Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Waukesha, Wisconsin
(11-24-2021, 01:16 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You think self defense is an equal possibility?  

Then some wild right wing hope that they can blame Biden for it? You still say this after we now know it wasn't anything like that?

The point was I stated a possibility equally to the far left as I felt the OP's was to the far right. Showing the extreme (I felt was equal) from the other side. The fact you believed I believed it (unlike the OP who really believed the far right extremes he mentioned and you approved of to be a real possibility) misses the point and the fact you still can't get it is unfortunate.

Why are you ignoring the rest of that post highlighting the need for an investigation which was the main point of the post, before coming to such extreme conclusions/hopes, before showing how foolish it is to jump to conclusions by stating what I thought was an equally outrages possibility with political undertones (you didn't pick up on that sarcasm when I started the statement "but hey"?).

I'm confident from feedback this was clear to everyone else so you can think whatever at this point. This is your issue not mine Socio.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2021, 01:43 PM)jj22 Wrote: Then some wild right wing hope that they can blame Biden for it? You still say this after we now know it wasn't anything like that?

I'd have to have said it once to "still say it".  Kindly refrain from making factually inaccurate accusations.

Quote:The point was I stated a possibility equally to the far left as I felt the OP's was to the far right. Showing the extreme (I felt was equal) from the other side. The fact you believed I believed it (unlike the OP who really believed the far right extremes he mentioned and you approved of to be a real possibility) misses the point and the fact you still can't get it is unfortunate.

Oh, so you never believed that self defense was a possibility?  This is the first time you're saying this, but I'll take you at your word that was your original intent and you weren't being snarky or sarcastic about the murder of children and the elderly.

Quote:Why are you ignoring the rest of that post highlighting the need for an investigation which was the main point of the post, before coming to such extreme conclusions/hopes, before showing how foolish it is to jump to conclusions by stating what I thought was an equally outrages possibility with political undertones (you didn't pick up on that sarcasm when I started the statement "but hey"?).

I didn't ignore anything, I was focusing on your absurd statement, which you have just, for the first time, stated was meant to be absurd.

Quote:I'm confident from feedback this was clear to everyone else so you can think whatever at this point. This is your issue not mine Socio.

No issue, just reacting to what you said.  You've finally clarified, after several pages, so we can move on.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2021, 02:00 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Oh, so you never believed that self defense was a possibility?  This is the first time you're saying this, but I'll take you at your word that was your original intent and you weren't being snarky or sarcastic about the murder of children and the elderly.

No issue, just reacting to what you said.  You've finally clarified, after several pages, so we can move on.

Don't take my word for it take the word of "but hey" prior to the statement in the post if you believe it's some revisionist history on my part I am pulling now.

I've been trying to clarify to you when I couldn't understand in the follow up posts why you continued to act like I was defending or would defend this guy and trying to figure out what the problem you had with one extreme possibility and not the others (which you have yet to speak on, but I know it's because you hoped those right wing ones were legit, which means only one of us is extreme and biased enough to believe extreme's). 

Reply/Quote
(11-24-2021, 02:25 PM)jj22 Wrote: Don't take my word for it take the word of "but hey" prior to the statement in the post if you believe it's some revisionist history on my part I am pulling now.

Right, like I said, you weren't being serious, just being snarky and sarcastic about children and elderly people being murdered.  I got it.

Quote: I've been trying to clarify to you when I couldn't understand in the follow up posts why you continued to act like I was defending or would defend this guy and trying to figure out what the problem you had with one extreme possibility and not the others (which you have yet to speak on, but I know it's because you hoped those right wing ones were legit, which means only one of us is extreme and biased enough to believe extreme's). 

Oh my, we can now add being a mind reader to your list of many talents.  I believe facts.  I believe he wasn't fleeing another crime scene because the police chief stated exactly that.  I believe what he did was entirely intentional based on the video evidence of his sickening rampage and police stating what they observed him doing.  I believe he has expressed himself on social media about attacking white people, because he did exactly that.  His motivation can certainly be inferred, but cannot be stated definitively.  So, now that I've refused to allow you to decide what I believe you can return to whatever it is you think you're doing in this thread.
Reply/Quote
Mellow

[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
He didn't just hate Trump he hated white people.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2021, 03:20 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: He didn't just hate Trump he hated white people.

You missed the point but that's ok have a good thanksgiving!
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2021, 03:47 PM)GMDino Wrote: You missed the point but that's ok have a good thanksgiving!

and as much as I typically(almost always) dis-agree with your post, I too wish you a Happy Thanksgiving.
Reply/Quote
He hated white people. He also hated women (since he previously ran over his girlfriend). Was she black or white? Personally I think he ran over people at the parade not because they are white as the right is trying to spin, but because he's a sick individual. Given all he had done prior to this to people of all races, I can't buy the rights spin that this was race related.

Reply/Quote
(11-24-2021, 04:42 PM)jj22 Wrote: He hated white people. He also hated women (since he previously ran over his girlfriend). Was she black or white? Personally I think he ran over people at the parade not because they are white as the right is trying to spin, but because he's a sick individual. Given all he had done prior to this to people of all races, I can't buy the rights spin that this was race related.

So, there's no racial component to this attack but there was a racial component to the Rittenhouse case?  Consistency does not appear to be your strong suit.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2021, 07:40 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Can we seriously stop with the "vigilante justice" line? This is continuously said because it strikes to the issue of morality that those of us on the left respond to. However, it is not an accurate depiction. The men Rittenhouse shot weren't shot in an effort to seek justice. They were shot in self defense. There is a big difference between those things. The vigilante justice narrative is just something pushed by the ignorant on both the left and the right. Yes, some right wingers, like the Proud Boys, are using it to justify such actions, but that is not the majority. Most see it as a self-defense case and nothing more.

Bunch of Chicken Littles running around. Leave the fear mongering to the right.
I was just sitting back wondering when someone would bring this up. Self defense and Vigilante Justice are not only not in the same ballpark, they aren't even the same sport.
Reply/Quote
I'm sitting here racking my brain trying to remember if and when I EVER heard a conservative say we should have more lenient bail laws. Hmmmmm ..... nope, believe every time I have heard that it has been from the left.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2021, 06:36 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I'm sitting here racking my brain trying to remember if and when I EVER heard a conservative say we should have more lenient bail laws. Hmmmmm ..... nope, believe every time I have heard that it has been from the left.

I've always thought there was something not quite right with locking people up who haven't been convicted of anything.  But I don't know what the fix is.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-24-2021, 06:40 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I've always thought there was something not quite right with locking people up who haven't been convicted of anything.  But I don't know what the fix is.  

They have bail hearings that are supposed to handle these things.. If there is evidence the suspect is a flight risk, or a threat to the community or someone specific, they should be kept locked up. It's not that hard, if an offender has a violent past, he's probably still violent.. Now if it is not a violent crime, I have no problem with them taking a passport and letting them out. 
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2021, 06:40 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I've always thought there was something not quite right with locking people up who haven't been convicted of anything.  But I don't know what the fix is.  

I don't know that there is.  

Wisconsin is a 100% bail state.  He can't post 10% and get out.

Rittenhouse has two million dollar bail...not posted by him.

This guy has a 5 million dollar bail and the fear seems to be that someone who supports driving through a parade and killing people will post it for him too.

Why he was given bail at all only the judge can explain.  But there's a strong pull from one side to lock everyone up until they have their day in court and from the other that some people get out while others don't due to inequities in the bail system.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2021, 06:32 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I was just sitting back wondering when someone would bring this up. Self defense and Vigilante Justice are not only not in the same ballpark, they aren't even the same sport.

Would you give a man a foot massage?
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2021, 06:52 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Would you give a man a foot massage?

Aw heck no, I've given a thousand foot massages to women, and they all mean something.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2021, 06:49 PM)GMDino Wrote: I don't know that there is.  

Wisconsin is a 100% bail state.  He can't post 10% and get out.

Rittenhouse has two million dollar bail...not posted by him.

This guy has a 5 million dollar bail and the fear seems to be that someone who supports driving through a parade and killing people will post it for him too.

Why he was given bail at all only the judge can explain.  But there's a strong pull from one side to lock everyone up until they have their day in court and from the other that some people get out while others don't due to inequities in the bail system.

Yeah, it'll probably be the same people who bailed out all the protestors who burned and looted private property and injured hundreds of police officers in Portland. They have their own group. I think the VP is on the board.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2021, 07:18 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Yeah, it'll probably be the same people who bailed out all the protestors who burned and looted private property and injured hundreds of police officers in Portland. They have their own group. I think the VP is on the board.

Is this another one of those things you heard in an interview once from a guy who can't remember or do you have a source for it?
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2021, 07:26 PM)GMDino Wrote: Is this another one of those things you heard in an interview once from a guy who can't remember or do you have a source for it?

Harris most certainly raised bail money for "protestors" in MN.  Said money was later used to bail out people accused of violent crimes.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/09/03/kamala-harris-tweeted-support-bail-fund-money-didnt-just-assist-protestors/
Reply/Quote