Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Watt leaving Texans?
(02-09-2021, 11:16 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Brothers. All 3 douches on the same team.

I forgot Derek was on the team too. Good catch!
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
They just officially released him. Do we make a run for him? DJ Reader would certainly want that I'm sure.
Reply/Quote
He only had 9 sacks over the last 2 seasons, and his best days are clearly behind him, but our pass rush is so bad if the price was right it would make sense.

Reply/Quote
He isn't coming here to a team picking in the top 5. At his age, he will be looking to chase a ring, and that isn't here in our current state.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2021, 12:32 PM)Au165 Wrote: He isn't coming here to a team picking in the top 5. At his age, he will be looking to chase a ring, and that isn't here in our current state.

If he's confident in his abilities then that shouldn't matter. Joining a team and being a part of a tremendous turn around would make for a better story. However, yeah, not sure what he has that he hasnt already shown for the last 2 years.

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2021, 12:58 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: If he's confident in his abilities then that shouldn't matter. Joining a team and being a part of a tremendous turn around would make for a better story. However, yeah, not sure what he has that he hasnt already shown for the last 2 years.

I mean, I am confident in my abilities but if I am changing jobs I am not going to go to a historically bad company just because I am confident. I have succeeded in life and I am going to go to a place that will help me continue to succeed. The story for JJ Watt has been written for the most part, the only thing left is to get a ring so that will be a focus.
Reply/Quote
The problem he will have is that a lot of the teams that he would go to in order to chase a ring can't afford him unless he takes a major pay cut. You would think his first choice would be the Steelers but they are in deep doo doo capwise.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2021, 01:08 PM)Au165 Wrote: I mean, I am confident in my abilities but if I am changing jobs I am not going to go to a historically bad company just because I am confident. I have succeeded in life and I am going to go to a place that will help me continue to succeed. The story for JJ Watt has been written for the most part, the only thing left is to get a ring so that will be a focus.

He's probably going to go to whoever gives him the best contract, since it is most likely the last one he will sign.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2021, 01:48 PM)Sled21 Wrote: He's probably going to go to whoever gives him the best contract, since it is most likely the last one he will sign.

He has earned 100 Million in his career just in football contracts, that is aside from millions in endorsements. I am guessing he will do like some of the other guys we have seen and take a strong discount to chase a ring. 
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2021, 01:48 PM)Sled21 Wrote: He's probably going to go to whoever gives him the best contract, since it is most likely the last one he will sign.

Did you see his press conference after the Bengals game...money, while important to every player, has never been JJ Watts sole motivator

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Watt would be a perfect fit for us; whether he would want to be here is another question?

Why he fits
1.) Scheme fit and prototype fit
2.) Wouldn't cost us any future comp picks
3.) Mentor for the young guys the Bengals will bring in draft
4.) A Watt, Hubbard, Lawson, Reader, and Geno line sounds pretty good. Even if the Bengals release Geno that's still a pretty good line.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2021, 01:43 PM)pally Wrote: The problem he will have is that a lot of the teams that he would go to in order to chase a ring can't afford him unless he takes a major pay cut. You would think his first choice would be the Steelers but they are in deep doo doo capwise.

Wouldn't he rather go to a contender in order to win a ring?
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2021, 01:53 PM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: Wouldn't he rather go to a contender in order to win a ring?

Yeah, I'd think if he's looking for a contender in the AFCN, he's got to be looking at the Ravens. I think Burrow will get us there, but it has yet to be seen.
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2021, 02:20 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Yeah, I'd think if he's looking for a contender in the AFCN, he's got to be looking at the Ravens. I think Burrow will get us there, but it has yet to be seen.

Browns seem to be the favorite at the moment. 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/02/16/report-j-j-watt-seriously-considering-browns/

Whether or not someone believes Cleveland can be contenders isn't the point for me. Watt and Garrett would be a nasty duo. 
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2021, 02:40 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Browns seem to be the favorite at the moment. 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/02/16/report-j-j-watt-seriously-considering-browns/

Whether or not someone believes Cleveland can be contenders isn't the point for me. Watt and Garrett would be a nasty duo. 

Yeah that would be nasty but I seriously doubt he would sign with his brothers rival and want to face him twice a year. My bet it will be an NFC team probably LA or Green Bay.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2021, 08:43 PM)J24 Wrote: 5 sacks, 14 TFLs, 7 PD,  and 17 QB hits in 2020. He might not be the same JJ Watt from 2012 but he is still a good player who would start for us day 1.

Yep, bring in Watt, bring back Lawson and we are much better off.

Maybe having Reader next to him again will bring some of his old play back as long as he can stay healthy.
Reply/Quote
Holy crap.

2yr/$31m ($23m guaranteed) from the Cardinals

That's way too much for a 32-year-old guy who has basically missed 3 of the last 5 seasons. I guess it could pay off huge, but that seems like a really high risk/high reward kind of deal.

(Also at this point, the Cardinals should just go ahead and trade for Watson so they can just have all of the Texans good players. Lol)

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I would not have given that much money to a guy that age with his injury history. But he is not totally washed up. At least NFL offensive coordinators don't think so. Watt was double teamed more often than any edge rusher in the league last year. Even if he did not get a ton of pressure he was making it easier for his teammates.
Reply/Quote