Poll: Who would you have signed as our starting corner?
Waynes
WJ3
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wayne’s or WJ3?
(05-24-2021, 08:54 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Does anyone even really know what Lou is running this year on defense?  Split Zone?    I think base will be 4-2-5.

Hard to tell when I don't think Lou knows what the hell he's running. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Someone remind me, because I'm not sure I'm remembering right, but wasn't it WJ3 who just stood near the sideline and let a Steeler (Smith Schuster I think) run past him, making no effort to tackle him?

On edit: Found it, it was Le'veon Bell. This is the play that soured me on WJ3, as he shows zero effort when all he had to do was push him out of bounds..... I just don't see Trae Waynes pulling this kind of crap... 

This is the old Bengals vs the Steelers......

While this is the new Bengals vs the Steelers.......

Reply/Quote
I think Trae will more than make up for WJIII. I know their combine stats were very similar, except in strength, where Waynes pretty much doubled the reps of 225 lbs. Why bring up combine stats? Seemed to me WJIII too often lacked the muscle to shine in the NFL, and it was evident often on run plays.

Besides who wouldn't vote for their neighbor? I look forward to getting to know Trae over the coming years. And how cool would it be to talk about a winning pick 6 in the Super Bowl? Hey, I can have dreams too!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2021, 12:46 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Pretty simple question. Signing Wayne’s last year is what lead to us letting WJ3 walk. Was this a good move? Wayne’s is supposed to tackle better, but can he stay healthy? Can he shut down number one wideouts? Can he force more turnovers?

Who would you rather have as your number one corner?

Does Wayne’s fit the scheme better?

I’m not sure what to expect from a healthy Wayne’s. I hope he’s better than WJ3, but I could see WJ3 lighting it up in Washington too. Wayne’s should be decent I would think. But an upgrade? I’m not sure about that.

Cannot vote man, not sure. Waynes could be as good as WJ3, probably much better in Zone but I doubt he is as good in Man.

What is nice is Waynes can play both. This is a big deal as WJ3 could not.
Reply/Quote
I was kinda on the fence until I saw this:
[Image: dmw2pg7irra6cvd7axci.jpg]

WJII can't touch that salad
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2021, 05:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I was kinda on the fence until I saw this:
[Image: dmw2pg7irra6cvd7axci.jpg]

WJII can't touch that salad

The dreads always make the difference lol
Reply/Quote