Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Watt leaving Texans?
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/j-j-watt-s-teammates-and-coaches-reportedly-believe-he-s-played-his-last-game-as-a-texan/ar-BB1deJx2?ocid=msedgdhp

I just wonder if he has anything left in the tank for what he would cost.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2021, 05:28 PM)Sled21 Wrote: https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/j-j-watt-s-teammates-and-coaches-reportedly-believe-he-s-played-his-last-game-as-a-texan/ar-BB1deJx2?ocid=msedgdhp

maybe a 1yr deal at 5M ...looks like damaged good at this stage
Reply/Quote
Will he lay down against Pittsburgh or will he step it up in the brother competition?

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Hate him, don’t want him.
Reply/Quote
5 sacks, 14 TFLs, 7 PD, and 17 QB hits in 2020. He might not be the same JJ Watt from 2012 but he is still a good player who would start for us day 1.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I would HATE if he went to Pittsburgh. If they developed a run game, they could be a serious super bowl threat with that defense.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2021, 08:52 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I would HATE if he went to Pittsburgh. If they developed a run game, they could be a serious super bowl threat with that defense.

And a qb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2021, 09:24 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: And a qb

You can win with a janky QB if your run game and defense is the best.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2021, 08:41 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Hate him, don’t want him.

I don't hate him, but I don't really like him. I really would not like him in a Stealers uniform celebrating hits on Burrow with his AH brother. He might be the edge rusher we need opposite Lawson.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2021, 09:44 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I don't hate him, but I don't really like him. I really would not like him in a Stealers uniform celebrating hits on Burrow with his AH brother. He might be the edge rusher we need opposite Lawson.
Maybe DJ Reader plays a little backdoor GM and lures him in ? Lets face it......the Team needs some vet leadership and he does bring that + hes better then what we have at Left End (Kareem, Hubbard). I would be cool with Watt and Lawson as our starter ends .
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2021, 09:28 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: You can win with a janky QB if your run game and defense is the best.

2 big ifs. Their lb corps was wrecked by injury and Ben is showing signs of steep decline

Reply/Quote
I don’t expect him to come here if he truly is done. He is likely to go to a title contender and finish out his career. Would love to have him, though.
Reply/Quote
I only want him if he wears that stupid letterman jacket to the contract signing. 

[Image: i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2018%2F0904%2Fr426180_1...format=jpg]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I’d welcome Watt to pair with Lawson and Hubbard. Being part of a rotation could extend his career. Could be a good fit. We need an edge to put our defense over the top. This would enable us to not have to reach for one in the draft. Grab the best OT in the 1st round. Sign a solid guard in FA. Draft another. If we could get Watt on a reasonably priced deal, it would be nice for sure. Lawson won’t be cheap though. Combined, the two of them would command a lot, not to mention our other re-signings—and a potential guard. I’d welcome the move. But it does come with risk as Lawson is injury prone as well.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2021, 01:00 PM)kalibengal Wrote: Maybe DJ Reader plays a little backdoor GM and lures him in ? Lets face it......the Team needs some vet leadership and he does bring that + hes better then what we have at Left End (Kareem, Hubbard). I would be cool with Watt and Lawson as our starter ends .

Leadship is fine and dandy but can he still produce at a level worth a roster spot.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2021, 04:27 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I only want him if he wears that stupid letterman jacket to the contract signing. 

[Image: i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2018%2F0904%2Fr426180_1...format=jpg]

I want him to keep wearin' Texans gear during his entire stint in Cincinnati.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2021, 10:02 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Leadship is fine and dandy but can he still produce at a level worth a roster spot.

Yes but not at 17 million a year probably more in the range of  8 million. He had a good season last year and I personally would take him as a 1 or 2 year rental.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2021, 05:28 PM)Sled21 Wrote: https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/j-j-watt-s-teammates-and-coaches-reportedly-believe-he-s-played-his-last-game-as-a-texan/ar-BB1deJx2?ocid=msedgdhp

He'll go to PIT to play with his brother, IMO.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-05-2021, 03:46 PM)ochocincos Wrote: He'll go to PIT to play with his brother, IMO.

....and end up murdering Joe Burrow because Mike Brown doesn't upgrade the interior OL.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2021, 03:46 PM)ochocincos Wrote: He'll go to PIT to play with his brother, IMO.

Brothers. All 3 douches on the same team.
Reply/Quote