Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Waukesha, Wisconsin
(11-22-2021, 02:34 PM)jj22 Wrote: She is right tho. "When you open the door to vigilante justice, everyone seems threatening". Vigilante justice is going to come back and bite those who supported it when it benefited their beliefs and values. Sooner or later the shoe is going to be on the other foot. And the trial opened that up. We now have to wait and see what the story is behind these events. Someone could have thrown a rock at that car. Thrown a skateboard at it. Not that they did, but until we know it's now possible to justify mass murders.

The problem with the Kyle verdict is that vigilante justice was magnified as acceptable, but we all know there is nothing good that ever comes from vigilante justice. It will happen again, and more frequently. The toothpaste can't go back into the tube. If someone feels threatened for whatever reasons, they can act, and they can kill. 

Think of the next black teen who brings a gun to a Klan rally. They will attack him. Him killing them is no longer out of the question (him getting away with it is), but those who supported Kyle would think differently about what happened (they'd likely say he shouldn't have never went, or he knew where he was going and getting into and asked for it by showing up).

Seriously? Wow. I never agreed with you much in politics, but this is different level.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 08:38 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I never agreed with you much in politics.

Ok, but do you have anything to say as to why you believe she is wrong? Or anything else stated in that paragraph. You don't believe the case at all opened up vigilante justice? And are we to just trust vigilante justice of any kind, or just the kind we agree with. The vigilante justice that reflects our politics? 

There aren't many independents anymore so I understand your statement. 

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Well it's being reported the police where there as a part of the DV call, and not the parade, and he was fleeing them. I'll just leave it at that.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2021/11/22/waukesha-wisconsin-christmas-parade-updates/8716684002/

Quote:WAUKESHA, Wis. – The driver of an SUV that hurtled through a barricade and slammed into a Christmas parade in a suburban community on Sunday was fleeing from a domestic disturbance moments before he killed at least five people and injured more than 40, police said.

Waukesha Police Chief Dan Thompson said Monday that Darrell Brooks Jr., 39, was fleeing a domestic disturbance with a report of a knife when he rammed into the parade. Brooks was not being chased, Thompson said. He will be charged with five counts of intentional homicide, Thompson added.

The dead were four women and a man ages 52 to 81. Thompson said 48 people were injured in the crash, which was captured on the city's livestream as the SUV struck a high school band, children's dance group and the Milwaukee Dancing Grannies.

https://kslnewsradio.com/1959951/suv-driver-in-parade-crash-may-have-been-fleeing-a-crime/

When in doubt, always trust the independent. And we shouldn't attack posters who have a wide ranging grasp of the english language, and can use other terms like "fleeing" to state a point that is being made regardless of it not being literally said.

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 09:50 PM)jj22 Wrote: Ok, but do you have anything to say as to why you believe she is wrong? Or anything else stated in that paragraph. You don't believe the case at all opened up vigilante justice? And are we to just trust vigilante justice of any kind, or just the kind we agree with. The vigilante justice that reflects our politics? 

There aren't many independents anymore so I understand your statement. 

Can we seriously stop with the "vigilante justice" line? This is continuously said because it strikes to the issue of morality that those of us on the left respond to. However, it is not an accurate depiction. The men Rittenhouse shot weren't shot in an effort to seek justice. They were shot in self defense. There is a big difference between those things. The vigilante justice narrative is just something pushed by the ignorant on both the left and the right. Yes, some right wingers, like the Proud Boys, are using it to justify such actions, but that is not the majority. Most see it as a self-defense case and nothing more.

Bunch of Chicken Littles running around. Leave the fear mongering to the right.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 09:52 PM)jj22 Wrote: Well it's being reported the police where there as a part of the DV call, and not the parade, and he was fleeing them. I'll just leave it at that.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2021/11/22/waukesha-wisconsin-christmas-parade-updates/8716684002/

https://kslnewsradio.com/1959951/suv-driver-in-parade-crash-may-have-been-fleeing-a-crime/

When in doubt, always trust the independent. And we shouldn't attack posters who have a wide ranging grasp of the english language, and can use other terms like "fleeing" to state a point that is being made regardless of it not being literally said.

I have a sneaking suspicion that you went out and got yourself registered as an independent. Reminds me of when Walter White converted to Judaism for the jokes.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2021, 07:40 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Can we seriously stop with the "vigilante justice" line? This is continuously said because it strikes to the issue of morality that those of us on the left respond to. However, it is not an accurate depiction. The men Rittenhouse shot weren't shot in an effort to seek justice. They were shot in self defense. There is a big difference between those things. The vigilante justice narrative is just something pushed by the ignorant on both the left and the right. Yes, some right wingers, like the Proud Boys, are using it to justify such actions, but that is not the majority. Most see it as a self-defense case and nothing more.

Bunch of Chicken Littles running around. Leave the fear mongering to the right.

Yeah, thems the breaks.  The more the left whines about this the more the right is going to enjoy making him into a hero.  It hits my cynical bone pretty hard, but this kid just put together the perfect resume to enter politics as the face of the new GOP ASAP.  It's bizarre but I can completely understand how someone who is famous for killing people in self defense almost has no viable career options available to him going forward other than entering politics.
Reply/Quote
What a POS this nutjob is.

Reminded me of the Nice terror attack.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2021, 01:09 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Yeah, thems the breaks.  The more the left whines about this the more the right is going to enjoy making him into a hero.  It hits my cynical bone pretty hard, but this kid just put together the perfect resume to enter politics as the face of the new GOP ASAP.  It's bizarre but I can completely understand how someone who is famous for killing people in self defense almost has no viable career options available to him going forward other than entering politics.

He has no reason to ever work again. He's a millionaire now, and his income is continuing to grow from gofundme. 

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 10:15 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Well, they have had the person of interest in custody since yesterday, and have not released any information on him/her. Was this a drunken driver, someone pissed off over the Rittenhouse verdict, a local idiot with a perceived gripe or a terrorist. The whole "run a vehicle through a Christmas event" mirrors what happened in France during the Bastille Day celebrations. If this turns out to be a terrorist who slipped in across the border, Biden and the Dems are done. If it is some Antifa type pissed about the verdict, that is not going to play well for them either. If it is some drunk, I believe they would have already said that, as they would if it were some idiot with a local gripe. Hard to say what it was, but the silence is telling.

Eh, if all the right wing terrorists that Trump and the Republicans inspired didn't do them in, I doubt a single terrorist slipping through immigration would have any effect on the Democrats.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2021, 02:16 PM)jj22 Wrote: He has no reason to ever work again. He's a millionaire now, and his income is continuing to grow from gofundme. 

Ah, that's sort of the other side of cancel culture.  We have a culture where if one side is "out to getcha" the other side just makes you rich in response.  I tells ya, it's a crazy world.
Reply/Quote
Bail set at $5 million for Darrell Brooks. WTF? Why would any bail be allowed? an 11yr old child has died also, making this 6 fatalities and so many more injured. How can bail even be granted? He's a known flight risk.

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2021, 08:16 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Bail set at $5 million for Darrell Brooks. WTF? Why would any bail be allowed? an 11yr old child has died also, making this 6 fatalities and so many more injured. How can bail even be granted? He's a known flight risk.

Came here to post exactly this. Guy with multiple instances of jumping bail, multiple felony charges already pending, he goes and does this, and somehow he still gets the potential of bail (regardless of the amount) again. I honestly just don't get it.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2021, 08:16 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Bail set at $5 million for Darrell Brooks. WTF? Why would any bail be allowed? an 11yr old child has died also, making this 6 fatalities and so many more injured. How can bail even be granted? He's a known flight risk.

(11-23-2021, 09:58 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Came here to post exactly this. Guy with multiple instances of jumping bail, multiple felony charges already pending, he goes and does this, and somehow he still gets the potential of bail (regardless of the amount) again. I honestly just don't get it.

I don't know Wisconsin state law, but if there was ever a case where the defendant deserved to be remanded, this is it.  This is a career criminal who poses an obvious danger to public safety and is accused of multiple, callous homicides with no possible justification.  If you haven't watched the video of the attack, and you have a strong stomach, do so.  You'll be horrified by his attempts to strike absolutely as many people as possible.  I wonder why the media isn't attacking his character or social media history?  It's something they're clearly comfortable doing.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2021, 10:27 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I don't know Wisconsin state law, but if there was ever a case where the defendant deserved to be remanded, this is it.  This is a career criminal who poses an obvious danger to public safety and is accused of multiple, callous homicides with no possible justification.  If you haven't watched the video of the attack, and you have a strong stomach, do so.  You'll be horrified by his attempts to strike absolutely as many people as possible.  I wonder why the media isn't attacking his character or social media history?  It's something they're clearly comfortable doing.

I agree. I haven’t seen it yet. I plan to try and sit through it, but not ready. Yet as you said, where’s the media? 

Reply/Quote
What does a person have to do in Wisconsin to be refused bail? Seriously...
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2021, 11:46 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote: What does a person have to do in Wisconsin to be refused bail? Seriously...

Right. If this guy got bail everyone should. Ridiculous that he was out. 

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2021, 10:27 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I don't know Wisconsin state law, but if there was ever a case where the defendant deserved to be remanded, this is it.  This is a career criminal who poses an obvious danger to public safety and is accused of multiple, callous homicides with no possible justification.  If you haven't watched the video of the attack, and you have a strong stomach, do so.  You'll be horrified by his attempts to strike absolutely as many people as possible.  I wonder why the media isn't attacking his character or social media history?  It's something they're clearly comfortable doing.

I don't see many people defending him, and the media across the board has noted his past. His character is not being defended so there is no reason to attack it outside of already highlighting what sick person he is. 

You only see that "attacking of character" when there is those who are prompting up people. Both sides. To be fair, no one is defending this individual. 

Reply/Quote
(11-24-2021, 12:02 PM)jj22 Wrote: I don't see many people defending him, and the media across the board has noted his past. His character is not being defended so there is no reason to attack it outside of already highlighting what sick person he is. 

You only see that "attacking of character" when there is those who are prompting up people. Both sides. To be fair, no one is defending this individual. 

Well, you defended him right here.

(11-22-2021, 10:37 AM)jj22 Wrote: But hey, maybe it was self defense. 

Also, I saw several people making the same argument on Twitter.  So it appears there are some people defending him.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2021, 12:51 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Well, you defended him right here.

Also, I saw several people making the same argument on Twitter.  So it appears there are some people defending him.

Again, all I did was mention a possibility just like the OP did. Equal possibilities and equal right to name some, since no one knew the reasoning. Just some you agreed with/hoped would be true, and some you didn't. But now I know why you reacted the way you did because you took it as a defense, which it never was. Who would defend an action like that? I've never defended any killing. Not by Kyle, not by anyone, so you got me read all wrong.

But you having a problem with that possibility and not with it being BLM, Antifa, illegal immigration or any pointing to it being Biden's fault is your issue with all due respect, and not mine. My point was always as stated in that post you quoted, we don't have the facts, wait for an investigation, and it could be anything including self defense just as equally as it could be the possibilities you had no issue with. That was clear in the DM's I got, but somehow even days later isn't to you? Even after you attacked me for being correct with the use of the term "flee" and what ended up being the exact thing that happened. I let that go, and yet you still want to push a false narrative that I somehow defended this guy? Lame.

Reply/Quote
(11-24-2021, 01:04 PM)jj22 Wrote: Again, all I did was mention a possibility just like the OP did. Equal possibilities and equal right to name some, since no one knew the reasoning. Just some you agreed with/hoped would be true, and some you didn't. But now I know why you reacted the way you did because you took it as a defense, which it never was. Who would defend an action like that? I've never defended any killing. Not by Kyle, not by anyone, so you got me read all wrong.

But you having a problem with that possibility and not with it being BLM, Antifa, illegal immigration or any pointing to it being Biden's fault is your issue with all due respect, and not mine. My point was always as stated in that post you quoted, we don't have the facts, wait for an investigation, and it could be anything including self defense just as equally as it could be the possibilities you had no issue with. That was clear in the DM's I got, but somehow even days later isn't to you? Even after you attacked me for being correct with the use of the term "flee" and what ended up being the exact thing that happened. I let that go, and yet you still want to push a false narrative that I somehow defended this guy? Lame.

You think self defense is an equal possibility?  What possible evidence could there be that would make running over a bunch of elderly people and children at a Christmas parade self defense?  Just give me one possible scenario in which the actions of this garbage person could be self defense.
Reply/Quote