Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Watson Deal- How Do Teammates Feel?
One aspect I don't think we've covered about Watson is how his teammates feel about giving a scumbag that will be suspended for 11 games the richest contract in NFL history when he's not even all that great?

Will it cause problems in the locker room? Even if players aren't saying it, don't they have to be at least a little mad deep down?

Will it impact their play?
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2022, 10:47 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: One aspect I don't think we've covered about Watson is how his teammates feel about giving a scumbag that will be suspended for 11 games the richest contract in NFL history when he's not even all that great?

Will it cause problems in the locker room? Even if players aren't saying it, don't they have to be at least a little mad deep down?

Who knows?  The one thing I'm fairly certain about is this: you are probably not a good predictor of what NFL players think.  
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2022, 12:14 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Who knows?  The one thing I'm fairly certain about is this: you are probably not a good predictor of what NFL players think.  

So you think that NFL players are happy that the Browns gave a guy that did all that, that will be suspended, and has brought lots of negative attention to the Browns, a record-breaking contract and more money than any of them will ever dream about seeing?

Seems pretty obviously to me that they wouldn't be happy, but go on and explain how they logically aren't upset with it.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2022, 02:40 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: So you think that NFL players are happy that the Browns gave a guy that did all that, that will be suspended, and has brought lots of negative attention to the Browns, a record-breaking contract and more money than any of them will ever dream about seeing?

Seems pretty obviously to me that they wouldn't be happy, but go on and explain how they logically aren't upset with it.

I’ll reiterate my initial response, since it seems to have escaped you: “Who knows?”

Unlike you, I will not pretend to have such a confident understanding of being in the shoes of Browns players. I have not met the guy. I have not heard his side of the story first hand. I have also never experienced the priveliged lifestyle of either a Division I nor an NFL player. These are just some of the factors that may lead them to having a different perspective than you.

I hate to break it to you, Brad, but your perspective on the world isn’t necessarily universal. What’s obvious to you may not be so obvious to someone with different experiences and worldviews.

So, I’ll state my original response one more time: Who Knows?

Would they be upset by his signing? I’d like to think so. But, I’ve lived long enough to know that people who aren’t me don’t always see things the way I do.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2022, 10:47 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: One aspect I don't think we've covered about Watson is how his teammates feel about giving a scumbag that will be suspended for 11 games the richest contract in NFL history when he's not even all that great?

I doubt they’ll be upset with Watson. However, it could make players lose faith in the FO. Specially when you know regardless how good you perform, your not going to get much reward financially since they have so much invested in 1 player. The fact he isn’t playing seems irrelevant.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2022, 08:28 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: I’ll reiterate my initial response, since it seems to have escaped you: “Who knows?”  

Unlike you, I will not pretend to have such a confident understanding  of being in the shoes of Browns players. I have not met the guy.  I have not heard his side of the story first hand.  I have also never experienced  the priveliged lifestyle of either a Division I nor an NFL player.  These are just some of the factors that may lead them to having a different perspective than you.  

I hate to break it to you, Brad, but your perspective on the world isn’t necessarily universal.  What’s obvious to you may not be so obvious to someone with different experiences and worldviews.

Would they be upset by his signing?  I’d like to think so.  But, I’ve lived long enough to know that people who aren’t me don’t always see things the way I do.

The NFL, basically is telling everyone, its oK to grab women by the Pu$$y and be rewarded for it. If I were his teammate I dont think I would be too into him being the leader that a QB is supposed to be ...and if thats not there, big problems winning games.  
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2022, 08:28 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: I’ll reiterate my initial response, since it seems to have escaped you: “Who knows?”  

Unlike you, I will not pretend to have such a confident understanding  of being in the shoes of Browns players. I have not met the guy.  I have not heard his side of the story first hand.  I have also never experienced  the priveliged lifestyle of either a Division I nor an NFL player.  These are just some of the factors that may lead them to having a different perspective than you.  

I hate to break it to you, Brad, but your perspective on the world isn’t necessarily universal.  What’s obvious to you may not be so obvious to someone with different experiences and worldviews.

Would they be upset by his signing?  I’d like to think so.  But, I’ve lived long enough to know that people who aren’t me don’t always see things the way I do.

Unlike you, I understand that the Browns players are human beings and have morals, just like every other person.

Most NFL players don't consider themselves above the standards that the rest of us live by.

You haven't heard his side of the story first hand, so you think that 20+ women are making it up with just ironically similar details?

I hate to break it to you, but my perspective of the world, when considering this issue, is pretty universal to anyone outside of the Steelers fanbase because everyone else thinks that sexual misconduct and rape, regardless if you're an NFL quarterback, is wrong.

Let's ignore the rape for this and please explain this to me: how my perspective that sexual misconduct is wrong is not a view shared by the very high majority of people in this country?
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2022, 02:50 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Unlike you, I understand that the Browns players are human beings and have morals, just like every other person.

Most NFL players don't consider themselves above the standards that the rest of us live by.

You haven't heard his side of the story first hand, so you think that 20+ women are making it up with just ironically similar details?

I hate to break it to you, but my perspective of the world, when considering this issue, is pretty universal to anyone outside of the Steelers fanbase because everyone else thinks that sexual misconduct and rape, regardless if you're an NFL quarterback, is wrong.

Let's ignore the rape for this and please explain this to me: how my perspective that sexual misconduct is wrong is not a view shared by the very high majority of people in this country?

You ever hear of any Bengals players speaking out against Frosted Rucker. Surely there are guys on the team with daughters right now. Joe Mixon seems pretty well liked in the locker room. I don't think your opinion of Watson is wrong. Just think guys mind their own business.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2022, 06:03 PM)jason Wrote: You ever hear of any Bengals players speaking out against Frosted Rucker. Surely there are guys on the team with daughters right now. Joe Mixon seems pretty well liked in the locker room. I don't think your opinion of Watson is wrong. Just think guys mind their own business.

Exactly.  Or at least the possibility that they do is likely enough to avoid making blanket assumptions.  
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2022, 11:15 AM)kalibengal Wrote: The NFL, basically is telling everyone, its oK to grab women by the Pu$$y and be rewarded for it. If I were his teammate I dont think I would be too into him being the leader that a QB is supposed to be ...and if thats not there, big problems winning games.  

Interesting that you use that phrase, because the OP, who expects that all NFL players will shun sexual predators, is still - to my knowledge -  a supporter of the guy who coined it.  
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2022, 11:18 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Interesting that you use that phrase, because the OP, who expects that all NFL players will shun sexual predators, is still - to my knowledge -  a supporter of the guy who coined it.  

Did he ever do it or did he just say it?

Please tell me you're not relating a man saying something to a man sexually assaulting 29(??) women? 

That's a new one......... even from a Steelers fan.
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2022, 12:55 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Did he ever do it or did he just say it?

Please tell me you're not relating a man saying something to a man sexually assaulting 29(??) women? 

That's a new one......... even from a Steelers fan.

Seriously?

The 26 Women Who Have Accused Trump of Sexual Misconduct (businessinsider.com)

When this happens to a non-Bengal player you believe the accusers every time.  What's the difference?  
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2022, 01:54 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Seriously?  

The 26 Women Who Have Accused Trump of Sexual Misconduct (businessinsider.com)

When this happens to a non-Bengal player you believe the accusers every time.  What's the difference?  

First off, you have to look at specific alllegations:

1 Lady claimed Trump groped her on an airplane in the 70s, but no one saw it? She waits until Trump is running for office to bring it out? That seems believable.

Rolleyes

2. Early 90s and Trump slide his hand up her skirt in a public place but no one else saw?

Rolleyes

She also didn't mention it publicly (besides to friends) until Trump ran for office?

Rolleyes

3. You briefly date someone that sexually assaults you?

Rolleyes

4. She says Trump tried to kiss her at a public event at his estate?

Rolleyes

5. Kissed her in a public place?

Rolleyes

6. He grabbed her arm and then his hand touched the side of her breast?

WOW. Call Access Hollywood!

7. Wrong but nothing compared to what Watson did. Nowhere near as bad. Not even worth mentioning in the same sentence.

I gotta go pick up prescription sunglasses but I'm guessing the rest of those are all ridiculous claims as wel.

How are those false claims from years ago as bad as the Browns signing a QB to a record breaking deal during an on-going situation?
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2022, 02:50 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: First off, you have to look at specific alllegations:

1 Lady claimed Trump groped her on an airplane in the 70s, but no one saw it? She waits until Trump is running for office to bring it out? That seems believable.

Rolleyes

2. Early 90s and Trump slide his hand up her skirt in a public place but no one else saw?

Rolleyes

She also didn't mention it publicly (besides to friends) until Trump ran for office?

Rolleyes

3. You briefly date someone that sexually assaults you?

Rolleyes

4. She says Trump tried to kiss her at a public event at his estate?

Rolleyes

5. Kissed her in a public place?

Rolleyes

6. He grabbed her arm and then his hand touched the side of her breast?

WOW. Call Access Hollywood!

7. Wrong but nothing compared to what Watson did. Nowhere near as bad. Not even worth mentioning in the same sentence.

I gotta go pick up prescription sunglasses but I'm guessing the rest of those are all ridiculous claims as wel.

How are those false claims from years ago as bad as the Browns signing a QB to a record breaking deal during an on-going situation?

I always wondered how hard you’d have worked to defend Ben if he were a Bengal. Now I know. Thanks for the demonstration.
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2022, 06:20 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: I always wondered how hard you’d have worked to defend Ben if he were a Bengal. Now I know. Thanks for the demonstration.

You're comparing anything I mentioned with Ben raping women?

Wow.

Steelers fans really have no shame..........
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2022, 08:37 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: You're comparing anything I mentioned with Ben raping women?

Wow.

Steelers fans really have no shame..........

I did nothing of the sort. The degree of offense is irelevant. I’m not comparing which is worse; I’m focusing on your partialism. You present yourself as a hater of sexual misconduct of any sort, but you find every reason to dismiss allegations of it when you have reasons to like the accused.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2022, 05:36 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: I did nothing of the sort. The degree of offense is irelevant. I’m not comparing which is worse; I’m focusing on your partialism. You present yourself as a hater of sexual misconduct of any sort, but you find every reason to dismiss allegations of it when you have reasons to like the accused.

Completely false.

You’re comparing allegations of minor offenses to something as major as rape, which is one of the worse things you can do, to justify being on with cheering for and supporting a rapist yet condemning a man, who admittedly isn’t an Angel, to fit your narrative.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2022, 09:32 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Completely false.

You’re comparing allegations of minor offenses to something as major as rape, which is one of the worse things you can do, to justify being on with cheering for and supporting a rapist yet condemning a man, who admittedly isn’t an Angel, to fit your narrative.

Trump was accused of rape.  

I’m not saying he did it, but I’m not saying he didn’t either.  That’s the same approach I’ve taken with players who have been accused.  I simply don’t know.

But you, on the other hand, profess complete confidence in your assessment of guilt for some and innocence for others.  Funnily enough, those determinations all seem to fall along the lines of whether or not you like/support that person. So which one of us is shaping things to fit his narrative?  
Reply/Quote
[Image: 6rar1g.jpg]

Brad, I am ready to be your wingman on all Watson is a POS threads!
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2022, 10:22 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: [Image: 6rar1g.jpg]

Brad, I am ready to be your wingman on all Watson is a POS threads!
Hilarious 

Hell yeah brother! 

He's the scum of the NFL and the Browns making that deal makes me feel like having a traumatic brain injury isn't so bad!

Hilarious 

I still can't grasp why the hell they would do this!

All their common sense and decency must have left town with the team when they moved to Baltimore!
Reply/Quote