Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Watson to meet with teams
I'm glad Pittsburgh isn't on the list of teams he's meeting with. Of course, Schefter does say, "among other teams," but it appears Carolina and NO are the leading teams trying to acquire him.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 12:42 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I'm glad Pittsburgh isn't on the list of teams he's meeting with. Of course, Schefter does say, "among other teams," but it appears Carolina and NO are the leading teams trying to acquire him.

ultimately his no trade clause will help him dictate where he goes..

His court case get settled?
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 12:51 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: ultimately his no trade clause will help him dictate where he goes..

His court case get settled?

No criminal charges against him & it sounds like he's still got civil cases to deal with. NFL reporters say the civil cases won't concern teams and they'll still try and trade for him.
Reply/Quote
He’s meeting with the Browns today. I sincerely hope he ends up somewhere in the NFC. The list of elite young QB’s already in the AFC is long enough.

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 12:51 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: His court case get settled?

IMO that doesn’t matter much to me. He still might have to face Goodell and his random and arbitrary punishments.

He may not be serving jail time, but ole Roge just might give him half a season anyway. 

I wouldnt touch him with a 10 foot pole. 
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 11:26 AM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: IMO that doesn’t matter much to me. He still might have to face Goodell and his random and arbitrary punishments.

He may not be serving jail time, but ole Roge just might give him half a season anyway. 

I wouldnt touch him with a 10 foot pole. 

Some team will though
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 06:58 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He’s meeting with the Browns today. I sincerely hope he ends up somewhere in the NFC. The list of elite young QB’s already in the AFC is long enough.

You gotta think that if the Browns are bringing him in they HAVE to close the deal. The GM just gonna turn to Baker and shrug after that?

Similarly hope he ends up in the NFC.
Reply/Quote
The Falcons have entered the Watson sweepstakes. STAY OUTTA CLE BI***
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
Unless Lamar Jackson is re-signing for RB money, I'd be looking into Watson if I were the Ravens. Not that I want him in our division, let alone our conference.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 11:27 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Some team will though

Probably. There's definitely a team dumb enough to do it. 
Reply/Quote
I certainly believe Watson is a better QB than Mayfield overall, but he'd be hard pressed to dominate the Bengals defense like Baker has. I'd be glad to see him gone myself.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 07:43 PM)ElkValleyBengal Wrote: I certainly believe Watson is a better QB than Mayfield overall, but he'd be hard pressed to dominate the Bengals defense like Baker has.  I'd be glad to see him gone myself.

The Browns making efforts to get Watson makes me think that Baker is headed out the door, regardless.  Either the Browns get Watson and trade Baker soon, or Baker plays out his lame duck year and either tells the Browns to "make it better" by giving him $40+ million a year or he becomes a FA and tries to cash in elsewhere. So the Browns seem guaranteed to be sans Baker by 2023 at the latest OR they have to give him a franchise-killing contract.

If the Browns continue to blow things, Watson will sign in NO or Carolina and they'll have alienated Baker for nothing and Baker will go to another team and become the next Drew Brees.  That'd be the Brownsiest thing ever...well, not really since no QB has left Cleveland to do anything of note, but you get the idea.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 10:23 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: is Bakers old Coach on the Raiders now?

A better question would be if Baker is the kind of player that his old coaches would bring in or avoid.  The Raiders seem determined to roll with Carr until 2057.
Reply/Quote
What I am seeing and hearing ATM is that Watson is picking NOLA but it is close with Panthers. Browns are out. But anything can happen.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 01:34 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: What I am seeing and hearing ATM is that Watson is picking NOLA but it is close with Panthers.  Browns are out.  But anything can happen.

Oh man, that home is wrecked!  This is entertaining stuff.
Reply/Quote
Watson is joining the Browns.

-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 01:45 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Oh man, that home is wrecked!  This is entertaining stuff.

oh crap
I guess dude changed his mind.  This is wild
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 04:55 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: oh crap
I guess dude changed his mind.  This is wild

Now what?  Is Baker saying he's going to do the "prove it" thing this year like he's Aaron Rodgers, or something?

Hold crap, Watson is going to the Browns.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 04:57 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Now what?  Is Baker saying he's going to do the "prove it" thing this year like he's Aaron Rodgers, or something?

The way Browns did Baker I have no idea.  Browns and their fans are toxic to me
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote