Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Way Too Early 2018 3-Round Mock
The glaring weakness now after the 2017 draft has come and gone is the OL. I'm making my picks assuming Ogbuehi and/or Fisher has another down year, Bodine performs mediocre at best yet again. I am expecting a 3rd-round comp for Zeitler.

1) Mike McGlinchey, OT Notre Dame (6'7", 310 lb) - McGlinchey has played very well both at RT and LT for the Irish. McGlinchey is a well-rounded prospect against both the run and pass. It was wise for him to return to ND so that he can get another year of experience at LT.

2) Will Clapp, OG/C LSU (6'4", 309 lb) - Clapp was arguably the second-best OL for LSU behind Ethan Pocic in 2016. According to nfldraftscout.com, Clapp did not allow a single sack all season. Clapp will be taking over for Pocic as the team's starting C in 2017. I believe Clapp will perform well at C and his versatility at both OG and C will appeal to the Bengals.

3) Micah Kiser, ILB Virginia (6'2", 240 lb) - Kiser decided to return for another year, but he likely would have been a third rounder this year. He is a very solid LB that had 6 PBUs, 1 INT, 3 FF, 6.5 sacks, and 133 combined tackles. He is a tackling machine and would fit well with the Bengals if they were to lose Minter and/or Burfict.

3comp) Mike Gesicki, TE Penn St (6'6", 252 lb) - A TE could make a lot of sense if Eifert were to leave and/or the team were unhappy with the development of Kroft and/or Uzomah. Gesicki had a very good year with the Nittany Lions, posting 679 rec yards and 5 TDs. I haven't found enough on him to see how well-rounded he is, but given how Penn St has been so much of a run team with Saquon Barkley, I would assume he's also an experienced blocker.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Great, they bengals get the clapp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
i would like to get a beast safety early
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2017, 03:05 PM)seahawkscheat Wrote: i would like to get a beast safety early

I don't think that happens. Williams and Iloka both are under contract through 2020 and the Bengals had a great opportunity to draft Malik Hooker at 9 this year but didn't do it. They clearly like the safeties they have.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I have the early needs for them heading into next year as far and away the number one need being Offensive Tackle. Even if Ogbuehi and Fisher show improvement this year they likely wouldn't pay both guys big contracts coming up and if they don't show improvement or even if they do and decide to pay them both then they still need some young depth at the position. They can't keep signing Winston and guys like Smith forever for insurance at the spot. The other three early needs that could change but the way I think they will end up are Cornerback, Quarterback (need a good #2), and Safety. The safety thing is based more on my feeling that Williams doesn't perform up to his ability so they upgrade that position and end up with an athletic Linebacker in him instead.

1st round - Mitch Hyatt (OT) Clemson

2nd Round - Denzel Ward (CB) Ohio State

3rd Round - Jordan Whitehead (S) Pittsburgh

4th Round - Jake Browning (QB) Washington
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote