Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Waukesha, Wisconsin
One of you is an evil racist and you should be ashamed of yourself.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I will say this, the apparent suspect's social media posts are rife with anti-white sentiment and racism. Rittenhouse was condemned as a white supremacist, and still is by bigots like Joy Reid, with zero evidence of any racist leanings. I wonder if this guy will get the same treatment when there's actual evidence of his racism?
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 02:56 PM)GMDino Wrote: Maybe we should wait for the investigation?  I've been told that's important before jumping to conclusions about crime and criminals and their intent.

The whole "run a vehicle through and event" also mirrors what happened in Charlottesville.

Which is why I proffered about 4 differing scenarios for discussion, including it just being a drunken driver. I don't believe anyone has labeled it anything yet.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 04:16 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Which is why I proffered about 4 differing scenarios for discussion, including it just being a drunken driver. I don't believe anyone has labeled it anything yet.

"For discussion" still doesn't allow for the investigation when three of them are biased and one blames Biden if he was an illegal immigrant.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 04:21 PM)GMDino Wrote: "For discussion" still doesn't allow for the investigation when three of them are biased and one blames Biden if he was an illegal immigrant.

We aren't investigating anything, this is a Discussion board.  How is "a drunken driver" or "someone with a local beef" biased? Are you saying if it had turned out to be a terrorist who slipped into the country since Biden opened the border, that would be good for him politically? Are you saying if it turned out to be a BLM or Antifa type that would be good press for those organizations? Hmmmm.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 04:29 PM)Sled21 Wrote: We aren't investigating anything, this is a Discussion board.  How is "a drunken driver" or "someone with a local beef" biased? Are you saying if it had turned out to be a terrorist who slipped into the country since Biden opened the border, that would be good for him politically? Are you saying if it turned out to be a BLM or Antifa type that would be good press for those organizations? Hmmmm.

I'm saying you offered a series of possibilities and ties half of them to your political stance.  In the past there were board members who would suggest you wait for the full investigation before offering such "ideas for discussion" but I get the feeling that won't happen here.

And I'm saying that if it was a white guy driving through a protest that's exactly what I would be told to do.  Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 04:52 PM)GMDino Wrote: And I'm saying that if it was a white guy driving through a protest that's exactly what I would be told to do.  Smirk

Only if you engaged in the kind of knee jerk reaction that you're currently denouncing.  Since you're not a hypocrite we won't have to worry about that though.
Reply/Quote
So it sounds like he was coming from a domestic disturbance and was trying to flee the police. Driving through the barricade and killing people in his path without any thought or respect for life (his past let's us know he had none to begin with). The guy seems sick and deserves the book and more thrown at him.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/22/us/what-we-know-about-suspect-in-waukesha-parade-tragedy/index.html?utm_term=link&utm_medium=social&utm_source=fbCNN&utm_content=2021-11-22T19%3A45%3A06&fbclid=IwAR3Hj-hZQIlHha6vPVKs_z1sN7aFcRHrCny5xU1JZ4lEmxYI5FA5x8tulwE

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 02:54 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Please, spare us.  You must have an insultingly low opinion of the intelligence of others if you expect anyone to believe that.  I highly doubt even you believe it.

You were supposed to be done with the argument. But possibilities are possibilities, and you wanting to be on your high horse to police which ones are "legit" (I guess) based on what you don't mind if true for political purposes is lame. All possibilities are equal, and have the right to be stated. 

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 05:14 PM)jj22 Wrote: So it sounds like he was coming from a domestic disturbance and was trying to flee the police. Driving through the barricade and killing people in his path without any thought or respect for life (his past let's us know he had none to begin with). The guy seems sick and deserves the book and more thrown at him.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/22/us/what-we-know-about-suspect-in-waukesha-parade-tragedy/index.html?utm_term=link&utm_medium=social&utm_source=fbCNN&utm_content=2021-11-22T19%3A45%3A06&fbclid=IwAR3Hj-hZQIlHha6vPVKs_z1sN7aFcRHrCny5xU1JZ4lEmxYI5FA5x8tulwE

That's not what your linked article stated.  There is literally not one sentence in this article that states "he was trying to flee the police."  You're either being deliberately deceptive or you didn't read your own source.  I'm also stating my opinion that your supposition will likely prove to be false.  But we'll see.  You got one thing right, this piece of human garbage deserves to rot in a cell until the end of his natural life.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 05:21 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: That's not what your linked article stated.  There is literally not one sentence in this article that states "he was trying to flee the police."  You're either being deliberately deceptive or you didn't read your own source.  I'm also stating my opinion that your supposition will likely prove to be false.  But we'll see.  You got one thing right, this piece of human garbage deserves to rot in a cell until the end of his natural life.

Did you read the article? Please tell me what I said that was wrong?

Quote:The chief said no motive is known. Brooks was involved in a domestic disturbance earlier Sunday and left that scene just prior to driving his SUV through the parade, Thompson said.

Police officers tried to engage Brooks as he approached the parade in his SUV but Brooks drove through barricades.

Do you think I am trying to defend this guy? Now you are just disagreeing with me to disagree with me. I have no reason AT ALL to defend this sick individual.

Sounds like you are still holding out hope it was Antifa or BLM. Or something to blame Biden for.

I didn't pick up on any of that from the article. And I'm not trying to say we know everything. Just posting an update with link providing more info since the situation is news worthy, an this is the thread for it.

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 05:09 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Only if you engaged in the kind of knee jerk reaction that you're currently denouncing.  Since you're not a hypocrite we won't have to worry about that though.

My favorite example of this was from like 14 years ago when some woman was going apeshit at a McDonalds drive through because they didn't get her nuggets or something.  The comment section was full of people saying she was "obviously an unemployed and entitled Obama supporter" while others insisted she was "clearly a psychotic Palin supporter."  

I recall it making an appearance on our old board where we had a back and forth over how it was clear that she was a dumbass Steelers fan while others argued she was clearly Bengal-loving trash.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 05:19 PM)jj22 Wrote: You were supposed to be done with the argument.

I am, this is not an argument, it's a statement. 

Quote:All possibilities are equal, and have the right to be stated. 

Is the possibility that he's a reptoid and part of a conspiracy to raise the mean temperature of the Earth to one more in line with his alien race's tolerances so they can take over the planet an equal possibility?  Sorry, no, not all possibilities are equal.  But you are right, you have a right to state them, just as we have a right to expose their inanity.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 05:24 PM)jj22 Wrote: Did you read the article?

Do you think I am trying to defend this guy? Now you are just disagreeing with me to disagree with me. I have no reason AT ALL to defend this sick individual.

Then why are you misrepresenting the facts?  You literally just quoted a line from the article.  There is nothing about his fleeing police in that article.  What you quoted was police trying to stop him from entering the parade area.  Honestly, is your reading comprehension so poor that you're honestly confused as to the difference?
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 05:27 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote:   What you quoted was police trying to stop him from entering the parade area.  

In which he ignored them and proceeded to flee....  

Why are you so pressed to think I am somehow trying to defend him? 

So what I used the term "flee". What do you think that means? A defense of some sort? I am really confused as to your point with me on this one Socio.

But for the record, the article highlights he left a domestic disturbance just prior, so it sounds like that is a key piece to the story, and before driving through the parade, he did have some sort of interaction with police.

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 05:32 PM)jj22 Wrote:  In which he ignored them and proceeded to flee....

I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but driving directly at police is not fleeing them.  You stated he was fleeing police from a previous DV incident.  This is false.  So, you're either being untruthful or you didn't read, and continue to not read, your own source.  

Quote:Why are you so pressed to think I am somehow trying to defend him? 

Please quote my claiming that you're defending this guy.

Quote:So what I used the term "flee". What do you think that means? A defense of some sort? I am really confused as to your point with me on this one Socio.

Explained above.  

Quote:But for the record, the article highlights he left a domestic disturbance just prior, so it sounds like that is a key piece to the story, and before driving through the parade, he did have some sort of interaction with police.

Yes, the police guarding the parade tried to stop him from entering the parade, so he "fled" right into the parade.  Solid conclusion on your part.
Reply/Quote
A violent felon, with a history of bail jumping, with multiple more violent felony cases open against him, and he's free on $1,000 bail to do this shit.

The cases like this where it's blatantly obvious something could have so easily been done to stop it are the roughest. Up there with when the FBI ignored the tip on that Florida school shooter. Tragedies that could have been stopped with even the smallest bit of common sense and/or effort.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 05:45 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but driving directly at police is not fleeing them.  You stated he was fleeing police from a previous DV incident.  This is false.  So, you're either being untruthful or you didn't read, and continue to not read, your own source.  

Please quote my claiming that you're defending this guy.

Explained above.  

Yes, the police guarding the parade tried to stop him from entering the parade, so he "fled" right into the parade.  Solid conclusion on your part.

Where did it say he was driving at police? I read it (and will reread it to make sure) as he was driving away from the police and into the crowd as they shot at him to try to stop him..... Maybe he ran over some police and they were a couple of the ones killed and injured. If I missed that my apologies.

I also didn't read that the police were guarding the parade. That wasn't clear as the story did highlight the DV situation and they could have been trying to apprehend him for that.

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 05:21 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: That's not what your linked article stated.  There is literally not one sentence in this article that states "he was trying to flee the police."  You're either being deliberately deceptive or you didn't read your own source.  I'm also stating my opinion that your supposition will likely prove to be false.  But we'll see.  You got one thing right, this piece of human garbage deserves to rot in a cell until the end of his natural life.

Can you point out where it said the police were guarding the parade? Since we are talking about "literal" sentences in the article? 

I also reread the article and it said nothing about him driving at the police. Can you point to that "literal" sentence in the article. Matter of fact it sounded more like he was driving away from the police and they started to fire some shots to stop him before stopping to protect the crowd. If he was driving at them, I'm sure they could have shot him. But whatever Socio. Not sure what your point for all this was.

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 06:09 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: A violent felon, with a history of bail jumping, with multiple more violent felony cases open against him, and he's free on $1,000 bail to do this shit.

The cases like this where it's blatantly obvious something could have so easily been done to stop it are the roughest. Up there with when the FBI ignored the tip on that Florida school shooter. Tragedies that could have been stopped with even the smallest bit of common sense and/or effort.

Yeah, I am not a big cash bail guy, but even I will say it's horse shit to set bail like that for a bail jumper. Whoever did that has some blame for this.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote