Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Way too complicated chicken
Making a large batch because my teenage daughter is with me this week.  

3 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast.  Chop into chunks.  Spread in 11 X 13 casserole pan. Drizzle with 2-3 tbls honey.  1 tbls lemon juice.  1 tbls minced garlic.  1 tps black pepper.  Salt.  Cover with foil.  Vent.  bake at 400 for 35 min.

Remove baked chicken to cool.  Pour broth from casserole pan into small sauce pan.  Cook at med heat until reduced to about 1/2 cup. strain and place in fridge to cool.  After about 30 min remove heavy fat that has risen to top.

1/4 cup finely chopped onion.  (I just put my onion chunks in with the meat when I chop it in food processor)
3/4 cup relish.
1 tbls honey
2 tbls spicy mustard
2 cups shredded cheese (I prefer mozzarella)
1 cup mayo/salad dressing (I prefer Miracle whip)
2 tps salt

Chop/shred chicken.  Mix all ingrediants above plus 1/4 cup broth.  If broth has jelled in fridge warm for a few seconds in microwave to liquid form.

I am getting a lot of tomatoes out of my garden.  This stuff is great on sandwiches lots of tomato.  Or even better with bacon added.  But my daughter and I usually end up eating most of it on wheat thins like a snack.

Celery is good in it also, but I never have celery.

When I was a kid my mom added boiled egges to her chicken salad.  She said eggs were chicken.  But she did not add cheese.
Reply/Quote
Sounds delicious but got to have the celery though.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Sounds good
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote