Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Way too early draft selections
Since this season is officially lost, what do we do come April? Do we go after an end like Allen from Kentucky who’s an absolute stud, an offensive lineman specially a tackle, cb, lb, wr, or dare I say qb. What happens with aj and Eifert? Does aj ask for a trade and do we try and get top picks out of him? Curious as your thoughts and who we should take in the first two rounds and what type of players we need to wait and take in rounds 3-5. We need everything. I know hue is in love with Andy, but the writing is on the wall, I don’t see him leading us to atleast one playoff win. Hell hue may win a playoff game before Marvin and that’s truly sad. I’m glad Steven a who’s annoying as hell is calling out the mediocrity that we have to deal with. So I ask bengals nation if there is a Mahomes type guy when we’re on the clock, do you take him? I’m interested to hear your takes on who we need to draft and when because we need some major changes in this organization and we desperately need a defensive coordinator.
Reply/Quote
AJ has said he wants to stay in Cincinnati. He's not getting traded not by Mike Brown LB and OL have to be top of the list followed by DL 2019 isn't a stellar QB class so not a whole lot of options there. Receivers if the right player is there at the right time, I wouldn't stretch for them.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
We have to look at TE, LB and more OL. And this means A List Free Agency too as there are more problems than draft picks.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
LB and O-Line are my first 3 picks.......
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2018, 05:48 PM)Andy2AJ Wrote: Since this season is officially lost, what do we do come April? Do we go after an end like Allen from Kentucky who’s an absolute stud, an offensive lineman specially a tackle, cb, lb, wr, or dare I say qb. What happens with aj and Eifert? Does aj ask for a trade and do we try and get top picks out of him? Curious as your thoughts and who we should take in the first two rounds and what type of players we need to wait and take in rounds 3-5. We need everything. I know hue is in love with Andy, but the writing is on the wall, I don’t see him leading us to atleast one playoff win. Hell hue may win a playoff game before Marvin and that’s truly sad. I’m glad Steven a who’s annoying as hell is calling out the mediocrity that we have to deal with. So I ask bengals nation if there is a Mahomes type guy when we’re on the clock, do you take him? I’m interested to hear your takes on who we need to draft and when because we need some major changes in this organization and we desperately need a defensive coordinator.

2019 draft is supposedly loaded with DL and LB and overall better defensive draft than offense is what I read.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Linebacker, TE, and any quality OL draft prospects. I still think safety is a need as well as DE.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Round 1: Best OL or LB Available
Round 2: Best OL or LB Available
Round 3: Best OL or LB Available
Round 4-7: Same as Rounds 1-3
Reply/Quote
There’s a TE from Missouri that’s a stud. But only 2 offensive linemen worthy of first round picks. And two linebackers worthy as well. The draft is loaded at defense line n corners. Which we can use as well.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2018, 05:48 PM)Andy2AJ Wrote: Since this season is officially lost, what do we do come April? Do we go after an end like Allen from Kentucky who’s an absolute stud, an offensive lineman specially a tackle, cb, lb, wr, or dare I say qb. What happens with aj and Eifert? Does aj ask for a trade and do we try and get top picks out of him? Curious as your thoughts and who we should take in the first two rounds and what type of players we need to wait and take in rounds 3-5. We need everything. I know hue is in love with Andy, but the writing is on the wall, I don’t see him leading us to atleast one playoff win. Hell hue may win a playoff game before Marvin and that’s truly sad. I’m glad Steven a who’s annoying as hell is calling out the mediocrity that we have to deal with. So I ask bengals nation if there is a Mahomes type guy when we’re on the clock, do you take him? I’m interested to hear your takes on who we need to draft and when because we need some major changes in this organization and we desperately need a defensive coordinator.

Need to draft a qb,but who??? Need a linebacker and the guy that plays for Ohio State,number 39 is a beast of a stud.He is a first rounder to me.I forget his name,but watch him this Saturday night when Ohio State plays Northwestern for the championship,which I hope Ohio State wins.I think his last name is Smith,but I am not sure of that,but the guy would fit in here big time.He is all over the field and can rush the qb.Even if we get top players in this draft,so will everybody else and until we own the steelers,we will never win anything.I see the steelers being in the afc championship again this year.They just kill everyone.They are big time dirty players and they get by with it,the refs are all in for the pissburg cheaters.
Reply/Quote
The way I see it, the needs are as follows.

1. and 1A. Franchise LT and LB. Unless you go to drastic measures, you're not going to get both, as both positions drop off rather quickly after the top 2 or 3 in the class.

2. TE It's time to admit that Tyler Eifert will never be who he was in 2015. We need a new play-maker at that position, as Kroft seems to be just about as injury prone as Eifert, and Uzomah just can't seem to produce with any consistency.

3. and 3A. OG and another LB. Yep, we need to choose to double up on one of those position groups, before it falls off into low-odds ballers.

4. WR, DT Let's face it AJ Green isn't going to last forever, and Geno Atkins appears to be dropping off quickly. I'd love to address those positions with premium picks, but unfortunately the fundamental positions of OL and LB are in such dire condition that they merit the picks. Who knows? With some better LBs, maybe Geno gets his mojo back and plays strong throughout the remainder of his contract?

That's it, we're out of picks. Unless this organization decides to do some major horse trading, and attain a couple extra picks in rounds 1 and 2, maybe top of 3rd, I don't see more than 3 first year major contributors coming. So, they had better plan on using Free Agency this year. (and not the bottom feeder variety)

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2018, 08:12 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The way I see it, the needs are as follows.

1. and 1A.  Franchise LT and LB.  Unless you go to drastic measures, you're not going to get both, as both positions drop off rather quickly after the top 2 or 3 in the class.

2.  TE  It's time to admit that Tyler Eifert will never be who he was in 2015.  We need a new play-maker at that position, as Kroft seems to be just about as injury prone as Eifert, and Uzomah just can't seem to produce with any consistency.

3. and 3A.  OG and another LB.  Yep, we need to choose to double up on one of those position groups, before it falls off into low-odds ballers.

4. WR, DT  Let's face it AJ Green isn't going to last forever, and Geno Atkins appears to be dropping off quickly.  I'd love to address those positions with premium picks, but unfortunately the fundamental positions of OL and LB are in such dire condition that they merit the picks.  Who knows?  With some better LBs, maybe Geno gets his mojo back and plays strong throughout the remainder of his contract?

That's it, we're out of picks.  Unless this organization decides to do some major horse trading, and attain a couple extra picks in rounds 1 and 2, maybe top of 3rd, I don't see more than 3 first year major contributors coming.  So, they had better plan on using Free Agency this year. (and not the bottom feeder variety)
I think in this upcoming draft, a great LB can be taken in round 1.  Depending on where the Bengals draft, they may need to grab OT first because the depth is not there in the draft for OT.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(11-29-2018, 08:23 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I think in this upcoming draft, a great LB can be taken in round 1.  Depending on where the Bengals draft, they may need to grab OT first because the depth is not there in the draft for OT.  

And THAT is why I labeled them 1 and 1A, and went on to state that you likely need to pick one.  The pro-ready OT supply has been looking worse than the Oil Crisis of '73, for the past 5 years or so.  Damn all those RPOs in the College ranks!

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I have read that this year's 2019 draft OL depth is the best since 2010. The Bengals could feast on OL picks if that is their direction. If I were king for a day, I would use 1st round on a play maker(TE/WR) and then go wild with OL and DL for the next 6 rounds. Unfortunately, LB depth is pretty sad for 2019 draft.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2018, 05:48 PM)Andy2AJ Wrote: Since this season is officially lost

Who made you the official?
Reply/Quote
We desperately need quality offensive lineman especially rt. I’m just saying if a qb were to emerge is there any chance we draft one? I do think we need another weapon to go with green and Boyd. Ross has shown very little, and core needs to be sent packing. We need a good pass rusher to go with genie and Dunlap as well
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2018, 08:12 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The way I see it, the needs are as follows.

1. and 1A.  Franchise LT and LB.  Unless you go to drastic measures, you're not going to get both, as both positions drop off rather quickly after the top 2 or 3 in the class.

2.  TE  It's time to admit that Tyler Eifert will never be who he was in 2015.  We need a new play-maker at that position, as Kroft seems to be just about as injury prone as Eifert, and Uzomah just can't seem to produce with any consistency.

3. and 3A.  OG and another LB.  Yep, we need to choose to double up on one of those position groups, before it falls off into low-odds ballers.

4. WR, DT  Let's face it AJ Green isn't going to last forever, and Geno Atkins appears to be dropping off quickly.  I'd love to address those positions with premium picks, but unfortunately the fundamental positions of OL and LB are in such dire condition that they merit the picks.  Who knows?  With some better LBs, maybe Geno gets his mojo back and plays strong throughout the remainder of his contract?

That's it, we're out of picks.  Unless this organization decides to do some major horse trading, and attain a couple extra picks in rounds 1 and 2, maybe top of 3rd, I don't see more than 3 first year major contributors coming.  So, they had better plan on using Free Agency this year. (and not the bottom feeder variety)

Yes. Way more needs than picks unfortunately. I'm with you though on the positions.
Reply/Quote
First off: The season is not officially lost.

Secondly: Devin White, even if we have to trade up

Finally: We should have a forum to discuss these draft needs.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-29-2018, 08:36 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: I have read that this year's 2019 draft OL depth is the best since 2010. The Bengals could feast on OL picks if that is their direction. If I were king for a day, I would use 1st round on a play maker(TE/WR) and then go wild with OL and DL for the next 6 rounds. Unfortunately, LB depth is pretty sad for 2019 draft.

Seems to be a lot of decent interior OL's but not too many OT's in this year's crop of linemen. 
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2018, 08:31 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: And THAT is why I labeled them 1 and 1A, and went on to state that you likely need to pick one.  The pro-ready OT supply has been looking worse than the Oil Crisis of '73, for the past 5 years or so.  Damn all those RPOs in the College ranks!

So switch to RPO offense and problem solved?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Depends on where we end up drafting. If we are in the top 10, you take the best player on the board.

That being said, I think the biggest needs are as follows:

1. RT. Even with the defense being historically bad, there is a ton of talent on it (Atkins, Dunlap, WJ, Burfict, Lawson, Bates etc.) You have to replace the worst starter on the team and that is clearly Hart at RT.

2. RG. Ever wonder why our offense sucks? Simple, we have a decent LT, LG and C. The right side is horrible.

3. LB. This is right up there with the drought we had at C for the last 10 years. For some reason we can't ever seem to find a LB that can cover a TE or a RB. That's been the major hole in the defense since Marvin has been here.

4. TE. It's clear that a threat at TE takes the offense to a different level.
Reply/Quote