Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Watching the game on Thursday
The game is on Prime. If you are local to Cincinnati or the normal Cincinnati market (think pre-season games) you can watch the game on local tv. In Cincinnati that would be WLWT, channel 5.

If your only access will be Prime and you are not already a member, they offer a 30-day free trial. If you have used up that trial you can always build yourself another email address to use when signing up.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I’d recommend everyone watch it on Prime

Last i saw they had a bunch of cool features

Is Prime the one where you can choose to watch a specific player in real time?

Could’ve sworn someone started that last year
-Housh
Reply/Quote
WCPO (Channel 9) will be airing the game locally in Cincinnati.

https://www.wcpo.com/bengals-ravens-thursday-night-football
Reply/Quote
Good info given. Appreciate it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 04:29 PM)JumboTron Wrote: WCPO (Channel 9) will be airing the game locally in Cincinnati.

https://www.wcpo.com/bengals-ravens-thursday-night-football

thanks...I didn't realize channel 9 got the in season contract

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 04:23 PM)pally Wrote: The game is on Prime.  If you are local to Cincinnati or the normal Cincinnati market (think pre-season games) you can watch the game on local tv.  In Cincinnati that would be WLWT, channel 5.

If your only access will be Prime and you are not already a member, they offer a 30-day free trial.  If you have used up that trial you can always build yourself another email address to use when signing up.

My only question, pally, is if I watch it on Prime (and I'm going to since my wife signed up for it last year), will you still be able to spoil the plays for me on Discord?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 05:12 PM)PhilHos Wrote: My only question, pally, is if I watch it on Prime (and I'm going to since my wife signed up for it last year), will you still be able to spoil the plays for me on Discord?

lol...I can only try....which one of us will have the faster stream?  you may end spoiling me

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 05:40 PM)pally Wrote: lol...I can only try....which one of us will have the faster stream?  you may end spoiling me

Oh boy. I better have my heart medication ready to go if you're not spoiling me.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I have Prime and Discord, as well... maybe I'LL BE THE ONE SPOILING!!! :)
Reply/Quote
I have Prime but, luckily, being in Cincinnati, we'll get it locally.

Thank God because I went to a sports bar for the Texans game and they didn't have it, so we had to stream it off someone's phone (to a TV).

This game is a must-win and it should get pretty crazy!

(I presented at a high school up in Cincinnati all day today.)
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 10:40 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I have Prime but, luckily, being in Cincinnati, we'll get it locally.

Thank God because I went to a sports bar for the Texans game and they didn't have it, so we had to stream it off someone's phone (to a TV).

This sounds like the worst sports bar ever
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 10:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: This sounds like the worst sports bar ever

Wasn’t a sports bar. I mistyped but it was a restaurant with a bar that I normally watch games at.

Edit: the reason they didn’t have it was because they have like 20 TVs and they said they’d have to order it for each individual TV, even if they were only showing it on one.
Reply/Quote
Is that the case for cities close to but outside of Cincinnati?  Dayton is in the Bengals viewing market, they're the #1 team to be shown and we see pre-season games, but if the programming grids are to be believed, all Dayton network affiliates are showing their normal network programming, including the two channels (22 and 45) where Bengals pre-season games appear.   Now, that may be wrong and subject to change, but I believe I watched that Miami game last year on Prime, and the Bengals website seems to confirm that the game was on WCPO but no other local stations were mentioned for that game:

https://www.bengals.com/news/how-to-watch-dolphins-at-bengals-thursday-night-football-amazon-prime

We have Prime so it's no biggee, but I was curious if anyone saw anything that specifically mentioned Dayton, Columbus, Lexington, etc.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 04:23 PM)pally Wrote: The game is on Prime.  If you are local to Cincinnati or the normal Cincinnati market (think pre-season games) you can watch the game on local tv.  In Cincinnati that would be WLWT, channel 5.

If your only access will be Prime and you are not already a member, they offer a 30-day free trial.  If you have used up that trial you can always build yourself another email address to use when signing up.

I do not get WLWT in north Dayton Ohio area north of Huber Heights.  I also pay more than enough for TV, Internet, Phone along with all other bills.  So I'm not adding Prime.  I'm retired and on fixed income Social Security.  Being retired, I will take a nap in the day to be awake at midnight to watch the game on NFL Network broadcast from about midnight to 3 or 4 in the morning.  Not going on this site or Fantasy site, I will not know the score when I turn on NFL Network, maybe even missing start of game, to avoid a pre replay recap score show.  Hopefully at 3 or 4 in morning, I can celebrate a Bengals Victory breakfast of Jimmy Dean Biscuits and Gravy micro bowls. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 11:43 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Wasn’t a sports bar. I mistyped but it was a restaurant with a bar that I normally watch games at.

Edit: the reason they didn’t have it was because they have like 20 TVs and they said they’d have to order it for each individual TV, even if they were only showing it on one.

Imagine a place in the Cincinnati viewing market that can't get broadcast TV channels without having to pay extra for them..  A simple digital antenna should do the trick for those situations.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 10:40 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I have Prime but, luckily, being in Cincinnati, we'll get it locally.

I'm curious how you were able to do that? A year or two ago, whenever it was that Thurs Night Football went to the Prime, the failed to cover about 4 or 5 games that season. Of course, the Bengals were one of the games they didn't show. So I attempted to stream off my phone to a smart tv in the house. I attempted using the casting app, and it was working perfect... until the game came on. Then I got a big message saying the NFL blocks screen casting in all forms. I wound up having to watch the whole game on my phone. So what is the workaround on this? 
Reply/Quote
We get it on Canadian channels, after the first year of Prime Games were only on NFLN (which I always have as well), so we can get away with not having Prime, up here in Canada.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2023, 10:16 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I'm curious how you were able to do that? A year or two ago, whenever it was that Thurs Night Football went to the Prime, the failed to cover about 4 or 5 games that season. Of course, the Bengals were one of the games they didn't show. So I attempted to stream off my phone to a smart tv in the house. I attempted using the casting app, and it was working perfect... until the game came on. Then I got a big message saying the NFL blocks screen casting in all forms. I wound up having to watch the whole game on my phone. So what is the workaround on this? 

I have no idea honestly. 

We were all sitting at the bar and dude pulls out his phone and gets it on.

Like I said, I think he was streaming it somehow because I don't think that place got Prime either.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2023, 12:38 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I have no idea honestly. 

We were all sitting at the bar and dude pulls out his phone and gets it on.

Like I said, I think he was streaming it somehow because I don't think that place got Prime either.

You can stream it on your mobile device, however the NFL blocks screen mirroring or casting. I'd love to know how he got around that for future usage.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2023, 10:16 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I'm curious how you were able to do that? A year or two ago, whenever it was that Thurs Night Football went to the Prime, the failed to cover about 4 or 5 games that season. Of course, the Bengals were one of the games they didn't show. So I attempted to stream off my phone to a smart tv in the house. I attempted using the casting app, and it was working perfect... until the game came on. Then I got a big message saying the NFL blocks screen casting in all forms. I wound up having to watch the whole game on my phone. So what is the workaround on this? 

My son always casts from his phone to our TV when he is visiting on a game day. He has a paid NFL account for watching games, so possibly that is the key for casting from a phone. 
Reply/Quote