effort out of the team yesterday.  They got outclassed, but not necessarily outplayed, if that makes any sense.  Just not enough bullets left in the chamber, but they hung tough and were competitive in a game I saw them getting smoked in leading up to it.

There was some questionable play calls....like the 1st 2 point conversion, and the 4th & inches that should have been a sneak, IMO.  However, it was nice to see them get aggressive and go for it, just needed better plays.

All in all......I'd give them a C.  It's a far cry from the F's they've been earning over the last several weeks.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-10-2018, 10:22 AM)WiregrassBenGal Wrote: Sue me, but the TD not given to Jeff and the extremely unlucky (for the Bengals) 59-yard field goal were the difference in yesterday's game. It made me feel good to see them play that well with a patchwork, second-string offense and a defense who had been getting kicked around for pretty much all year. I can't stop caring though I often wish I could and really hope the Bengals can win at least against the Raiders. After that, we'll see!
This is funny because I just finished telling someone basically the same thing. Only the Bengals would get that touchdown reversed. BTW, it seems like every kicker in the league has his career longest field goal against the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2018, 09:51 AM)corpjet Wrote: So whats your take on a few guys from your scouting eyes.....

Clint gave up a lot of pressures in his rare stint at LT last year.  The rushing attack improved, however, which makes me wonder if Westerman should be out there at LG and maybe give Boling an offseason to try it?  

Price will improve, and is a very good long term prospect.  

Dre won't get cut because of much needed depth at the position.  
Reply/Quote

Yes, exactly how it was at my house as well, just well lets see what they can do hopefully get a few points on the board.  
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2018, 12:26 AM)Jonescincy Wrote: Started doing this a couple years ago, makes for a much better end to the weekend. This time of year I get a lot done on Sundays.

So true. It used to ruin the first half of my week when they lost. I can’t imagine going back to that life.

I’m like Peter Gibbons after the hypnosis in Office Space. The Bengals are Initech.
Reply/Quote