Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Way too early draft selections
(11-30-2018, 03:01 PM)ochocincos Wrote: So switch to RPO offense and problem solved?

Many teams have attempted it, but eventually the QB gets banged-up.  Then, you're left with a bunch of players that suck in a traditional Pro-Style offense.  That was one of the topics of conversation that I heard on sports radio, when the debate on weather any team would pick up Kaeppernick was big in the sports news.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2018, 03:31 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Many teams have attempted it, but eventually the QB gets banged-up.  Then, you're left with a bunch of players that suck in a traditional Pro-Style offense.  That was one of the topics of conversation that I heard on sports radio, when the debate on weather any team would pick up Kaeppernick was big in the sports news.

Yea, it's easier to handle college RPO when you can have such large rosters like college does.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-29-2018, 09:00 PM)Andy2AJ Wrote: We desperately need quality offensive lineman especially rt. I’m just saying if a qb were to emerge is there any chance we draft one? I do think we need another weapon to go with green and Boyd. Ross has shown very little, and core needs to be sent packing. We need a good pass rusher to go with genie and Dunlap as well
We have a great pass rusher in Lawson he's just hurt.
(11-30-2018, 03:19 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Depends on where we end up drafting. If we are in the top 10, you take the best player on the board.

That being said, I think the biggest needs are as follows:

1. RT. Even with the defense being historically bad, there is a ton of talent on it (Atkins, Dunlap, WJ, Burfict, Lawson, Bates etc.) You have to replace the worst starter on the team and that is clearly Hart at RT.

2. RG. Ever wonder why our offense sucks? Simple, we have a decent LT, LG and C. The right side is horrible.

3. LB. This is right up there with the drought we had at C for the last 10 years. For some reason we can't ever seem to find a LB that can cover a TE or a RB. That's been the major hole in the defense since Marvin has been here.

4. TE. It's clear that a threat at TE takes the offense to a different level.
1. U need to switch 1, 2, and 3. Rg is easily and obviously our biggest weakness followed by lber and then rt. Redmond iss the reason we have no running game. Lber wise it's Devin. White clear cut lber1 who many believe is better than roquan Smith coming out. As far as the there are 2 from Iowa that should go rd1 but won't. Noah fant is clear cut te1 and is gonna be a top 10 te from the jump. Reminds me of 49ers te. If we don't get him by rd2 if hockenson Iowa's other te comes out he actually beat out fant for te of the year. Hockenson is like Travis kelce a yac guy who breaks a lot of tackles.
Reply/Quote
The worst starter on this team, BY FAR, is Bobby Hart.

Redmond is right behind him, but we also have some guys that may be able to play there (Hopkins, Price, Westerman)

We have nobody that seems capable of playing RT with any success at this point.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 05:11 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: The worst starter on this team, BY FAR, is Bobby Hart.

Redmond is right behind him, but we also have some guys that may be able to play there (Hopkins, Price, Westerman)

We have nobody that seems capable of playing RT with any success at this point.
Disagree completely. Redmond ranks dead last in penalties, yards taken back due to penalties, false starts, etc etc in guard rankings. Hart not much better but rg is killing us more than rt
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 08:19 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Disagree completely. Redmond ranks dead last in penalties, yards taken back due to penalties, false starts, etc etc in guard rankings. Hart not much better but rg is killing us more than rt

It's too bad the Bengals don't try the guy who keeps doing well in limited playtime at LG to actually start at RG when there's such poor performance at RG between Redmond and Hopkins. It's almost a crime that Westerman has not been given an opportunity in-game.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I would look to address the offense first. Round 1 ot. Jonah Williams or dalton risner for example. Round 2 te. Assume fant is gone but kaden or irv Smith. Round 3 ol still, maybe lb. the offense needs to improve to help our defense.

I’d like to think the defense can turnaround. Maybe it was Austin’s schemes. We still have talent on the dL and backfield. Draft at least 1 lb in middle rounds and sign a good free agent lb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
I'm tired of using mid round picks on linebackers. Time to draft one in the first round. It's a deep class for tackle so take oline in the second round. Or maybe they can spend some money in free agency on the line.

A guy can dream right?
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2018, 12:26 PM)ochocincos Wrote: It's too bad the Bengals don't try the guy who keeps doing well in limited playtime at LG to actually start at RG when there's such poor performance at RG between Redmond and Hopkins. It's almost a crime that Westerman has not been given an opportunity in-game.

He has had playing time. At the end of last season when they were winning games against teams that were fighting for the playoffs. The food poisoning stuff at the beginning of the year probably screwed him. He wasn't able to build a repertoire with Pollack right out of the gate. I can understand not starting him early in the year because of that. At this point in the season? I don't get it. Redmond probably isn't going to develop beyond where he's at.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2018, 09:29 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: He has had playing time. At the end of last season when they were winning games against teams that were fighting for the playoffs. The food poisoning stuff at the beginning of the year probably screwed him. He wasn't able to build a repertoire with Pollack right out of the gate. I can understand not starting him early in the year because of that. At this point in the season? I don't get it. Redmond probably isn't going to develop beyond where he's at.

Right, he looked good last year. I forgot about the food poisoning in the preseason, but he's still been practicing this whole time since then. He's the only OL other than Price, Glenn, and Boling under contract next year. He needs to get some reps. If anything, alternate a series with him in each remaining game.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote