Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Way too Early Mock
Rd 1-  Tyler Linderbaum- C   Iowa 
An absolute road grader in the middle of line.  A true gem at our biggest area of weakness, interior OL.  

Rd 2- Kyren Williams- RB Notre Dame
Explosiveness- Check
Elusive- Check
Blocking- Check
He is one of the best blocking RBs in college football this year.  ND coaches rave at his blocking abilities. Oh ya, he's also pretty quick and runs with an attitude.  

Rd 3- Charlie Kolar- TE  Iowa State
A quality route runner who has nice hands.  Not afraid to get after it blocking either. 

Rd 4- Luke Matthews- C/G Texas A&M
The latest in the family line stemming from Hall of Famer Bruce Matthews.  After sitting out all of 2020, Matthews has broken into the starting line up down there in Aggieville.  Its never a bad thing to take OL from the SEC.  
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Couple of things
1.) We will probably be picking in the top 10 next draft. So would the front office really take a center in the top 10. It would be nice if the made a trade for an extra pick.

2.) Why a RB in the 2nd? Do we cut Mixon?

3.) No defensive players in the top 4 picks? Larry, BJ Hill, and Topu are all free agents at The tackle position and Waynes is a probable cut at CB. The team should draft defensive players next year.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Tiger

I love any mock putting the offensive line at the forefront but then you rocked me to sleep. Yes I'll critique a mock.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2021, 01:45 PM)J24 Wrote: Couple of things
1.) We will probably be picking in the top 10 next draft. So would the front office really take a center in the top 10. It would be nice if the made a trade for an extra pick.

3.) No defensive players in the top 4 picks?  Larry, BJ Hill, and Topu are all free agents at The tackle position and Waynes is a probable cut at CB. The team should draft defensive players next year.

I see us trying to get Larry resigned , assuming he continues his great performance, as for Topou I think he walks and we bring in Shelvin to fill that role....jury still out on BJ, but so far so good on him. 
I think we may be a top 10 pick again and if thats the case I see us going for a top tier CB.  
Reply/Quote
I like Rds 1, 3, and 4.
However, I'd look to take an OL or CB instead of RB in Rd 2.
RB just isn't a need with Mixon and Evans, IMO.
Moving on from Mixon next year would only free up $3 mill in cap for 2022, so I think he sticks around through at least next year.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2021, 01:45 PM)J24 Wrote: Couple of things

3.) No defensive players in the top 4 picks?  Larry, BJ Hill, and Topu are all free agents at The tackle position and Waynes is a probable cut at CB. The team should draft defensive players next year.
1.  I don't think we'll be top ten and, even if we are, if there's value there, we pull the trigger.  If not, trade back.

2.  Yeah.  The RB in the 2nd made no sense to me, especially with Mixon near the league lead in rushing (don't know if he was when he posted this, but, either way, it still wouldn't make sense to me).

3.  Depending on who we re-sign, our D might be ok, especially with the salary cap increasing, but replace the second round pick with a defender. 
(09-23-2021, 12:04 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I like Rds 1, 3, and 4.
However, I'd look to take an OL or CB instead of RB in Rd 2.
RB just isn't a need with Mixon and Evans, IMO.
Moving on from Mixon next year would only free up $3 mill in cap for 2022, so I think he sticks around through at least next year.

Agreed.
Reply/Quote