Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
National Chili Dog Day - 7/28
Surprised no one has posted this, but it's very important...

TODAY IS NATIONAL CHILI DOG DAY!

There are a few places around Cincy doing free/discounted cheese coneys - Gold Star, Skyline, and the Root Beer Stande in Dayton (not to be confused with the RBS in Sharonville).
https://www.daytondailynews.com/what-to-know/national-chili-dog-day-where-you-can-score-free-coneys-more/KQ4UHBRQEVBEJLRWSP6DA5UYJM/

Since there's no Skyline in TN, I plan to make my own. Went out and bought some canned Skyline from Kroger earlier today for it.

Who Dey  Who Dey
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Dang it and I'm sitting here eating beef n noodles.

You have canned Skyline in Tenn. ? Surprised
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2022, 06:02 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Dang it and I'm sitting here eating beef n noodles.

Kroger is here in TN. It's $5.50 a can though lol.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Got mine from Freddy's Steakburger with a side of onion rings.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Already ate dinner but I might have to get Über Ears or DoorDash to drop me off some coneys later!

Just another reason why Cincinnati IS THE BOMB!
Reply/Quote
I love me some chili dogs! They usually give me the high pressure squirts, but that doesn't stop me from eating 3, 4, 5 at a time. No pain, no gain. Shoot, now I'm hungry and my booty hole is puckering. LOL
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2022, 06:02 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Dang it and I'm sitting here eating beef n noodles.

We have it in Western PA too. Was surprised when we moved here.
I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude!
Reply/Quote
I love chili dogs. Got to have slaw, though.

Sonic used to be my favorite fast food because they had slaw for their chili dogs, but they haven't in years.

There is a fast food chain down here called Cook Out that is the only place I know of now.

A good dog on a fresh bun with mustard, chili, onions, cheese, and slaw is one of my absolute favorite foods.
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2022, 03:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I love chili dogs.  Got to have slaw, though.

Sonic used to be my favorite fast food because they had slaw for their chili dogs, but they haven't in years.

There is a fast food chain down here called Cook Out that is the only place I know of now.

A good dog on a fresh bun with mustard, chili, onions, cheese, and slaw is one of my absolute favorite foods.

fast food aint food at all. its poison. so nasty that folks put that stuff in there body. ill take some vinison or sqrirrel or rabbit anyday over fast food burgers or hotdogs or so called chicken parts.
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2022, 04:09 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: fast food aint food at all. its poison. so nasty that folks put that stuff in there body. ill take some vinison or sqrirrel or rabbit anyday over fast food burgers or hotdogs or so called chicken parts.

I certainly understand a difference in tastes.  Eat whatever you like.

But fast food is not poison.  

Why does everyone have to go for the high-drama, extremist position on everything these days?
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2022, 03:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I love chili dogs.  Got to have slaw, though.

Go to the mountains of West Virginia, they put slaw on everything. 

It does not bother me per I like slaw but it seemed to bother a lot of my coworkers. 

Usually just keep it simple with mustard, onion, and chili, yet will never discard slaw or cheese if added. 

Lonnies Best Taste of Chicago is the best dogs for me in the Ville. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2022, 04:48 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I certainly understand a difference in tastes.  Eat whatever you like.

But fast food is not poison.  

Why does everyone have to go for the high-drama, extremist position on everything these days?

so science is drama extremist?

https://thehill.com/changing-america/well-being/prevention-cures/578913-scientists-find-shocking-amount-of-toxic/
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2022, 06:04 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: so science is drama extremist?

https://thehill.com/changing-america/well-being/prevention-cures/578913-scientists-find-shocking-amount-of-toxic/

Actually, yes, this is a PERFECT example of drama-queen level extremism.

Do you consider bananas to be "poison" because they contain radioactive potassium?

If you go for the drama and ignore the level of the dosage you can claim that EVERYTHING is poison.
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2022, 05:02 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Go to the mountains of West Virginia, they put slaw on everything. 

It does not bother me per I like slaw but it seemed to bother a lot of my coworkers. 

Usually just keep it simple with mustard, onion, and chili, yet will never discard slaw or cheese if added. 

Lonnies Best Taste of Chicago is the best dogs for me in the Ville. 

I was a kid and got my first taste of a slaw dog. In St. Albans, WV at a little league game. Amazing and the start of a lifelong permanent place on my culinary specialties. I got to have a dog that snaps on the bite, soft absorbent bun, mustard, dill spear, creamy slaw.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2022, 10:18 PM)bengals1969 Wrote: I was a kid and got my first taste of a slaw dog. In St. Albans, WV at a little league game. Amazing and the start of a lifelong permanent place on my culinary specialties. I got to have a dog that snaps on the bite, soft absorbent bun, mustard, dill spear, creamy slaw.

Sounds tasty  

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote